Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Helen'

Go down 
+8
PuPeT-KaI
Psycheandromida
Krug
ViralHatred
Cakebread
Kain
thorogoodd
Christoph
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 pm

I'd say the gun was the main problem, a problem no one seemed to fully understand. It wasn't just a range issue. The power of that gun meant It was like bringing an AWM into olden.

Anyway, I see the range is down to 90 yards now, so 270 feet? Pretty far still, but much more acceptable as long as you don't go abusing the range like some nutter with a gun.

The werepussy issue is out of my jurisdiction.
Back to top Go down
BooM

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this char is more like the Captain.
In which they have fairly decent skill while also being able to call upon their "curse" in only desperate times of need.
Their skills are often, like with the Captain, better than that of a Lycan.
And I think there are only two Lycans, or active anyway.
But, as I said, correct me if I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Three weres. One is William, the other is Thule, the third is not common knowledge.

I've already given a perfectly legitimate argument, and believe it's possible to have too much of a good thing. Whether or not I'm completely ignored is out of my hands.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:41 pm

BooM wrote:
In which they have fairly decent skill while also being able to call upon their "curse" in only desperate times of need.

thats still alot to have in one place, where it isnt some sort of werewolf-specific settlement

and i wasn't dissing your roleplay, i was saying you've already, one, had an animal character, and two, have had two characters in total. i dont think (HOPE) anyone has made more than two unless they are also playing a special.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:53 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
BooM wrote:

thats still alot to have in one place, where it isnt some sort of werewolf-specific settlement

and i wasn't dissing your roleplay, i was saying you've already, one, had an animal character, and two, have had two characters in total. i dont think (HOPE) anyone has made more than two unless they are also playing a special.
So you're saying having two characters is bad? I don't really get your meaning at all.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:14 pm

I have to agree with Psyche that we're getting too many thropes. If they continue expanding at the rate they are, then we'll end up with the problem we had with vampires before the timeskip, or the problem we had with lycans in DERP. It's an interesting character, I'll give you that. But until some of our current thropes drop dead, I'm going to have to say no more of them.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:15 pm

im saying people shouldnt be having a shitton of fucking characters. as the master of making stupidly large amounts of characters, i should know more than anyone what happens when you have a bunch of them to play. so im saying, if you have two+ maybe you should reconsider before making more.

even though technically you only have one, as the other was pk'd, i still think you should have at least a week or two before you make another. who knows, maybe you wont even want to make another one when you find out how much you like to roleplay the one you already have
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Go ahead and move it to denied then.
Back to top Go down
BooM

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Having lots of Lycans will eventually be their downfall, if one fucks up, they all pay.
Humans are not the Lycans feared enemies, it is themselves.
They are highly territorial and usually ends in a fight resulting in death.
Christoph is, from what I have seen, able to roleplay very well and confident he will follow the lore provided.
I accept this character, for what is worth.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:31 pm

If there are only about three Lycanthrope characters the chances of them all being on the server at the same time are somewhat limited. Even if all three players who play the respected werewolves are on at the same time that does not mean they will actually play on their Lycan characters (especially with all the hatred that seems to be aimed at them). Even if I'm wrong and there are about two Lycans on at once on a busy server, I personally wouldn't mind it. It means there could be some interesting forest roleplay so long as it's not a propetual Lycan hunt. (It's a lonely life being a forest elf who actually tries to live in the forest.)

This character has my approval, but for reasons of fairness I'd suggest limiting the gun's capabilities to something about as normal as a regular weapon of its class, though a perhaps a bit more powerful. Work on improving the guns' qualities IC, it will give you a goal to set forth to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Christoph had a lycanthrope before, it died, now he has zero. This would bring him back up to one, and we were okay with him having one before. It seems kind of arbitrary to deny this based on it being a felanthrope, since it doesn't raise the overall number. I would agree, however, that we should put caps on races like this, never allowing the number to grow beyond a certain amount (unless people are ICly turned, in which case a hunt may be in order).

As for the gun, 90 yards. 270 ft. That's a bit high, but not nearly as bad as 400 yards.

Onto the character itself; she's got a fairly interesting backstory, but I must wonder why she hunts vampires, when it was a felanthrope that killed her father. I guess you just haven't gotten to that part yet. I will hold judgment on this for now.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Munroe wrote:
Christoph had a lycanthrope before, it died, now he has zero. This would bring him back up to one, and we were okay with him having one before. It seems kind of arbitrary to deny this based on it being a felanthrope, since it doesn't raise the overall number. I would agree, however, that we should put caps on races like this, never allowing the number to grow beyond a certain amount (unless people are ICly turned, in which case a hunt may be in order).

As for the gun, 90 yards. 270 ft. That's a bit high, but not nearly as bad as 400 yards.

Onto the character itself; she's got a fairly interesting backstory, but I must wonder why she hunts vampires, when it was a felanthrope that killed her father. I guess you just haven't gotten to that part yet. I will hold judgment on this for now.
I never had a lycanthrope?
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Oh, and I tried my best to limit the backstory. I've found the writing something three pages long is pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'Helen' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Helen'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters :: Failed Characters-
Jump to: