Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kain Redwell

Go down 
+18
Pat
Zappericus
B3SERK
Jack
Fuzzy Wolfy
Vibrantly Virtuous
Markka
Zaku350
PuPeT-KaI
Psycheandromida
LawnJesus
Phry
Gambit
Mack
Munroe
Krug
Rutabega
Kain
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 am

Kain Redwell Kainbeach

"...I missed this view."

Age: Appears to be in his early 20's, but is actually almost 30.
Race: Human
Birthplace: Unknown
Affiliations:
  • Servant of Eleanor Duvedirfel
  • Formerly of the Eastern Demon Hunting Clan
  • Formerly of the Legion of Numbers
  • Formerly the Surnan Guard Captain

Skills:

Energy Manipulation: 10 - Flawless
<[ | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | ]>
This skill was originally a more raw and 'base' version of magical studies, first adopted and used
by the Demon Hunters with the intent of understanding the disruption of the weave and thus,
prevention of spell usage and magical defenses so inherently powerful in demons and shadow beings.
This practice has been duplicated in weapons to provide the 'Weave Disruption Field' many Demon
Hunters' blades are famous for. Kain, however, has stretched the upper limits of this field, reversing
the original methodology to manipulate the energy coursing through weaves. In time, the skill has gone
even further, and has become both his chief asset and one of the major points of his studies.

Fire Magic: 8 - Excellent
Ritually blessed under the Sun God, Kossuth, Kain's flames come very naturally to him, but moreso,
they also come as holy, purifying flames, for they are the medium through which Kossuth sends his
divine powers. Immunity to flames and transmutation of a raw flame to a divine flame are also part
of this skill-ability set. Although Kain made extensive use of this power, he never put much effort into
furthering his abilities. He simply got around it with creative use.

Soul Magic: 10 - Flawless
When you have to live your life with the constant threat of your soul's corruption, you tend to
learn how to work around it. A class of magical spells Kain had learned since his youth, and
continued to master with and without help over time. His heavy reliance of and involvement with
this magic has allowed him to perfect the art over his lifetime. In recent times, Kain has returned
to studying the soul, now filled with new knowledge that could push the boundaries of his past
understandings of soul magic.

Seal Magic: 10 - Flawless
Magical seals have been the other staple of Kain's survival, whether it have been sealing his own
energies, or the energy of another. Kain had been using seals since before he understood what they
were. Mastery came with practice and constant use, and now, this skill is in its prime. The skill, though
not inherently powerful or destructive, can prove both flexible, versatile and painfully effective in certain
cases.

Melee Combat: 9 - Near-Perfect
While it's entirely feasible and rather expected of a Demon Hunter to be versatile and masterful of
close-combat weaponry, Kain's overall reliance on melee attacks has declined over time. A mixed
fighting style has lead him to put off perfecting his art, once again relying on innovations and
improvisations to get him by in battle. Even so, a blade in Kain's hands is still a very scary thing. Though,
in certain cases, he may be far more frightening when left unarmed.

-----

Description: Kain's hair is jet black, and his eyes once gleaming an eerie golden, had briefly returned to their natural deep azure, but they have once again returned to gold, yet this time, the luminosity of the glow is so intense, it could put any elf or mage to shame. Usually, it just ends with Kain having to avoid eye-contact, though. His nose and jaw are sharp and his complexion is tanned from constant exposure to strong lights. His actual height is six feet, two inches, though when disguised, he likes to appear smaller.

When not disguising himself, Kain is garbed in his usual cloak, vest, pants, and boots, which would appear no different from average clothing, save for the obsidian glossiness to its appearance, like fluid stone.

However, when under one of his aliases, he may appear as an older upper-class noble with a top hat, cane, and formal wear, with an obnoxious accent and demeanor. He may also pose as a magician with a blue cloak and black mask, white vest, and black pants with a whip at his side. His final disguise is an all-white cloak, vest, pants and boots, with a get-up with a simple steel shortsword, a blue mask about his face, and a red sash holding the sword in place.

Personality: Seven years ago, the terms "Kain" and "humbleness" were unheard of in any sort of succession or combination. Yet, that is precisely the case today. Kain has finally learned to willingly sacrifice his own needs for the sake of others, as opposed to doing it in the name of his duty, and like everything else he does, he does this in extremes. Everything he does, however, he does in secret, or at least attempts to. His previous code of going unknown and unrecognized for his power and acts remain a strong part of his personality. While he continues to struggle in understanding some aspects of humanity, he places himself in the position of the lesser, and tries to listen to those more human than him, to understand their thoughts and become more of a human, himself. He keeps his word, down to the letter, regardless of how long ago the promise was made. But, sometimes he ends up carrying duties he no longer has to, and his previous role of the Waymaker continues to weigh a burden on his mind, even when it's no longer his role. His desires of companionship are also very strong, but for some reason, he avoids committing to relationships because of a certain someone. His secrets, however, have found a home in the ears of another. Among all the radical changes, there is one that particularly stands out: Kain has begun to show respect and gratitude, though only at certain times, in certain places. As for his inferiority complex, Kain no longer sees the world in any sort of threatening manner. He finds no existence more threatening to him than his own-

**Update**

-Especially now. After having experienced a loss unlike any other in his time, Kain's policy of sacrifice has been extended to getting things he wants in exchange for things he's willing to give up. But that isn't the end of what the loss has done to him. His obsession to become a human is coming full circle... he wants to fulfill the expectations he himself had set upon humanity, and do so as a human. This has also come with a growing spite for lies, deception, hesitation, and other common inter-social and interpersonal problems among mortals, along with everything that incites them. With neither a best friend to speak to, nor a love to guide him, and growing notion that he no longer needs to hide what he really is, Kain has also been growing in independence of mind and will, and he's going to make full use of it through stubborn actions and his usual apparent spontaneity. Something crazy, maybe even incredible, is cooking up in the mind of this Redwell.

Backstory: There are rumors of men who attempt to walk amongst Gods. There are rumors of men who struggle to do the impossible. There are rumors of men who claim to wield true power. There are rumors of men that try to understand the truest nature of the world. There are rumors of men who succeed.

The story of this man is no rumor.

Spoiler:

Alignment: Neutral Good.
Favored Enemy: None.
Favored Weapon: Velve d'lil Zik'den'veveren - Sometimes shortened to Zik'den'veveren, or Zik'den.
Deity: Associates chiefly with Kossuth, and a little with Oghma and Sune, though he likes to make fun of Ao from time to time. As one might guess, Ao never finds this amusing.
Current Task:

Listed in terms of priority;

Watch over all the realms, but especially the imprisoned Chaos Gods of the Outer Realms. - Eternal - Canceled - "Fuck that. This is what golems are for."
Watch over Aeria in secret.. - Eternal - Canceled - "Eh, let Zero do it."
Live peacefully. - Canceled - "Peace?... I'll show them peace."
Get that bloody date. - Canceled - "Damn, what a kiss..."

Work on his project. - Completed - "Let's see 'em break the world NOW."
Try to find someone to share his company and secrets with. - Completed - "Figures, it'd be her."
Deal with the Shade problem - Complete - "More or less... Thanks, Lyss..."
Find 'Vintar' and have a friendly chat with him - Completed - "Close enough. It got the job done."
Find a way to reforge the Windcutter - Completed - "Let's hope we didn't get ripped off."
Get on good terms with that special someone - Completed - "Fuck... YEEEAAAAAAAAAH!"
Find, meet, and maybe bring back that special someone. - In Progress - "FUCK YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

1. Serve Eleanor - On-Going - "My Lady... Heh, it's got a ring to it."
2. Work out a deal between the Legion and a willing mortal representative - In Progress - "Well... They're gonna need some help, one way or another."

3. Find that bloody Warblade - On Hold - "Well, it's not like it's gonna break anytime soon..."
4. Give Ossus an answer. - On Hold - "I can't worry about this yet..."
5. Learn more about what Marius left behind for him. - On Hold - "...A village?"

Make sure Marius comes back alive - Failed - "Marius..."

Notable Items:

Quote :
Lackluster - The sword is like any other bastard sword, roughly 3'3'' feet long. This sword has a hilt slightly longer than others so it may be wielded and maneuvered properly with two hands and advanced handling techniques for skilled swordsmen. The blade of the sword is Orium, but for added functionality, it has runes of red Lucium in the blade. This provides some protection against magic, although don't mistake it for Dorifium, this sword can't reflect/negate magic at 100%. Orium's properties makes the blade slightly lighter than a normal longsword, but not by much. The sword is unnaturally sharp and easy to swing, which generates speed while the user swings and cuts through materials normally improbable for a sword. The blade's hilt also has 3 amethysts, two of which seem fake. The middle one appears both real, and faintly glowing, with a miniature animated cloud visible in it. One of the fake ones now has a cloud in it, but isn't glowing just yet.

After Marius concluded he would be unable to return Kain his Warblade, Marius offered him his own sword in order to make up for it. Kain wields Lackluster with pride and skill, and looks to it as a symbol of his and Marius' friendship. The the blade's sharp edge and long hilt can be used together to perform extremely fast, powerful and nimble swings. Because the sword's speed can keep up with Kain's focus, it becomes an extremely dangerous weapon in his hands. Kain may not wield it with the same skill as Marius, but he wields it frighteningly quicker reflexes, making full use of the blade's top speed with consecutive, calculated, and tireless attacks.

With Marius' death, Kain treasures this blade as one of the few memento's of his departed best friend.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Picture:

He's gone back to this image, but looks less unfriendly.

Without Mask:
Kain Redwell Kaincloak

"Special Stuff":

Last edited by Kain on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 102 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:49 am

Reserving this section for anything extra.

Last edited by Kain on Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:31 pm

And so Kain Redwell returns to reclaim his rightful title of Kain Fuckin' Redwell.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Nay, I am here to perform but parlor tricks and harass the local female guards. Though, I am flattered.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 am

Tropes added, because Psyche is fat.
Back to top Go down

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Oh boy, kain can be my new punching bag! Very Happy
Zayl is too stingy, >:l
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Companion Cube wrote:
Oh boy, kain can be my new punching bag! Very Happy
Zayl is too stingy, >:l

Dats why you wear thick armor when beating him.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:58 am

Update. Added a song. Not totally on target, but pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:14 am

What is this.

Casts spells and manipulates -energy-

Wait. Didn't I already constantly go on about this before?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:03 am

Yes, meaning you don't have to do it again. Plus, most of his spells are unconventional, except for the fire magic.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:05 am

Kain wrote:
Yes, meaning you don't have to do it again. Plus, most of his spells are unconventional, except for the fire magic.

...nerfnerfnerfnerfnerf.

You still remain the only character that never wiped.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Well, actually, I have wiped. I just won't say what.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Kain wrote:
Well, actually, I have wiped. I just won't say what.

If you wiped your char, then good jesus we should be able to see a significant drop in Drakeson-tier power.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Unfortunately, knowledge is power.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Kain wrote:
Unfortunately, knowledge is power.

F*ck your riddles. This character is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Your FACE is ridikuluss. And, prithee, swine, how darest thou compareth mine character to Son of Drake?

Kain is much cooler. Sad
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Kain wrote:
Your FACE is ridikuluss. And, prithee, swine, how darest thou compareth mine character to Son of Drake?

Kain is much cooler. Sad

NERF.

Or there will be ex-admin tier consequences.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:02 pm

ROLL OVER.

Or we're taking a trip to the veterinarian.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:10 am

Alright, so I've decided to try something different

Everyone seems to have their own opinions on this character, and general impression I'm getting is you all want to have a say in what Kain is, what he isn't, what he can be, what he can't be, what he can do, what he can't do, etc etc.

So, please post your honest thoughts, in their entirety if you can, without holding back, whether it be for my sake, or yours. With each consecutive additional opinion, I'll try to structure him to fit the wishes of the community as a whole.

I understand that a fair portion of these posts will be largely uninformed, and I understand that, and will still cater to them, as long as they're serious, not a cheap joke. We'll see where this goes over the course of the weekend.

For now, reserving some space for the edited version.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:02 am

Alright, here I go:

I'm going to be blunt. Kain started out as a serious character, but thanks to Geo, and you yourself, Atrum, he's become something else entirely.

He's not only more powerful than any entity within Aeria, with the exception of Ao, he's fully aware of it, and pretty damn cocky as a result. So instead of a serious character, Kain is now a wise-cracking god with the potential to kill any serious RP on the server.

Between eating jellybeans (which technically haven't been invented in Olden), flying around with rocket boots, and becoming walking guard-flypaper, among many countless other ridiculous things, the mere presence of Kain shifts the mood from dark and serious to zany and borderline ludicrous. No threat to Surna's people is scary, no battle or situation is dramatic, because Kain's out and about and he's going to kick your ass or kill the mood with some jokes and / or insults, and you'll only end up embarrassing yourself if you try to stop him. He gets what he wants, says what he wants, and does what he wants, and the only way to stop him is if he allows it. Atrum, you've seen the Tropes, so you know that they pretty much cover what I'm saying. Kain is so powerful that he broke the story, and thus the RP.

Now, why is he powerful? Good question. I never saw a single application for anything in Kain's inventory, or any of his abilities. His sword defies the laws of magic and physics, as it has an entire plane locked inside it, capable of storing entire Gods without so much as cracking. With this blade, Kain could trap all of Olden's gods, destroy all of Aeria, and possibly annihilate the entire universe, with the exception of Ao. This is what I've heard, from Kain himself and from various admins, so no, I'm pretty sure this isn't an exaggeration.

Kain also has what can only be described as huge space stations, complete with a compliment of powerful golems each. His robes are impervious to every form of damage conceivable, and with them, Kain can produce any item he wishes. His robes have seemingly unlimited energy in them.

On top of his equipment are his skills, almost all of which are fully maxed out, despite Kain's relatively young age and the human capacity to master skills. He's an excellent swordfighter, a fast, flexible, and acrobatic hand-to-hand fighter, and he's capable of using magic and manipulating energy and matter at the subatomic level.

I look at all of this - granted, I might have some of it wrong, but for the most part, this is accurate - and all I can say is, be reasonable, Kain. This character was made by some heavy thinking and help from GeoWulf, back when he controlled every aspect of this community. Kain may have started with nothing, but Geo pretty much gave you free reign to make Kain as powerful as he could possibly be, regardless of how it made sense with the lore (which has also changed since then, but Kain still hasn't). Now Kain's surrounded by characters who all have to go through applications and approval and get nit-picked until they make their character balanced, and damn right he has an enormous advantage over all of them.

It's late, I'm tired, and I'm probably sounding like an ass right now. I can't come up with an IC reason / way Kain could be de-powered (yet), so for the time being, I vote for a retcon, possibly a complete erasing, of this character. Think that's harsh? It could be so much worse.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:31 am

I don't care about bans. When I left, I originally requested to be banned so I wouldn't come back, and I'm not entirely sure why I wasn't, but since I was invited to return, I gave it a shot.

That is all irrelevant, though. Thank you for your opinion. I won't try to discount or disprove anything you have said, I will just take it into consideration.

I will, however, make the bold claim that my character is likely more serious than most others by several magnitudes. He just doesn't have to show it all the time. And again, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, since it's late.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:55 am

Well. Short story. From just reading this, I'd say Kain is overpowered.

And from what I've heard from several sources, he has never applied for any of it.
I've never RPed much with Kain except for on a few occasions.
But from what I can gather from reading and listening, he is overpowered with the help of an old Head Admin who is now gone.

I don't doubt your ability to RP, Kain. But this community is one where everyone feels everything should be perfectly balanced. I don't feel it should be perfectly balanced, but a cocky, wise-mouth, back-talking God-killer is hardly giving anyone even the slightest of chance, now is it?

And, I think you will benefit more from removing or toning down alot of Kain's abilities, as it will make RP alot better than just. "Hey, you, give me your gold."
"No."
*Takes your soul and wraps it into a ball, opening a black hole and throwing it in.*
(Dramatization)

And I do remember the character whipe. Was Kain ever whiped in that?
I don't really know, so if you could just tell me yes or no, I'd be on a bit more stable ground on this matter.

But yeah, that's my opinion on Kain.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Mackalian wrote:
overpowered

WHAT OVERPOWERED CHARACTER!?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Mackalian wrote:
But this community is one where everyone feels everything should be perfectly balanced.

Perfect balance is impossible to achieve, and frankly pretty drab. But without apps and approval, anyone can become as powerful as this just by saying so in their character thread, and the backstory will be completely broken and stop making any sense at all. So that's why these systems exist, and should be followed, regardless of who you are and how well you RP. What would Olden be like without strict apps? Need I remind you of the days when the community was full of powerplayers and immature RP? If we make one exception, we open the flood gates. And in my previous post, I hope I've made it clear why no one should be this powerful anyway.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:51 pm

From how Munroe describes it, this character does sound OP.

Someone also mentioned a character wipe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kain Redwell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell   Kain Redwell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kain Redwell
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next