Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Banking?! WOO!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:55 pm

3:00 PM - [CotD] Jack: I just a had a cool idea...
3:00 PM - [CotD] Jack: Couldn't you put in a bank system?
3:00 PM - [CotD] Jack: In some how?
3:00 PM - [CotD] Jack: Such as: An amount of cash is given to the banker, and then a thread is updated with a deposit info?
3:01 PM - [CotD] Jack: And its something to do with the Merchants Union?
3:01 PM - {[A]} GeoWulf - Awake: yeah
3:01 PM - {[A]} GeoWulf - Awake: YEAH
3:01 PM - {[A]} GeoWulf - Awake: BADASS
3:01 PM - {[A]} GeoWulf - Awake: good idea
3:01 PM - [CotD] Jack: Smile
3:02 PM - [CotD] Jack: Its a much better way of putting money into circulation too.
3:02 PM - [CotD] Jack: And you could set up investments, and random losses of money

3:04 PM - [CotD] Jack: Make it, if someone robs the bank
3:05 PM - [CotD] Jack: They get cash, but they are hunted, and the cash must be spent mebbe?
3:05 PM - [CotD] Jack: And its almost impossible to rob a bank?
3:05 PM - [CotD] Jack: Arcane spells?
3:05 PM - [CotD] Jack: I dunno, it'd help lowly thief chars
3:06 PM - [CotD] Jack: I mean the idea isnt really necessary, but it'd help with your money
3:06 PM - [CotD] Jack: And managing the amount of moneh
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Okay, this idea sprouted up in my head when I was thinking about getting the economy of Aeria back into shape. As some of you traders out there know, you can't get a good profit on your items these days and no-one will buy your armours, so if there was a bank, you could save up your money and gain interest over some time, leaving you and others with money to trade. With your money you could RP better, buy yourself a gift, buy someone else a gift... Give money away, I don't know!

The first thing that would happen is that the banks would distribute, maybe monthly... Around 250 - 1000 gold pieces to the people via a lottery or just plain giveaways. You would then either spend it at another shop, who would spend it at another shop, or you could put it in the bank to get interest. Now the bank could also help you start up businesses, by giving away the money that it has in it's treasury, and you would pay it back over time. Then when you are making profit, you would buy other items, giving other players money from selling you their wares. Then the cycle would start all over, you see?

So, lets give a nice little diagram of the cycle of the money to the folks at home.

Banking?! WOO! AeriaEconomyIfYouAreReadingThisDont

The Banks would give money to various businesses, who would give wages to their people or spend at other shops, who would then spend at other shops, until the people invested and the cycle would restart. You could take your money from the bank and then spend it at a shop, avoiding the business loan phase, but the money would still act as if it had been given by the bank itself, you see?

You could also rob the bank and steal money, but you would have to spend it sometime, yes?

ANOTHER IDEA

Another idea, suggested by Geo, is that you could get a tab in your F1 menu, named 'Banking'. You would deposit your money into this 'bank' and withdraw it anytime you want. and then access it from your many characters on the server.

This could also link with the past idea and maybe something could be implemented... A pickpocket system, perchance? (No promises) Your money would be safer in this particular bank.

All these ways are attempts of getting the money and economy back into circulation and spending.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:00 pm

lol.. I made a banking idea a long time ago for desertia.. here's the link.

It was never applied in Desertia, and I have never really cared about money in Olden/Aeria, so w/e.

Do as you wish.
Back to top Go down
Lord-Vorn

Lord-Vorn

Character sheet
Name: John Vorn
Race: Human

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 am

Have a Bit of spirit man....this is a damn good idea me thinks...It ain't about the money after all...Its about the passive rp it brings.
Bloody good idea jack me manchester chum Very Happy

'cough' Sorry for bringing up an old topic....please don't punish me Very Happy 'cough'
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:47 am

*Clubs Vorn over the head*

I fully support this idea, get the credits on the move, jobs will also be required too though, however that sorta falls into Jack's masterful artistic piece.

...on a unrelated note I thought this was a thread for BAKING on Aeria...this turned out to be just as good though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord-Vorn

Lord-Vorn

Character sheet
Name: John Vorn
Race: Human

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:48 am

If we have banks we need bankers....And In the current economic crisis IRL people might want to vent their rage on these bankers ICly...Just a warning Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:08 am

I don't see how there'll be enough money for it all. The bank'd have to start with some sort of budget, because there's way too few paying jobs in Aeria. I've never recieved money on a single of my characters since I first joined. But yeah, it's a good idea nonetheless for people who actually have money.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet
Name: Bael Prosith
Race: Half-Elf

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:12 am

yea Mack is right about the whole money thing, but other than that it seems to be a decent idea, other than the fact that it might not get to much buissness due to the lack of money in Aeria...
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:29 am

Answer is simple - introduce a set amount of money into Aeria and let it circulate. Then, there will be some damn money around.
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:41 am

Sounds like a good idea. But there'll probably be some unresponsible admin around to ruin it by giving himself a couple of extra millions to afford buying anything he comes across.
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:43 am

So. we'd need some way to track the money and all the changes that are made to the amount in the bank, the amount being added/deducted.

Mack, you've pointed out a key issue here. Kudos.
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:48 am

Indeed. There should be some way of logging all the admin commands used on-server (if there isn't already) and some way to keep track of the total money currently in Olden.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:59 am

Yea that would help, prolly have to find a way to circulate the money through the Adventurers more aswell...
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 am

Perhaps now it would even be possible to properly RP a trader/merchant and benefit from it. Epic.
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 am

Indeed. With a few more traders and this new banking system, Aeria's economy will be epic.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:12 am

Very epic only worry i have is that alot of people who play are not merchants, and do not work, therefore they will not have very much money : |

Including ME!!!!!! Bael Prosith=Poor
Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 am

Alexander makes a lot of swords...
He should be rich ICLY but OOCLY he's not Razz
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:17 am

Yes well im the exact opposite, My rp characters are always constantly poor.

Well poor or they dont give a crap about money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banking?! WOO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banking?! WOO!   Banking?! WOO! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banking?! WOO!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Off-Topic :: Dumps, Requests, Reviews and Junk-
Jump to: