Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't go overboard with the OOC delays

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Empty
PostSubject: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Honestly, I really hate going on the server and trying to say something important in OOC when all of a sudden I find myself unable to use it for 10000 seconds more. What the fuck, honestly.

Oh and no, the solution isn't just BIC. Sometimes you really need to use it, but you can't, and you can't ask anybody. And it's very frustrating.

So, my suggestion? Don't crank it over 200 seconds, which is already ALOT. 10000 just makes it look like you'll never be able to use OOC, which is a terrible idea, given of how really stressing that is. Leave it on a constant 30 seconds so it doesn't get flooded.

Otherwise, just take Tacoscript's chatbox and adapt it, then leave the OOC delay at 10 seconds, given that OOC can be toggled then.

Reasons why OOC delay shouldn't be cranked up over 200 seconds.

-OOC keeps a less stressing RP situation. Even people on very consuming roleplays like to use OOC every now and then.
-OOC is useful for quick in game communicating without having to use SF.
-OOC can be used for warnings, suggestions, things like that.
-OOC is generally useful, AKA, thing that you want to use at the moment, not 8410 seconds later.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Honestly.
I support this.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 pm

@a
@sa

But yes, good suggestion, I'm trying to get Tacoscript chatbox in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:20 pm

This is definitely something I understand. Especially the whole frustrating aspect of it. Taking things to PMs gets mighty clustered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:07 am

We could always put in some serious rules against OOC/LOOC spammage if the Tacoscript chatbox isn't giving out the message. Like a kick, or a 5min ban or the player being gimped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:59 am

I agree yesterday I couldn't use OOC until like 1+e925 and I don't even think that is a proper number Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:37 am

Problem being, Tacoscript chatbox is hard to put into Cakescript.

But, I'll try.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:55 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
Problem being, Tacoscript chatbox is hard to put into Cakescript.

But, I'll try.

Not really, from what I can see, you just have to hook the AddToChatBox function on the cl_chatbox to some shared hooks, like playersay, or whatever. I think there's a "ChatboxAdd" hook or something, gotta check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't go overboard with the OOC delays   Don't go overboard with the OOC delays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't go overboard with the OOC delays
Page 1 of 1