Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

--[ Doppelgänger ]--

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

--[ Doppelgänger ]-- Empty
PostSubject: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:57 am

==>| The Doppelgänger |<==

--[ Doppelgänger ]-- 180px-Doppelganger_-_Sam_Wood

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
Doppelgangers are humanoids, identified primarily by their ability to change their shape and appearance to mimic almost any humanoid creature. They have long, slender limbs which betray their above-average strength and agility, and pale gray skin. Their eyes resemble those of an octopus, yellow with slitted pupils, and they have no hair on any part of their body. Their facial features appear to be half-developed.

Personality:
Doppelgangers are cunning and patient, and will wait as long as it takes for an opportunity to present itself. They have the ability to Detect Thoughts, which helps them to mimic their target almost flawlessly by imitating their mannerisms and discovering information that only their target would know. Because of this, they are feared and regarded as natural spies and assassins.

Reproduction:
Doppelganger families tend not to be close; usually a male and female meet, engage in casual sex, then leave one another, with the female being forced to single-handedly rear any resulting newborns—who will leave their mother upon reaching maturity. Some Doppelgangers, however, form tightly knit family clusters, while others will mate with humanoids, taking malicious delight in using their non-Doppelganger spouse as a cover for their inhumanity. Children born of such unions have a chance of being a half-Doppelganger, while descendants can find them selves with a Doppelganger Bloodline.

Subspecies:

The Changeling:
The Changelings are a race descended from half-human/half-Doppelgangers, known as Changelings. They breed true, like Doppelgangers do, but have more distinct facial features in their natural form. They can only change their physical appearance, not including their clothes, and they cannot Detect Thoughts

Abilities:
Most doppelgangers are naturally born with the ability to mimic other humanoids, and humanoids only. True doppelgangers are luckily also gifted with the ability to detect thought, allowing them to closely watch their prey, and study them for future needs. While, True Doppelgangers can mimic appearances down to clothing, and apparel, Changelings are without the ability to mimic to that extent. Only allowing them to shift into an opposing physical form.

When one changes their gender follows with, this being said. Doppelgangers are hermaphrodites. Though, their true form may reveal their gender, when they change they gain he sexual organs of their form. But, if a female-doppelganger is to get impregnated they are unable to change their form until after the pregnancy. This being said, most doppelgangers prefer to live the lives of males.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--[ Basic Rundown ]--

• Doppelgangers can change shape to mimic nearly all Humanoids
  • They have above average agility, and strength.
  • True Doppelgangers can 'Detect Thought'
  • Doppelgangers usually work as Spys, or Assassins
  • Most as cruel, merciless, giving them an evil reputation
  • The Subspecies 'Changeling' is a more human-like Doppelganger, they are able to mimic to some extent, but are without the ability to detect thought.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Statement: I'd like to know more about 'detect thought'.
Opinion: And I personally think Doppelgangers should be weak in 'natural' form, but take on the strength of their mimic victim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Koliup wrote:
Statement: I'd like to know more about 'detect thought'.
Opinion: And I personally think Doppelgangers should be weak in 'natural' form, but take on the strength of their mimic victim.

Well, for Detect Thought.

They can kind of read minds. But, at a low level. They can't live through somone's entire life, but lets say. Someone's heading to, lets say a keep. They'd be able to sap that bit of info from them, and mimic them. Get what I'm sayin'? So they could spy.

As for their natural form. They're actually stronger. Because they're not concentrating on having to mimic and hold their new-form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Is this a creature? Seems more like a race :S , but anyway I like it, I hope it's accepted so I can make a Doppelganger ( Sorry for the wrong a :S ) .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:06 pm

They won't be characters, persay. More like event characters, or raiding enemies.

Y'know, a little impersonating until they get caught, cause a bit of havoc, and die. They're more for uh, starting little things. Not being played as entire characters.

Changelings on the other hand, feel free to try and apply for one.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:09 pm

Ah, I see.
So, if you're thinking 'I got a hot date tonight at X' they can sap that and fuck your life over.
And I think I understand the strength, they use physical strength to keep the mimic up, I was thinking 'doesn't that use mental strength?'.
Meh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Koliup wrote:
Ah, I see.
So, if you're thinking 'I got a hot date tonight at X' they can sap that and fuck your life over.
And I think I understand the strength, they use physical strength to keep the mimic up, I was thinking 'doesn't that use mental strength?'.
Meh.

Well, it does use mental strength.

But trying to concentrate on risky fighting maneuvers and holding a form.

It's not how strong, or big you are - it's how you use it.

Plus, they have to be strong. With Surna being full of egotistical pricks, half-demon demi-gods, and drones. They'd have no change otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
With Surna being full of egotistical pricks, half-demon demi-gods, and drones.
Zaku350 wrote:
With being full of egotistical pricks, half-demon demi-gods, drones.
Zaku350 wrote:
With full of egotistical pricks, half-demon, drones.
Zaku350 wrote:
With of egotistical pricks, drones.
Zaku350 wrote:
With egotistical, drones.
Zaku350 wrote:
egotistical

In any case, I see what you mean, only slightly physically stronger than a regular human.... or around there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:41 pm

You could've just quoted "egotistical", that's what it seems you wanted to...
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:49 pm

See no reason not to accept. Changeling may be app'd for, doubtful that doppelgangers will be used for true characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:50 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
See no reason not to accept. Changeling may be app'd for, doubtful that doppelgangers will be used for true characters.

They won't. That's ought to be clear.

Changelings however can be app'd for.

So, I don't know. Might want to put this in Races? Up to you.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Well, make a separate thing for Changelings, and I'll put it in races.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Can we see a picture of a changeling in it's normal form?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:00 pm

--[ Doppelgänger ]-- Changelings

--[ Doppelgänger ]-- Dandd

Best I could find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:12 pm

So they have brightly coloured hair? And clean teeth white skin, yes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:16 pm

White and gray colors, yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Looks pretty epic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:31 pm

It's going to be hard to find a picture. >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:59 pm

Ness Tea wrote:

Means there will be not many of them. Good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Mack wrote:
Ness Tea wrote:

Means there will be not many of them. Good.

This.

And I'm making sure only TRUSTED. VERY TRUSTED. Players ever get their hands on them.

Same deal for the Illithids.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Question:

What do they eat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:55 pm

They're omnivores, like people.

They eat what they can get - depending on what they're mimicking different things'll vary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: --[ Doppelgänger ]--   --[ Doppelgänger ]-- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

--[ Doppelgänger ]--
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket-
Jump to: