Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thought Relating to Olden

Go down 
+15
Pat
Mikoel
Dragon
Cakebread
Gambit
Dama Oscura
Reager
Psycheandromida
thorogoodd
Munroe
Krug
Kain
ViralHatred
Rutabega
Achosi
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:09 am

Dragon wrote:
but I will agree that Viral seems to just bash down my requests because "LOL I'M SERVER OWNER." Anyway, aside from that.

All you've requested is Tiramisu. I bashed that down because of my own opinions on it. I pay for this server out of my own pocket, put my time into managing it, get nothing for doing it or no reimbursement and I'm not part of Olden, nor do I play on it.

I'm pretty sure I carry enough weight to decide what goes on it until such a point that ruta, pat or olden starts chipping in. ( I have already discussed this with Pat and we have an agreement currently.)

Also kain I gave you ftp access ages ago, why don't you use it?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:42 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Also kain I gave you ftp access ages ago, why don't you use it?

Because I very recently got my laptop back and in working order and now finally have all my lua files at my disposal again- additionally, college has begun, so yeah. I have a life too.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:17 am

VH, it's very generous you do provide our server, and we're thankful, but you don't even want to trial Tira.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan...
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 am

Krug wrote:
VH, it's very generous you do provide our server, and we're thankful, but you don't even want to trial Tira.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan...

Until you get 90% of olden lobbying for it it'll remain that way.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:57 am

Time for poll time
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:32 am

That's the whole problem, Viral, it ain't up to you to decide, you're pulling off the same shit that Matt and NessTea and every other server provider has done.

Paying for the server doesn't make you admin, as neither does coding the script, doing the map or models. This ain't a meritocracy, and you can't buy yourself into a position of power, that's not the way it was nor the way it should be, and I'm certain that it's not what anybody wants, since it hasn't worked at all through Olden's history
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:45 am

I don't have to pay/run a server for you guys. I can drop it whenever I choose to do so.

The only reason you guys got one in the first place was because I felt indebted to you as Olden helped our community when it was dying. I stepped in and provided a server to prevent you suffering a similar fate.

Your community was in shambles before you guys gained a server. Look at it now, you've got roleplayers, you're growing again and you're finally solving some of the problems you guys had.

But ultimately the community leader should decide the script, not by the likes of Krug, Dragon or yourself. And until such a time he voices complaint over my use of Cakescript, or the majority of the community challenges it, it will remain as it is.

I retain Admin on the server since I use it when the rest of Olden is otherwise sleeping their little heads. Or there is an administrative problem that requires attendance. For example the idiots yesterday prop fighting who crashed the server I would have dealt with had Xeloras not stepped in.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:43 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
I don't have to pay/run a server for you guys. I can drop it whenever I choose to do so.

The only reason you guys got one in the first place was because I felt indebted to you as Olden helped our community when it was dying. I stepped in and provided a server to prevent you suffering a similar fate.

Your community was in shambles before you guys gained a server. Look at it now, you've got roleplayers, you're growing again and you're finally solving some of the problems you guys had.

But ultimately the community leader should decide the script, not by the likes of Krug, Dragon or yourself. And until such a time he voices complaint over my use of Cakescript, or the majority of the community challenges it, it will remain as it is.

I retain Admin on the server since I use it when the rest of Olden is otherwise sleeping their little heads. Or there is an administrative problem that requires attendance. For example the idiots yesterday prop fighting who crashed the server I would have dealt with had Xeloras not stepped in.

Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 299-84
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:39 am

Eh, personally I think Olden is doing fine, though it can get boring at times, however I don't think a big get-together meeting can solve this problem where we brainstorm events and such. It's not that people can't think of ideas on their own that's the problem, it's just people don't seem to want to do em. I can't blame them, though, I love doing other people's roleplays more than my own because when I do a roleplay it's less interesting because I already know the whole story. There's no plot twists and shit like that. Also, I'm the laziest shit on Earth Very Happy.

As for the DnD thing, eh, well if it's just Kain who's doing it don't roleplay in Kain's events Razz, as long as he doesn't impose the DnD stuff on others I don't see what the problem is. I also like the fact that Surna seems to be in peril every-other day, it gives me something to do other than sit on my ass, and I enjoy the supervillians behind these dastardly deeds. I like that they're powerful mother fuckers too, in different ways than each other. I want a challenge when squaring off against the big-bad, I don't expect balance.

Really, the thing that could help Olden out is a... BIGGER COMMUNITY POPULATION. More characters created with interesting stories to learn, more people to make lil mini-events, more mini-events happening at once, bigger, better, more awesome epic events where we can have a mass-undead invasion of the town where all the admins can roleplay as monsters AND THERE'S STILL PEOPLE AROUND TO FIGHT THEM, more people throwing in their ideas for lore, multiple factions on the map isolated from each other but are still able to have a good time alone and that can eventually come into conflict with other factions. This means an invasion of the Wood Elf faction of the town may be possible if the town's people piss on too many of their trees without any event needing to be set up beforehand. Honestly there's nothing more awesome than multiple groups doing multiple things at once and having your group run in on another and having both stories intertwine.

That is what makes roleplay awesome to me, multiple minds creating different stories that are linked through a common, though ever-evolving setting, and where storylines can intertwine to make more complex, rich, and entertaining stories (Though it can spawn a clusterfuck.) There can bemore interesting plots and characters in a roleplay server than even the greatest novel, since each individual creates an individual character and works on him or her alone and doesn't have to work on many. Many people working on small parts of a greater story in a somewhat... hiveminded way (? eh, don't know what else to call it) can create a richer one than a single man working alone, in my opinion.

Alas, these are the average Gmod Players' reactions when it comes to serious roleplay:

Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Troll+face
Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Wtf_is_this_shit2
Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Dumbass

Last edited by Jackxter on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 am

Jackxter wrote:
more awesome epic events where we can have a mass-undead invasion of the town where all the admins can roleplay as monsters AND THERE'S STILL PEOPLE AROUND TO FIGHT THEM.

All you need is Alec since he's a one man invincible army.

/thread.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:16 am

Hard to find new members, always has been.

Is there more to say? We do love new members though.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 am

I'm hoping the switch to Tira (if it comes) may help bring in more people because of the immersion it allows, though I think the number of those who wouldn't play on Olden because it isn't immersive enough could be low. However, having a new, advanced script may attract people who were sick of Cakescript for whatever reason in the past.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:43 am

Jackxter wrote:
I'm hoping the switch to Tira (if it comes)

It'll be at least a week until the switch. I have to wait for it's release.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:49 am

Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Exuberance-

My reaction to this news Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:52 pm

People are still posting in this thread?
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:09 pm

The thread is only a couple days old.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 pm

oh my god shit storm starting guys lock it lock it before i get so scared my fat ass pops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought Relating to Olden   Thought Relating to Olden - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought Relating to Olden
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2