Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sbox_maxeverything

Go down 
+9
RipTheHorizon
Jack
Krug
ViralHatred
Zaku
Kain
themodtester
Gambit
Markka
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Could the sbox thingies be permanently increased? You know, lights, ragrolls, stuff like that to a sensible degree? It's a pain to do anything without being able to spawn a decent amount anything.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Yeah I agree, but the server has been really unstable/laggy...
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm

I blame Pat for that, though.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Blame pat for everything
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 pm

it's not that hard if you use ULX. The !menu command helps. If you don't have permissions, er, we might be able to raise the limits a little, but how much do you need?
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Maybe double what they are would be nice. I'd do all this myself if I had permissions.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:43 pm

You guys should probably put mics back on too.

I find it hard to RP without my ability to talk.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Zaku wrote:
You guys should probably put mics back on too.

I find it hard to RP without my ability to talk.

Mics open up multiple source engine exploits that can cause damage to the server.

Thus they are disabled.

It's bad enough psyche glitching himself superadmin everytime he connects.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Krug

Krug

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Quote :
Mics open up multiple source engine exploits that can cause damage to the server.

Thus they are disabled.

wat
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Krug wrote:
Quote :

Thus they are disabled.

wat

You know how internet works right? Packets of data being sent back and forth? Mic works the same except since the server accepts the mic input without question the packets can be intercepted and filled with harmful commands that can affect both server and clients.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:12 pm

its a conspiracy guise
Back to top Go down
RipTheHorizon

RipTheHorizon

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:14 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
You know how internet works right? Packets of data being sent back and forth? Mic works the same except since the server accepts the mic input without question the packets can be intercepted and filled with harmful commands that can affect both server and clients.

That's not how it works at all. Any data sent over VoIP isn't picked up, read, and then interpreted by the server, it's simply transmitted to audio channels. I highly doubt you actually know what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 pm

RipTheHorizon wrote:
That's not how it works at all. Any data sent over VoIP isn't picked up, read, and then interpreted by the server, it's simply transmitted to audio channels. I highly doubt you actually know what you are talking about.

Valve have attempted to patch it multiple times. Either way it will remain off.

You only have the server until the 8/3/12 so why not actually rp instead of having Krug spam "hai guiz" over mic.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:22 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
You only have the server until the 8/3/12 so why not actually rp instead of having Krug spam "hai guiz" over mic.

Sbox_maxeverything 268-92
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:24 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
RipTheHorizon wrote:

Hey.

It's Krug.

AND Zaku.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:27 pm

ViralHatred wrote:

Hey you guys I can make up stuff too.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Krug wrote:
ViralHatred wrote:

Hey you guys I can make up stuff too.

Quote :
Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Updates Released
Product Update - Valve
Apr 14, 2011
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2M)

* Fixed a packet injection exploit in the client/server streams
* Fixed UDP logging exploit
o Added a new server convar "sv_logsecret" which emits a new S2A_LOGSTRING2 UDP packet to any UDP log targets with the secret value pre-pended

This was the first one that then broke mic for all xp users and never fixed it properly.
Back to top Go down
RipTheHorizon

RipTheHorizon

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Quote :
* Fixed a packet injection exploit in the client/server streams

A client/server stream is not the microphone. You seem to have completely disregarded what I said.
When you speak over the microphone, the packages that you send with your 'voice in them' are not read by the server.

It's like a post office. Say you need to send a post card to your family, who live quite far away. Your family are the other players. When you send this postcard, the post office doesn't open it up and read what it says. They just forward it to wherever it needs to go.

The only thing the server looks at is what type of packet it is. Sure, one could intercept the packet and change it from "microphone voice packet" to "admin command" (which is extremely hard in the first place) you would still need user identification and specialized keys included in the package for the server to execute them.

If mics were easy to exploit, then 95% of all online Source servers wouldn't allow mics, as they do at the current point in time.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:54 pm

^ At above post. I don't give a fuck. My server, my convars.

I don't mind people messing with sbox variables but server variables are my call so mics stay off. You don't need them on in the first place.

If you want them for music or something then you should just ask me to source you an addon like PlayX or such.

Anything other than those and the rules listed in the MotD then defaults to Olden rules.
Back to top Go down
RipTheHorizon

RipTheHorizon

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:57 pm

No need to get so hostile, I was just fulfilling my primal urge to correct factual fallacies. Sorry if I got you riled up.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:02 pm

What? You can't do a man in the middle attack on sourcenet. That's simply not how it works, it would involve a regular TCP/UDP packet on an unprotected socket, which is really, really not how specifications work, specially for the voice stream which is obviously using UDP and any insertion to it would just result in noise as UDP packets aren't redundancy checked at all.

The actual admin exploit is done by SteamID spoofing which is no longer possible, and it didn't involve a man in the middle attack at all but an actual exploit in sourcenet.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't like having mics enabled, people don't RP with mics (and really shouldn't, that's just a little odd). So they're basically just a big auditory distraction. If you want to talk on your mic during RP, get with your other mic-using friends on Skype or some other third-party program. Those are my two cents.
Back to top Go down
RipTheHorizon

RipTheHorizon

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Munroe wrote:
I don't like having mics enabled, people don't RP with mics (and really shouldn't, that's just a little odd). So they're basically just a big auditory distraction. If you want to talk on your mic during RP, get with your other mic-using friends on Skype or some other third-party program. Those are my two cents.

To be honest I think it simply started out as a joke. If it was serious, then God help us all.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Munroe wrote:

I actually do agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Me and Krug were just dicking around.

A music player would be cool though. Something people aren't -forced- to listen in on, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sbox_maxeverything Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sbox_maxeverything   Sbox_maxeverything Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sbox_maxeverything
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Development-
Jump to: