Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Linera Windwalker

Go down 
+10
Achosi
Munroe
Zaku
Pat
Kain
themodtester
Markka
Krug
BooM
Jackxter
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:05 am

Linera Windwalker Linerawindwalker
"HEY! We weren't doing ANYTHING in there!"
Sluttiest elf in all the land.

Theme:

OOC: Whelp, here it finally is, the transfer of my narcissistic slutty character to Olden, only minus the narcissism. Hope it isn't too crappy.

Full Name: Linera talclair Windwalker tara Tharmaeon (Linera of the Windwalker bloodline; raised in Tharmaeon)

Race: Wild Elf.

Birthplace: A small village called Tharmaeon in the forest nation of Kyro

Skill: Archery

Linera, being raised in a small village and having hunted most of her life, is adept at archery. Though many villages in Kyro switched to the usage of firearms when their usage became widespread, the Windwalker family felt that bows (with experienced elven hands using them) were simply a more accurate and effective weapon for the hunt.

Peagen Magic

Linera knows some minor Peagen magic, which is the art of summoning energy from the nearby woods if one has the help and permission of the spirits that dwell there. The only spell she knows how to perform is illumination, which allows her to enchant any object, including her own hands, to glow.

Psychokinesis

Linera is learning the art of psychokinesis from an old jerk with a heart of gold Librarian in order to help her prove her worth in the guard, considering she hasn't had any experience with their primary weapon, rifles.

Swordsmanship

Linera learned a bit about swordplay from her father, her private school, and her time in the rebellion, though she has much to improve upon. However, she's easily able to defeat novices in one-on-one combat.

Agility and Stealth

Wood Elves are not known for being muscular or bulky beings, thus they tend to use hit-and-run and other stealth-based tactics when attacking opponents. Because of her ample time hunting, Linera's leg muscles are quite strong, and her stamina his high. She is able to jump high, run quickly and for a long period of time. However, her lack of upper-body strength as well as her reliance on agility means she can only use lighter weapons and armor. She may be vulnerable to fast, heavy attackers.

Biography: Linera, as mentioned above was born into the village of Tharmaeon to a household which held the extended family of Windwalkers, a noble family loyal to the crown. Because of the family's direct servitude towards royalty, they were given a large house and were afforded many comforts, making many of the village quite envious. However, feeling guilty about the entitlement, Linera's father always ensured that the family would make sure their home was one of self-sustainable, just like every other home in the village. Thus, at the age of ten Linera began to learn the ways of hunting. However, unlike most at her age Linera was also expected to attend a private school to learn math, different languages, geography, and political studies to help her when she would eventually be called upon to take her father's place as advisor to the King. However, this would not come for a long.. long time.

Linera kept up this way of life for quite some time, school in the morning, hunting during the afternoon and studying at night. At first, she was disgruntled with the lifestyle but as her age increased she learned to value what she was doing as it would eventually serve to better more than just her own life. Eventually, when the time came for her to enter apprenticeship under her father in the capital city, she was more than willing to take on the task. However, what she was not expecting was for her years of accumulated knowledge to be spent not helping her father... but by basically being a higher-paid servant of the King. The reason? Her father had nearly a hundred years more experience then her and she would only get in the way of his thoughts. Therefore, her father gave her the duty of assisting the King with personal needs in-between her sessions of observing her father at work.

Disgruntled, but not completely turned off Linera decided to use this opportunity to build a personal relationship with a being many would feel above themselves, the King. What was initially small-talk became talk of politics and than eventually.. personal lives. As time went on she began to know the King as a trustworthy, honest to god good man, or at least that's how she judged him. Thus, she was deeply saddened when the King opted to take a two year leave-of-absence during a prosperous year of the Kingdom to tour the world and accumulate more knowledge. However, her career benefited when the King appointed Linera's father as temporary ruler, with Linera being his advisor. For two years the Kingdom was run smoothly and efficiently, and when the King returned the Kingdom was expected to be propelled into a Utopia.

However, at their first conversation back Linera noticed a difference in her once beloved friend and ruler. He was distant, cold, and Linera felt that when she looked into his eyes something within him was telling her there was something deeply, deeply wrong. Almost immediately, the King ordered thousands of workers to begin an archeological dig in the cold mountains of Kyro. Through his journeys the King had discovered the remains of a long-lost civilization of some long-forgotten race of warriors. By studying an ancient map of their empire's far reach, he concluded one of their cities was within Kyro's borders. As this city was excavated, the treasury began to dwindle as more and more workers were brought in to excavate the city as quickly as possible. At the end of the project, it was estimated nearly 50,000 were helping to dig. At this point, the treasury had run out, and to Linera's horror the King resorted to using military-enforced slave labor for the final stages.

"I will not argue with you, Linera. This project is for all of our benefit."

When the final stages of the excavation was completed, it was reported a large, glowing gem of some sorts was discovered deep within what was believed to be an old palace. Linera was there when it was reported, and for the first time in years she saw the King smile. He was immediately shuttled to this ruby, which nobody was allowed touch under the penalty of death. It was for him to touch and him alone, and when he did a tremendous flash of light illuminated the chamber it was in, blinding everyone within. When their sight returned, they saw the King was unconscious next to it and the Ruby no longer glowing. When he awakened, the King was back to his normal, outgoing self, but when the question was asked as to why many had to die in slave labor to excavate this ruby, the King avoided it.

Eventually, it was found out this gem was some sort of ancient healing device that could cure any ailment. It was theorized the King had picked up some sort of curse on his long travels and this was the only way to rid himself of it. Infuriated by the selfishness of their monarch, a rebellion formed, with Linera in it and her father taking a neutral side. The rebellion scored many victories and eventually reached the capital city. Its great walls were besieged and the loyalists seemed to be fighting a hopeless cause... until the King entered the battle. With flicks of his wrist he wiped out whole battalions with dark magic, and so it was revealed that this ruby had done more than just cure the King, it had empowered him. Though many loyalists turned to the rebel's side at this revelation, it was not enough to win the war. Eventually, the rebels were defeated.

In an act of mercy, the King not only decided to spare the rebels' lives but was even willing to let them live within the Kingdom. However, higher-ranking officers within it such as Linera were given the choice of exile or imprisonment. Linera chose the former, and with a sorrowful goodbye she left her small home nation to lands elsewhere. Eventually, she discovered Sanctimonia and the small village of Surna. Though initially alone and naive, she quickly made friends and eventually fell in love with the monster hunter, Ganelon. Though she was initially content with her life of freelance work, her impulses to serve were still within her. She concluded to join the guard in order to quell them and out her love for her new home, and now her story continues to unfold...

Alignment: Neutral Good

Favored Enemy: Wild bears and other dangerous game, she also isn't fond of necromancers or any other users of dark magic.

Favored Weapon: Crossbows and Bows.

Deity: No Deity in particular, but many in her nation tend to worship the spirits of whatever woods they inhabit.

Current Task:

Investigate the mysterious Lycan who seems to have control of his beast form, his rank of some organization being 'Captain' - In Progress
Ensure the Werebear will not threaten the city the next moonrise - In Progress
Find or replace Cyril's wards before the next moonrise - In Progress
Improve her mushroom soup so it is tolerable by other races - Failing
Find out who has been threatening Ganelon and the other monster hunters - In Progress
Investigate the fire at Vorn Tyrr's home - In Progress
Find who stole money from the inn owner's charity - In Progress
Learn how to set things on fire with her mind - In Progress

Last edited by Jackxter on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
BooM

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:13 am

awesome rp
accept
and firsties
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:13 am

Lovely character.

The resize and crop tools are also lovelty.
HAR HAR
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:33 am

Krug wrote:
Lovely character.

The resize and crop tools are also lovelty.
HAR HAR

Damn you Razz. Lemmie see if I can figure that shiz out.
Back to top Go down
BooM

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 am

Gracias, gracias Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 am

Fire Magic - Psychokinesis. Eh. Psychokinesis = telekinesis. Pyrokinesis = settings things on fire.

Some prettier format would be also nice, to make things of importance (headers and such) stand out. Inventory wouldn't hurt either. Aside from that, I suppose it's alright.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm

She really can give some head.
accept.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Rofl. Of all things, I wasn't expecting THAT from YOU, Alex.

Nothing seems out of place here, anyway. Just that you mentioned Talibar several times, and were not in Talibar, but Sanctimonia. Also, I believe you mean investigate Vorn Tyrr's house, not Vorn Lorr's?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 pm

and it's not his house, it's the guild offices where he works at

also, peagan magic?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Eh, whatever the magic is called where you summon energy from the woodlands.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Kain wrote:
Rofl. Of all things, I wasn't expecting THAT from YOU, Alex.

Nothing seems out of place here, anyway. Just that you mentioned Talibar several times, and were not in Talibar, but Sanctimonia. Also, I believe you mean investigate Vorn Tyrr's house, not Vorn Lorr's?

:V I was kidding, Kain. Felt like it.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Jackxter wrote:
Eh, whatever the magic is called where you summon energy from the woodlands.

Druid Magic? I'unno.

But this character is fine with me, and by fine I mean. Fiiinnnnee.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Spoiler:

Jacque removed the watermark.

Good deeds all around.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Many thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Look at her picture and repeat in your head, "She's 83, she's 83..."

Elves are weird.

Anyways, I'll accept this. Check out spirit lore if you haven't already - Aspects would be the source of her power.
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Accepted. For obviously biased reasons.
Ganelon.

Also because she's a good character.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Where to begin.

No such thing as psychokinesis. Closest thing would be telekinetic spells from the abjuration school of magic.

No such thing as 'peagan magic'. While there is a form of 'nature magic', it's really only magic in the barest sense of the word. Spells in the traditional way cannot be cast. The closest thing she'd have would be a natural wild elf affinity with nature. You got it right that her and her people would worship the spirits of nature. These are called Vaettir, and would sort've be like stronger, more sentient forms of aspects, with an actual, subtle effect on nature, including animals, plants, and the elements. She's likely have an affinity with animals, and, with prayer to the Vaettir, could pray for certain affects within the realm of nature. Her bolt striking true, for example. It'd have a demonstrable effect on her shots, but not enough to preform miracles. If she hunts, she'd also thank the vaettir and the animal itself for the life of the animal. She wouldn't hunt for sport.

In fact, beyond learning the 'psychokinesis', this character wouldn't have any experience with magic because the Wild Elves don't really practice much magic in the traditional sense.

I personally dislike her backstory. For one, the kingdom of Kyra or the land of Tharmaeon is never mentioned anywhere else in the lore, and Nuihadhas / Former Estivon is the homeland of the Wild Elves. The Wild Elves also don't have much more than a tribal culture, though that can change.

While I don't have any problem with new lore being created with characters, I personally dislike the tendency of new lands and peoples being created solely for the character, only to never be mentioned again, having no
application beyond their only character. In fact, I -really- dislike this sort of lore. It's the bane of my existence.

So I'm going to ask you to rework your backstory before I can accept this. Feel free to contact me for help, though I may not be able to help you tonight, since I'll have to consult with Xeloras and I'm currently pretty tired.

Also, pyrokinesis is the act of setting things on fire with your mind, and it doesn't exist in olden.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Errr alright, I'll try to work it into the previously established canon if I can.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 am

You meant Pagan, but it's not summoning energy from the woodlands so much as being a hippie, so xD'
(but it doesnt exist in olden from what I know, so it doesnt matter :-P )
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:56 am

Not to sound callous. I'm willing to work with you, as I said, to adapt it. I insist, actually.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:30 am

You can just substitute pyrokinesis with fire magic. I mean, same shit in the end.

The one teaching her is Ronan. Unless he's specifically teaching her pyrokinesis, then I'd assume it's fire magic. Pyrokinesis doesn't really exist, anyway, unless your name is Kain Redwell or Marius Shire.

Those two ascended the weaving process and got to the point where their spells could be cast without weaving and did the spells with straight-up energy manipulation. Bare in mind that this an astounding feat, and a legendary trait of current times. No one in our generation is likely to ever grasp it on such a level. At least, not for a long time. Anyone who does possess the ability likely wouldn't share it with anyone, either.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:39 am

Ill see what i can do. But bare in mind a lot the characters current motivations are built around her past. Creating a different backstory for her while keepingg the character as she is could be a chlenge
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:09 pm

am i the only one who noticed the fact that this character has

"THE SLUTTIEST CHARACTER IN OLDEN"

plastered all over the god damn page? since when did that become something to brag about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Linera Windwalker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linera Windwalker   Linera Windwalker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Linera Windwalker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next