Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concerns over inflation

Go down 
+9
Omap
Psycheandromida
Dama Oscura
Munroe
Reager
Pat
ViralHatred
Rutabega
Kain
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 pm

You feel richer with 50 bucks than with 50.000 cents, trust me.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:26 pm

I gave this some thought, and figured this: Mundane items cost negligible amounts of money, amounts that we shouldn't really care to measure in an economy. But they still exist. That said, we needn't make a whole new field of money for them. A shilling can still be the main, important unit of currency, the one used to trade for items with a lot of value.

The more neglible sums can just be role-played as silvers and coppers or something more original, and we can assume an average cost of living of about 5 shillings a day, not counting fares at an inn or such. How's that sound?
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 am

Dama Oscura wrote:
You feel richer with 50 bucks than with 50.000 cents, trust me.

Dama's a professional penny broker.

Business is not well.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Dungeons and Dragons does not work in a system where we are not using Dungeons and Dragons.

Here is your problem, Dungeons and Dragons as a game is NOT BALANCED WHAT SO EVER. The game is not made to be balanced, ok? It's not supposed to be balanced. And this is where our problem lies. D&D works because there is a Dungeon Master regulating what you earn at all times. You're the one running this campaign between the Monster Hunters and there is no third party to regulate how you advance. It just does not work, seriously. Let me show you this, shown to me by Omap to prove my point -- Behold, Pun-Pun. Pun-Pun breaks no rules in D&D and runs purely off the rules, yet he can cast every ability and is the strongest creature in existence? Why? Because no dungeon master is tellign the player that what he is doing is wrong and against the game in which the DM is trying to promote. This is the problem, Kain. Nobody is stopping you from utilizing these insane powers you /can/ get in D&D because you can fucking do anything in D&D.

Turning invisible with something as simple as 'Alec Smith turns invisible' - which has happened, is so beyond outrageous. What would you do if a new player came in and applied for such an ability? I'll tell you what you and this community would do, you would lash out at him, criticize him and his character, and downright neglect him. This D&D system is essentially exploiting the rules and is in every sense of the word, CHEATING.

This is Olden ROLEPLAY. D&D is not a ROLEPLAY, while ROLEPLAY does happen in D&D. It is a GAME. Not a ROLEPLAY. And this is where you seem to not understand. You can't use D&D rules in a system that is not based on D&D.

While I have no power in this community, I'm sure most of the playerbase can agree that this D&D nonsense is only confusing new and veteran players, it's causing problems, and it's only making you, and the rest of the monster hunters exceptionally strong.

Let me give you another example. When Arkhauser took on Alec, went to bruise him up a little after he turned into a werewolf- you instantly turned me to a crisp and there was nothing I could do. Werewolves are meant to be some of the more feared creatures in the woodland area. Hell, there was a ward around Surna just to protect the town against such dark beasts, yet when I confronted you.. You didn't even flinch, you had no problem setting me ablaze and getting it over with. Nobody can contend with Alec, and the Monster Hunters less so. Not to mention your party is gaining loot and items that would otherwise require applications. Your entire party has magical gear and the like, with no explanation for how you acquired them. I went one of your trips, I managed to nab a wondrous artifact that could shoot 50MPH gusts of wind whenever I pleased. It's not working, and it's not going to work in this community, I'm sorry.

TL;DR
This is not a D&D Community. D&D does not work, please use the system in place like everyone is supposed too. What is going on here is against the rules.

And you have quite the audacity to tell members of the community to shut their mouths unless they obey YOUR system. Now that, is the move of one serious cunt.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Somehow I feel that Zaku won this argument.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Markka wrote:
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:05 pm

thorogoodd wrote:
Markka wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerns over inflation   Concerns over inflation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concerns over inflation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: