Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sidan Scholar

Go down 
+2
Reanimated
Gambit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:56 pm

The Sidan Scholar Adok_the_half_life_by_alishmcmalish-d38yh9c

The Sidan Scholar

Alias-- Gathas

Name-- Faruq Kedar

Age-- 37

Gender-- Male

Race-- Human

Birthplace-- Narsii - Sida

Skill-- Spirit magic - Espionage - The occult

Biography--
Born into the noble blood of Sida, Farug Kedar was the son of one of the Sultan's tax officials. Early in his childhood he was experiencing conniptions of spirit energy. Often in his sleep he would mumble words only heard in the temple of Narsii, words of magic. Faruq was retrieved by the Sultan's orders to be put into the temple for study as he could be an ally, or a threat. His childhood was spent being studied in the temple, for he was a conduit of power. Ancient scripture stored in the temple brought up the prophecy that every so often a spirit god of Sida would smile upon a child and give them a gift, a fraction of their power.

Years of training in service to the Sultan, religious rhetoric and ritual, espionage, and control of the spirit energies have made Faruq a loyal magician to the Sidan Sultanate. In light of the rising Talibarian and Occitanian conflict, the Sultan dispatched Faruq under an alias of "Gathas" to discover the state of the armies, and any opportunities that may unfold.

Alignment-- Lawful - Neutral

Deity-- The Desert Spirit - (Spiritualism)

Current Task--
-To serve the Sultan [Eternal]
-Spy on the war, Talibar, and Occitanian forces - [Temporary]
-Protect himself [Constant]

Items--
-Light, expensive linen robes
-Kriss dagger x2
-Ceremonial jewelry
-Gold and gems for trading

Abilities--
Spoiler:

Last edited by Gambit on Sun May 01, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Redesigning character, the way I originally made it it was very hard to play.

Requesting clean, move to acceptance area.

EDITTED
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:07 am

Cough.
Back to top Go down

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Read this over a few times, offering my approval.

He seems like a pretty cool character. One thing I had to read over a few times was the Spectral Zone ability, which I'm not too sure about.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Well anything made by Gambit is useually good so this has my approval.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:09 am

Are you fucking kidding me.
Back to top Go down

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:59 pm

If no one has any problems with this character, after sitting here a while, then it should be moved to accepted I'm pretty sure. Well, after an admin says their say.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm sorry I haven't checked in yet, but aside from that, this character needs some revision in his abilities.

His siphon is basically soul magic, and that's something big from what I know. With someone sucking in souls as a power source, all those abilities would be trivial, and he could potentially become incredibly powerful. If I were to suggest something, I would have it so he casts using the power of the spirits themselves, not the souls of the dead.

That, and I just don't like the idea of completely cutting off spellcasters when it comes to the spectral zone.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Xeloras wrote:
completely cutting off spellcasters when it comes to the zone.

Happens all the time, and spirit energy is different from soul energy. To the best of my knowledge. I have no issues with the character.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:13 pm

It's a dispell. Acts like any other dispell.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Then it was possibly a misinterpretation on my part, that is assuming it will stop the individual spell, and not the spellcasting potential of the target itself.

And you're using the name spirit energy as you would soul energy. Spirit energy comes from spirits, like the Saints of Occitan. Whereas soul energy comes from the dead. The scholar wouldn't even need to go through the process of taking energy from the dead if it was spirit energy, as it would come from the spirit he serves.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Spirit and soul can mean the same thing, it just depends on how you're using it.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm

They can, but in Aeria terminology, they're two very different things. A spirit being something like a minor deity, and a soul being the sentience of a being and a shitload of other things.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:16 pm

It's a bit of both. Just his current abilities are focused around the soul magics, I'm going to keep it spirit for the sake of it being a synonym.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Well, it's possible that he grants the nearby souls to the spirit he serves and receives power from the spirit in return. But if he's just hogging all those souls to himself, he'd start becoming far too powerful for me to accept.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:05 pm

The gems he carries act as buffers to use that power at certain rates and storage, for holding onto that energy is hard. Plus, it's all gone when he gets hit by his own dispell power.

But really, how common are the dead bodies that he requires to get power?
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Quote :
how common are the dead bodies that he requires to get power?

The Sidan Scholar 1292434339697
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:07 am

Bitches.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:19 pm

and
The Sidan Scholar HOE_250x250
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm sorry Gambit, but in his current state, the Scholar is far too powerful.

Firstly, he's using soul magic, throw in any other word you may like, that's the basis of his powers. Soul magic is a big thing, as in it's not something the every day man could be able to use. While I understand he was blessed by a spirit, that'd be a HELL of a blessing. Any magician is capable of learning it, but it would take an incredibly good teacher, and masses of practice, in fact, I think one of the only characters to use soul magic was Kain, so yes, it is a high-tier of magic.

Secondly, a soul leaves the body after ten minutes to an hour after death, and he can't leach a soul from a living being, as that would penetrate the Sacred Field, which is another high-tier act. To actually get a soul would be complicated.

So I'm afraid I'll have to deny this until some revisions are put into it. If you need any help feel free to come to me.

And actually, he wouldn't even need souls for the other two abilities he has. He could just be using the energy from the spirit who blessed him. Adding souls to that is just putting more trouble on yourself.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Boop. Is this needed anymore?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sidan Scholar Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sidan Scholar   The Sidan Scholar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sidan Scholar
Page 1 of 1