Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elijah Ackerman

Go down 
+10
Kain
Mikoel
Xeloras
Psycheandromida
Pat
thorogoodd
Omap
Krug
themodtester
Reanimated
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 am

Elijah Ackerman Runewarrior_by_eidenet-d39jptx

Full Name: Elijah Ackerman
Race: Human
Languages: Common
Height: 6'1
Birthplace:A small farm a couple dozen miles north of Surna

Biography:
Spoiler:

Skill(s):

Runestone manipulation - 4/10 - Elijah has much to learn as to how to control his runestones perfectly, but he is on the right path with practicing everyday and learning about runestones in general. At the current time he could use basic runestones and at best a little higher up, but he would most likely just hurt himself.

Bladed weapons skills - 2/10 - Little to no practice in using bladed weapons Elijah would just hurt himself unless its some kind of farm implement like a hand scythe which he used in the wheat fields back home.

Blunt Weapons - 1/10 - No experience, he would probably just smack himself in the face with a blunt weapon for some odd reason.

Hand to hand - 3/10 - Being in the occasional bar brawl he is use to a fist fight but he does not know anything fancy...just how to punch properly.

Intellegence - 6/10 - He is neither dumb nor smart...he falls into the sort of average category, but in his family he was considered smart since in the area that he lived in there were not many schools so he did not have much of a chance to learn, so picking up new skills could come slowly to him.

Strength - 5/10 - Average strength for a former farmer and due to all the training his muscle mass did not diminished too much although he did loose pretty much all his fat and was damn near close to being only muscle and bones.

Personality:
Elijah considers himself to be laid back and an easy person to get along with, he will usually not start a fight but he will help others in a fight if he believes that they do truly need help and not just to use him to overpower someone. He also considers himself quite religious when concerning the amulets around his neck, the Dimmig amulet is a sort of family heirloom so he takes offence if anyone were to mess with it. Concerning the runestones and their holsters on his arms he has no real problem with sharing the story with people.

Alignment: Neutral Good - He wishes to help others, sometimes before helping himself but when taking sides he would rather not have to choose and prefers to stay out of conflict unless its necessary.

Inventory:
8 runestones - 4 protection and 4 destruction which are of ice origign and are only capable of producing severely cold wind in a concentrated "stream" while the protection runestones could take a simple spell with ease *destruction mainly* but getting into the more complex could cause them to shatter, and if hit by a simple spell it would be like getting shot with a Kevlar vest on. The runestones are held in a platinum setting with a small gold inlay, the runestones themselves feed off his own energy but with the gold and platinum the drain is not as drastic if they were not there. He can take the runestones out but it takes some force and it causes him severe pain, so unless he truly needs to he will not take them out. The stones themselves are not actually stone but the base metal is silver while the symbol's that glow a slight blue is gold, it is unknown as to why it glows blue yet. Around the 8 stones are a series of spell tattoos that help bind them together to form one spell rather then them each draining from Elijah's energy as separate forces.

Simple linen pants with an iron belt buckle

Simple linen shirt with no sleeves

Old satchel - Contents - 2 loaves of bread a water skin *full* a small metal tin some bandaging a small bit of flint and 482 shillings in a small leather pouch

Amulets of Akash and Mystra
Spoiler:

Iron Saber
Spoiler:

Goals:

Simple - Find a new "home" - Train with his runestones and learn about new ones

Moderate - Aquire new runestones - Possibly figure out a way to make his own runestones

Hard - Master his runic powers - Acquire some wealth - Learn other skills

*Updates!*
Spoiler:

Last edited by Reanimated on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:36 am

P-paragraphs, please. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 am

I could not indent so I forgot about spacing between paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:17 am

Ah. 'S okay.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 am

Reanimated wrote:
I could not indent so I forgot about spacing between paragraphs.

Kindly create some then, please? I want to read, but it's so hard...

Also this is about to get very pedantic but:
I apologise for how annoying I must sound but we wrote the lore with detail so that these things would easy to get right.

The language is Occitanian, not Occitan, and "Weissböden" refers to folk from Weissböde in the Holy Occitanian Empire, dissolved before he was born. It should be "The Nation-State of Weissboede", ideally. Also, those from Weissboede usually take Norwegian or Germanic names, but 'Elijah' doesn't seem to fit according to that.

I do however like the idea of amulets, even if the picture for them is somewhat lacking in terms of looking Occitanian. I'd very much advise against using the Occitanian lore as a springboard.

Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:46 am

I like it. Well thought out. Accept

Also krug go to bed goddamn its 9am where you live
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 am

krug go to bed

Accept
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:32 am

** Edited - Added paragraphs *do not count the sentences I just went by eye* along with getting rid of the Occitan part but if you see a reference to it the I would probably just advise you to look over it for now. I also changed the gods for the amulets.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

sure whatever
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Just a quick thing before I look at it in detail; Oghma doesn't exist anymore. The closest deity to him now would be Akash.

Could you also space out his biography a bit more?

Last edited by Pat on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm not really sure what runes are or how they're supposed to work.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
I'm not really sure what runes are or how they're supposed to work.

The closest thing to them in olden's lore would be sigillum, the written language of magic. As far as I can tell, his 'rune magic' would be akin to a spell tattoo. Let me read it over.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:10 pm

I think of them as like scrolls that are put onto a stone or other strong material that draws on the energy of the user or some kind of power source, they could do simple things as stated above or things of a more complex nature like high level spells. But they are very costly and could be exceedingly rare. If that is not how they work then I will let Pat correct me.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:14 pm

The runes would be made of precious, magic conducting metals such as silver and gold, and they would have to be connected to Elijah with a series of spell tattoos. But the runes would basically be capable of allowing Elijah to put in different sequences of Sigillum in his arm to access different spells. Right now, he has an arm customized for defense, and an arm customized for offense in the form of a blast of freezing air.

With further use of the tattoos and runes, I would imagine he could discover some new uses out of his current ones, or he could try and invest loooooads of money into making new ones. I like it. I'm willing to accept it. Just try and imply the things I've mentioned in the profile.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 pm

This shit seems chill
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:36 pm

** Changed have been made...oh and Mikoel...nice pun Razz
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 pm

But seriously, Elijah for an Occitanian? That would be Sidan at best. It's a biblical name that you would never ever find on anyone of any sort of European descent, and Occitan's naming system is all based off of European culture.

Bad reanimated. Bad bad. Bad.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Reanimated wrote:
** Changed have been made...oh and Mikoel...nice pun Razz

Woah, I just realized that I had made a pun... Christ I'm dumb sometimes
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:22 am

Hey, hey guys.

Say he's part Sidan part Occitan.

OH SHIT.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:36 am

Neutral Guys I took out the Occitan part so there is no real need to keep talking about it.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:36 am

Reanimated wrote:
Neutral Guys I took out the Occitan part so there is no real need to keep talking about it.

You didn't have to if you wanted him to be Occitanian, but okay. :3
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Okay cool.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 pm

I like it.

But you need to change the blue text, it's really rough.

So here, use this, find something less brutal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm

I rather like the shade of blue it is now. But maybe my screen renders it differently.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 pm

This has enough accepts not to be in approval. It'll be accepted on the new forums.

Unless there are any outstanding complaints of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elijah Ackerman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elijah Ackerman   Elijah Ackerman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elijah Ackerman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters-
Jump to: