Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hl2.exe Failure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gazoogle

gazoogle

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Pretty much this is a story all about how, my Gmod got fuck up upside down, if you like to take a minute just sit right there, ill tell you why my account is up in the air.

Pretty much this, I got home yesterday and tried to get on GMOD, The OldenRP server was up for me for the first time in like 2-3 days and I was eager to get on. "Hl2.exe encountered a problem" and it shut off. Tried again and again. Deleted everything and reinstalled it, long story short it wont work.

"Wy my Jeemawd no werk" is the question im asking.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet
Name: Bael Prosith
Race: Half-Elf

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Ok i may be no real help but i have had that problem myself...kinda.....only thing is after it closed gmod it would just work when i opened it again. the only thing i can think of is too completely reinstall steam, and Gmod, other then that Format your Hardrive
Back to top Go down
gazoogle

gazoogle

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Yeah, I tried to delete steam but it just would not work or it would take days. my dad may have infected the computer with a virus though of course when that happens its all my fault because downloading a picture off of photobucket = instant computer failure unlike a random update.
Back to top Go down

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Unlucky, mate. Hope to have you back whenever.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 pm

gazoogle wrote:
Yeah, I tried to delete steam but it just would not work or it would take days. my dad may have infected the computer with a virus though of course when that happens its all my fault because downloading a picture off of photobucket = instant computer failure unlike a random update.

Well if it is a virus formatting the Hard drive is the only way that you could get it to work short of buying a new Computer :\
Back to top Go down
gazoogle

gazoogle

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 pm

I do have two though I think the one that I normally use, the one im on now, isn't strong enough to run Steam. Hell it can't even run paint anymore.

I might try or tinker with the hard drive when my dad isn't around.
Back to top Go down
gazoogle

gazoogle

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Unlucky, mate. Hope to have you back whenever.

Gah sorry for the double post but...

Its more like "Hope to have you start whenever"

I just found out about olden rp 2 days before gmod stopped working, it took me a day to try and get some things set up, and now it no werk D:
Back to top Go down

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Go to your Steam Games list, right-click Garry's Mod, go to Properties, choose Launch Options, copy-paste this in:

Code:
-windowed -width 800 -height 600 -console

If you prefer to play without windowed, remove that line.

The essential parts are the -width 800 and -height 600.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:29 pm

You guys -do- know there was a recent gmod update and, that was likely to break it?
Back to top Go down
gazoogle

gazoogle

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Fixed it, Had to re download hl2. Check the Game cache integrity, and a few small commands.

Edit: Now im having another problem, Garrysmod.org wont let me download the stuff for the server.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 am

Ok gaz good job figuring out that first problem the secound one....i have no clue my best guess is that either your computer hates you, or that you should try a different web browser.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

gazoogle wrote:
Fixed it, Had to re download hl2. Check the Game cache integrity, and a few small commands.

Edit: Now im having another problem, Garrysmod.org wont let me download the stuff for the server.
Use firefox.
Also, download an anti virus thing, as it seems your dad is a moron when it comes to virii.
Other than that, good luck.

Captain Koliup, signing off.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Steveman12 wrote:
Ok gaz good job figuring out that first problem the secound one....i have no clue my best guess is that either your computer hates you, or that you should try a different web browser.

Or the website is down/lagged.
Back to top Go down
gazoogle

gazoogle

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:03 pm

It was a temp thing, The one download problem I have is the packs posted by Geo dont download or there is no button to download them.
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 am

gazoogle wrote:
It was a temp thing, The one download problem I have is the packs posted by Geo dont download or there is no button to download them.
That is strange, i don't see why they weren't there, did you try just running a search on the site itself, instead of clicking the link here? Not the best idea in the world, but it is something... : /
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hl2.exe Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: hl2.exe Failure   hl2.exe Failure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hl2.exe Failure
Page 1 of 1