Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mayday and Krogoth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 pm

10:34 PM - Mayday: I'm my friend and I are now permanently banned for having the names "Mersedes Bense" and "Cadilac Cadilac"
10:34 PM - Mayday: apparently it was making a mockery of rules
10:35 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: well it is actually against the rules of roleplay
10:35 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: not just us
10:35 PM - Mayday: how
10:35 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: It's a used name
10:35 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: copywrites
10:35 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: that kind of thing
10:35 PM - Mayday: Mersedes Bense is not under copywrite
10:35 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: the name is
10:35 PM - Mayday: No, it's not.
10:35 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: yes, it is, actually
10:36 PM - Mayday: Look it up, Mersedes Bense
10:36 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: that's what Trademarks are for
10:36 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: you know, the (R) things?
10:36 PM - Mayday: Pal, if you haven't realised it, Mersedes Bense is not the same as Mercedes Benz
10:36 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: it's still a mockery from it isn't it?
10:36 PM - Mayday: It can be interpreted as the same name, but as for copywrite infringing, it's not and therefore is not a justifiable perma-ban reason
10:37 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: okay, the perma-ban i fcan understand because right now as things are
10:37 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: we can't afford to just kick someone
10:37 PM - Mayday: I was apparently called a troll
10:37 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: in our eyes, you are
10:37 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: because we were recently blown apart
10:37 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: by people who basicalyl did the same thing as you and cadilac
10:37 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: so we're paranoid
10:38 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: but it's better than getting fucked over twice
10:38 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: we can't trust anyone anymore it seems
10:38 PM - Mayday: Why don't you people actually wait until someone does something wrong?
10:38 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: Because we're not that stupid
10:38 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: we waited for someone to do something wrong, guess what happened
10:38 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: when they did
10:38 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: it nearly killed us
10:39 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: we do this because we're scared to death of people who don't follow rules
10:39 PM - Mayday: So are we actually perma-banned?
10:39 PM - Mayday: We didn't even get a chance to play
10:40 PM - Mayday: All we got to do was run around and explore for 5 minutes until we were told to change our names, so we did, and then we got banned
10:40 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: you changed them?
10:40 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: from what to what?
10:41 PM - Mayday: To what I said, the slight variations so it wouldn't be infringing on copywrite laws. We were told to change our names because apparently you fear for lawsuits and therefore couldn't accommodate players using corporate identities.
10:42 PM - Mayday: We're fans of those car manufacturers and idolize them, and when we were told that we would be banned for having those names, we changed the lettering so as to be perfectly legal.
10:42 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: well to us, we seemed to... wel.. view it as a "I'm sticking my ass in the air and shaking it at your rules"
10:43 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: may a suggest a name like "Alfred", something that would be used in real life, mayhaps?
10:44 PM - Mayday: I did, I used my real life name after I was kicked and when I rejoined someone said "Mercedes is back, ban" and I quickly said "no" and argued my way out of it.
10:44 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: i mean i have names that nobody would think of, but atleast they're original and are within standers
10:44 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: okay, that's a bit too far in my eyes
10:44 PM - Mayday: We would just like to be unbanned from your server
10:44 PM - Mayday: We haven't broken any server rules
10:45 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: well, i do apologize
10:45 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: we're just a bit.. i don't know.. stingy.
10:45 PM - Mayday: And for another possible arguement (pertaining to legit names) Mercedes is a female spanish name and Benz is a German last name
10:45 PM - Mayday: So therefore Mercedes Benz could be the name of a woman of German descent born in Spain.
10:46 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: but, isn't your character male?
10:46 PM - Mayday: The Mercedes-Benz manufacturer is hyphonated for the reason of discerning it from a common name.
10:46 PM - Mayday: No, I was female
10:46 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: oh...
10:46 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: hm..

STEAM_0:1:8609509 - Mayday
STEAM_0:1:6036671 - Krogoth

Unban and let them play?

Last edited by GeoWulf on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:51 pm

10:51 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: i would say, uh
10:51 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: use real names
10:51 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: just for the sake of..
10:51 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: no complaints..
10:51 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: know what i mean?
10:51 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: i'm not one to object, or judge, really
10:51 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: don't get me wrong, mercedes benz is a cool name
10:51 PM - Mayday: Thanks. As well, even though this infringes on nothing, the name I used before I was banned was Sirap Notlih, which is Paris Hilton backwards.
10:52 PM - Mayday: I changed to that after my friend was banned
10:52 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: Cadilac cadilac... was.. eh.. was a bit too much.
10:52 PM - Mayday: Yes, but he wasn't able to get the warnings
10:52 PM - Mayday: He was having trouble with someone on Steam and was more focused on that
10:53 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: well, we don't really know that
10:53 PM - Mayday: When an admin told him to change names, we were talking over Steam about someone and then he got banned, so then I quickly changed my name which didn't help
10:53 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: bleh, this is a whole mess
10:53 PM - Mayday: He was just standing still for like 5 minutes not responding in game
10:53 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: all over a bit of freaking paranoia..
10:54 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: please accept an apology from me, and grant us an understanding
10:54 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: we just got literally smashed
10:54 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: so we're kind of freaking out
10:54 PM - Genosis Wulf [GeoWulf]: tearing things around to try and recover ourselves
10:55 PM - Mayday: I do, I know about the Facepunch scandal which is the reason him and I were on your server. We do not operate with facepunch, but when a situation like this appears we become involved, and I go as far as to help the victimized individual and/or community.
Back to top Go down

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:28 am

I'd probably unban them, because it's not a smart move to tell someone you're afraid of them. Give them a real chance, but make sure they know that you could keep them out forever if they make a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Jumbo_Grill

Jumbo_Grill

Character sheet
Name: ???
Race:

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am

Well. He/She was playing with a char named PARIS HILTON as well.
Just think about that.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

Character sheet
Name: Hawker Rose
Race:

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:01 pm

I changed to that immediately after my friend was permanently banned because it was the first thing that came to my mind when the admin began to say that I was going to be banned to. I had used my real name near the start but I changed it because I wasn't too keen on using a real life name as an RP name.

This is role play after all.
Back to top Go down
Mayday

Mayday

Character sheet
Name: Hawker Rose
Race:

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 pm

I wanted to respond to GeoWulf earlier, but I was sleeping and when I awoke he had removed me from his Steam friends list. Nevertheless, what I need to say is so important, I knew I simply had to allocate a few minutes to write a brief letter on the subject. But before I continue, allow me to explain that the biggest difference between me and GeoWulf is that GeoWulf wants to ignore the pleads of a recently banned member and refuse to let them "shine". I, on the other hand, want to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. This should be a chance to examine and bring problems to light, to share and join in understanding, but if you read between the lines of his précis, you'll honestly find that his accusations of others (and mine, as outlined in his last message this morning at 6:31 AM Eastern Time) have created a sappy universe devoid of logic and evidence. Only within this universe does it make sense to say that Comstockism is the only alternative to factionalism. Only within this universe does it make sense to seek vengeance on those unrepentant souls who persist in challenging GeoWulf's antics. And, only if we strengthen our roots so we can weather the storms that threaten our foundation can we destroy this quasi-disgraceful, ethically bankrupt universe of his and provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, free from fogyism, antagonism, and all other forms of prejudice and intolerance. I would like to go on, but I do have to keep this letter short. So I'll wrap it up by saying that GeoWulf's lack of regard for my case will take credit for others' accomplishments within a short period of time.

I apologize for the size of this post, but it seems that a user several posts above this one cannot format a proper signature, therefore impacting the entire thread.

I also apologize for any insults, but removing me and dropping the subject lit my short fuse.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:10 pm

I was the one who banned you. And, for rather obvious reasons. At the time I banned you, your name was along the lines of "JACK LOL". My first instinct upon seeing a name like this, is "Troll" and "Ban". We'll see about getting you unbanned, but you really shouldn't be taking it out on Geo. He is constantly spammed by people via steam about various things, and is often busy. You can contact me, Pat, Mat 'O Brien, or Drakkonan for help as well.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Mayday wrote:
I wanted to respond to GeoWulf earlier, but I was sleeping and when I awoke he had removed me from his Steam friends list. Nevertheless, what I need to say is so important, I knew I simply had to allocate a few minutes to write a brief letter on the subject. But before I continue, allow me to explain that the biggest difference between me and GeoWulf is that GeoWulf wants to ignore the pleads of a recently banned member and refuse to let them "shine". I, on the other hand, want to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. This should be a chance to examine and bring problems to light, to share and join in understanding, but if you read between the lines of his précis, you'll honestly find that his accusations of others (and mine, as outlined in his last message this morning at 6:31 AM Eastern Time) have created a sappy universe devoid of logic and evidence. Only within this universe does it make sense to say that Comstockism is the only alternative to factionalism. Only within this universe does it make sense to seek vengeance on those unrepentant souls who persist in challenging GeoWulf's antics. And, only if we strengthen our roots so we can weather the storms that threaten our foundation can we destroy this quasi-disgraceful, ethically bankrupt universe of his and provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, free from fogyism, antagonism, and all other forms of prejudice and intolerance. I would like to go on, but I do have to keep this letter short. So I'll wrap it up by saying that GeoWulf's lack of regard for my case will take credit for others' accomplishments within a short period of time.

I apologize for the size of this post, but it seems that a user several posts above this one cannot format a proper signature, therefore impacting the entire thread.

I also apologize for any insults, but removing me and dropping the subject lit my short fuse.

Bwa, what? I removed you? O.o'

I might have gotten the wrong person, I have a lot of people from the FP incident on my list right now.

Wouldn't be the first time an accident like this happened.. bleh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mayday and Krogoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayday and Krogoth   Mayday and Krogoth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mayday and Krogoth
Page 1 of 1