Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lolAlec

Go down 
+7
Zaku
Markka
Krug
themodtester
ViralHatred
Achosi
Kain
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:34 am

so i herd u gaiz like mudkipz

but not alec.

here's the alec complaint thread. stop bothering the admins and just complain directly to me. dont worry, you're allowed to gang up on me, that's why i posted this here.

if you don't complain, but only complain to admins in confidence that you aren't singled out, here's my response: stop whining.

if you instead complain to me, yes, you will be taken seriously and i will try to address your complaints.

PS: This is not the DnD complaint thread. if you post a dnd complaint here, it will be ignored. that shit goes here

Last edited by Kain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:58 am

Alec is too powerful. While his powers are within bounds in the DnD universe (sometimes it seems just barely), being able to shoot fire rays, then armor himself and others magically, then mend his wounds instantly is just too much for any actual roleplay. He often seems more powerful than most villain characters, and he's 1/10 their age.

The way I see it, either his DnD self and his stanard roleplay self become separate, or he forgoes his wide array of abilities. It doesn't seem like he ever runs out of energy.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:09 am

Achosi wrote:
The way I see it, either his DnD self and his stanard roleplay self become separate, or he forgoes his wide array of abilities. It doesn't seem like he ever runs out of energy.

Didn't you know? He's secretly a protection paladin.

Tankin' all day, erry day.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:31 am

Why would we actually hate on Alec? I'm confused.

Please explain.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:14 am

Alec will probably be getting reclassed to another model not my own. This change will place less restrictions on his range of abilities, but more on his ability to cast them. His overall endurance will probably drop one more time. However, he won't be losing his ability to heal himself. That ability was meant to be inspired from studying into Zayl, and it's not one without it's share of costs.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am

Quote :

Trudat.

I despise the idea of rolling DnD style sheets and statistics on server because you're rolling without a DM (no checks on OP'ness), against players using words instead of dice - so how can you quantify that, and what the hell's a technomage.

I love you Kain, and I do love Alec- It's just, when you do /me's that read "*** Alec Smith turns invisible." and you start blatting massive beams of fire with a +19 no chance of failure roll or however - it's a bit... "ehh what?"
Also you can't make an Alec complaint thread and ban DnD complaints, the two are interlinked.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:56 am

So far, my main gripe is not so much in Alec or DnD per say, but mostly the hunts organized every (?) day. I assume every single one of these hunts has ended in varying degrees of success with noone actually suffering permanently of anything. Instead, I fear that these elite few (most of the time?) keep growing rapidly in power and accumulating powerful and rare items, and selling them to NPC vendors while Surna supposedly is choked off of any actual trading to keep shillings rolling in. Sadly, I don't really have a solution for this.

And what's with the insta-heal I keep hearing about?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:22 am

Quote :
It doesn't seem like he ever runs out of energy.

of course it doesn't seem like that, he hardly has to cast spells. seriously, how many times does alec cast spells in a day? shall we count out yesterdays?

1 scroll use (which got retconned in the end, so now we don't count that.)

1 dispell, a 3rd level spell. 1 use of scorching ray, a 2nd level spell. 1 use of mage armor, 1st level spell again. 1 use of floating disk, a 1st level spell. 2 uses of arcane toughness to stop bleeding and heal some wounds with 2 4th level spells. then there's detect magic, which alec casts around once or twice a day. it's a 0 level spell and each casting lasts for hours. for the sake of assuming i did cast it as much as possible, we'll say 2. so:

lvl 0- 2.
lvl 1- 2
lvl 2- 1
lvl 3- 1
lvl 4- 2

this is supposed to make him tired? let's actually ignore any bonuses. this isn't even half his energy cap, and he hasn't even cast many spells in one day. even your own magic characters wouldn't tire from this number of spells.

point being: alec casts briefly and wisely. if there are people lolspamming spells out here, he's not one of them. your argument is invalid.

Quote :
So far, my main gripe is not so much in Alec or DnD per say, but mostly the hunts organized every (?) day. I assume every single one of these hunts has ended in varying degrees of success with noone actually suffering permanently of anything. Instead, I fear that these elite few (most of the time?) keep growing rapidly in power and accumulating powerful and rare items, and selling them to NPC vendors while Surna supposedly is choked off of any actual trading to keep shillings rolling in. Sadly, I don't really have a solution for this.

hunts aren't organized every day. some days, a few get mashed together, but mostly, i avoid powerhunting (hunting in excess) more than once a day. there are days where we go without hunts entirely, more often than not.

people suffer all the time in hunts. we've had several near deaths. we always run into some near-deaths. no one's suffered permanently yet because no one has died yet. closest anyone has ever been there is Deven, who was literally just one point away from death.

As for surna being choked off of any actual trading, w - h - a - t is this fabrication you speak of? the only choking of trade i heard was that of the crafts guild being boxed in earlier during the goblin raids. however, the crafts guild doesn't stand for every merchant in town, and if it is supposed to, that's both silly and false, because it's not.

Quote :
And what's with the insta-heal I keep hearing about?

That's a recent feat I took on Alec and justified it from an interest in Zayl and studying into his history. The feat is simple: sacrifice a spell level, heal a number of hp equal to that spell level. the pro is that you can stop bleeding and pull yourself out of a pinch when things get too dicey. the con is that it eats up magic very very fast if used in excess. there is no limit to how many spell levels can be sacrificed at one time in a given use, you just end up eating away more magic.

if there's some other insta-heal, it's not alec related.

Quote :
Also you can't make an Alec complaint thread and ban DnD complaints, the two are interlinked.

too bad.

quantifying players who use words instead of a system: gee, doesn't that mean your case is less legitimate because you can't quantify your own actions? that's funny, i don't see myself having this problem.

i can quantify these actions just fine, btw. no sweat off my brow or anything like that, it's why i invite random people to join our little hunts. the integration is not that hard. so i believe the ones in the wrong are you, not me, for not being able to quantify the strength of your own characters because you're "using words and not dice".

lastly, i've been very, very, very nice about the dnd the complaints, and i made a simple rule in this thread: don't mention them.

rule broken, multiple times. niceness gone.

Here's how it is: the ignorant have no right to speak. you want to complain about dnd? go learn it. all of it. go do it right now. no, i don't care if you don't want to. go learn it, then complain. don't use the unfairness argument here. anyone complaining about anything ever should not be half-assed about it. we always tell people to go read any lore in question before they make complaints, and this is no different.

now, don't mention it in this thread ever again.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Dungeons and Dragons does not work in a system where we are not using Dungeons and Dragons.

Here is your problem, Dungeons and Dragons as a game is NOT BALANCED WHAT SO EVER. The game is not made to be balanced, ok? It's not supposed to be balanced. And this is where our problem lies. D&D works because there is a Dungeon Master regulating what you earn at all times. You're the one running this campaign between the Monster Hunters and there is no third party to regulate how you advance. It just does not work, seriously. Let me show you this, shown to me by Omap to prove my point -- Behold, Pun-Pun. Pun-Pun breaks no rules in D&D and runs purely off the rules, yet he can cast every ability and is the strongest creature in existence? Why? Because no dungeon master is tellign the player that what he is doing is wrong and against the game in which the DM is trying to promote. This is the problem, Kain. Nobody is stopping you from utilizing these insane powers you /can/ get in D&D because you can fucking do anything in D&D.

Turning invisible with something as simple as 'Alec Smith turns invisible' - which has happened, is so beyond outrageous. What would you do if a new player came in and applied for such an ability? I'll tell you what you and this community would do, you would lash out at him, criticize him and his character, and downright neglect him. This D&D system is essentially exploiting the rules and is in every sense of the word, CHEATING.

This is Olden ROLEPLAY. D&D is not a ROLEPLAY, while ROLEPLAY does happen in D&D. It is a GAME. Not a ROLEPLAY. And this is where you seem to not understand. You can't use D&D rules in a system that is not based on D&D.

While I have no power in this community, I'm sure most of the playerbase can agree that this D&D nonsense is only confusing new and veteran players, it's causing problems, and it's only making you, and the rest of the monster hunters exceptionally strong.

Let me give you another example. When Arkhauser took on Alec, went to bruise him up a little after he turned into a werewolf- you instantly turned me to a crisp and there was nothing I could do. Werewolves are meant to be some of the more feared creatures in the woodland area. Hell, there was a ward around Surna just to protect the town against such dark beasts, yet when I confronted you.. You didn't even flinch, you had no problem setting me ablaze and getting it over with. Nobody can contend with Alec, and the Monster Hunters less so. Not to mention your party is gaining loot and items that would otherwise require applications. Your entire party has magical gear and the like, with no explanation for how you acquired them. I went one of your trips, I managed to nab a wondrous artifact that could shoot 50MPH gusts of wind whenever I pleased. It's not working, and it's not going to work in this community, I'm sorry.

TL;DR
This is not a D&D Community. D&D does not work, please use the system in place like everyone is supposed too. What is going on here is against the rules.

And you have quite the audacity to tell members of the community to shut their mouths unless they obey YOUR system. Now that, is the move of one serious cunt.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Zaku wrote:
Dungeons and Dragons does not work in a system where we are not using Dungeons and Dragons.

Here is your problem, Dungeons and Dragons as a game is NOT BALANCED WHAT SO EVER. The game is not made to be balanced, ok? It's not supposed to be balanced. And this is where our problem lies. D&D works because there is a Dungeon Master regulating what you earn at all times. You're the one running this campaign between the Monster Hunters and there is no third party to regulate how you advance. It just does not work, seriously. Let me show you this, shown to me by Omap to prove my point -- Behold, Pun-Pun. Pun-Pun breaks no rules in D&D and runs purely off the rules, yet he can cast every ability and is the strongest creature in existence? Why? Because no dungeon master is tellign the player that what he is doing is wrong and against the game in which the DM is trying to promote. This is the problem, Kain. Nobody is stopping you from utilizing these insane powers you /can/ get in D&D because you can fucking do anything in D&D.

Turning invisible with something as simple as 'Alec Smith turns invisible' - which has happened, is so beyond outrageous. What would you do if a new player came in and applied for such an ability? I'll tell you what you and this community would do, you would lash out at him, criticize him and his character, and downright neglect him. This D&D system is essentially exploiting the rules and is in every sense of the word, CHEATING.

This is Olden ROLEPLAY. D&D is not a ROLEPLAY, while ROLEPLAY does happen in D&D. It is a GAME. Not a ROLEPLAY. And this is where you seem to not understand. You can't use D&D rules in a system that is not based on D&D.

While I have no power in this community, I'm sure most of the playerbase can agree that this D&D nonsense is only confusing new and veteran players, it's causing problems, and it's only making you, and the rest of the monster hunters exceptionally strong.

Let me give you another example. When Arkhauser took on Alec, went to bruise him up a little after he turned into a werewolf- you instantly turned me to a crisp and there was nothing I could do. Werewolves are meant to be some of the more feared creatures in the woodland area. Hell, there was a ward around Surna just to protect the town against such dark beasts, yet when I confronted you.. You didn't even flinch, you had no problem setting me ablaze and getting it over with. Nobody can contend with Alec, and the Monster Hunters less so. Not to mention your party is gaining loot and items that would otherwise require applications. Your entire party has magical gear and the like, with no explanation for how you acquired them. I went one of your trips, I managed to nab a wondrous artifact that could shoot 50MPH gusts of wind whenever I pleased. It's not working, and it's not going to work in this community, I'm sorry.

TL;DR
This is not a D&D Community. D&D does not work, please use the system in place like everyone is supposed too. What is going on here is against the rules.

And you have quite the audacity to tell members of the community to shut their mouths unless they obey YOUR system. Now that, is the move of one serious cunt.

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound you ignoring the only request I made in this thread. I'm sure you said something important here. Unfortunately, it doesn't belong here, so I'm just gonna ignore it until it's somewhere it does belong.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:40 pm

lolAlec 540-95
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Kain wrote:
Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound you ignoring the only request I made in this thread. I'm sure you said something important here. Unfortunately, it doesn't belong here, so I'm just gonna ignore it until it's somewhere it does belong.
in all seriousness kain it's a bit of a jerk move to refuse to hear a complaint just because it's not where you want it

pretend it was a pm or something

you're better than that

even if it was posted in a relevant dnd complaint topic you'd still hear it eventually, so why not address it now instead of wasting time telling people off
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Since Kain is acting ignorant and is denying very serious complaints, and basically making this thread a choke hold to only certain complaints, then someone go make a thread specifically about DnD.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Reager wrote:
Since Kain is acting ignorant and is denying very serious complaints, and basically making this thread a choke hold to only certain complaints, then someone go make a thread specifically about DnD.

Uh... there's this thread...
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Then I shall bombard it and bring it to the top for it to be more visible.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Reager wrote:
Then I shall bombard it and bring it to the top for it to be more visible.

lolAlec Viewlastposts

holy shit is it so hard to click view last posts shit then you'd not miss these things
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Sorry, guess I'll look next time.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh dungeons and dragons, How broken you are without a dungeon master to keep you in check.

this is another example like zaku's

Quote :
1: Take Locate City, a spell with a range of ten miles per level
2: Apply Snowcasting (Frostburn) to it, making it a [Cold] spell
3: Apply Flash Frost (PHBII) to it, making it deal 2 cold damage to everything in the area
4:Apply Energy Substitution (CArc) to it, making it an electric spell
5: Apply Born of the Three Thunders to it, allowing a reflex save to avoid the damage and changing the damage type
6: Apply Explosive Spell to it, forcing a second Reflex save to avoid being blasted to the edge of the area and 1d6 per ten feet traveled

Enjoy doing an average of 166,320 damage at 9th level and 369,600 at 20th to everything in a 90 or 200 mile radius respectively.

the steps 2-5 makes you roll 3 reflex saves. Making it almost impossible to resit.

6 makes you fly backwards to the edge of the 90 mile radius (Plus 47520d6 feet more) and do that much damage relating to speed. (a lot)

If you pair it with taking the feat "Nonleathal" feat and playing an undead, or "Purify spell" and play a good aligned character. you will still fly backwards but not take any damage upon colliding with an object. This is because you have to be within 10 miles to find the city to nuke, but the radius of the blast is 90 miles.

Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Neutral

Let me just say: read original post for once, please.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:28 pm

There is nothing I can complain about that does not stem from the abuse of the DnD system.

So I will make something up

He's the son of a motherless ogre and his sense of fashion draws pain to my eyes, good day sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lolAlec Empty
PostSubject: Re: lolAlec   lolAlec Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lolAlec
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: