Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Empty
PostSubject: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:15 am

Character : Zayl Rathman

Applying For: Recently, Zayl had to have his arm amputated. He intends to replace this arm with a reanimated arm through necromancy. Onto this arm he plans craft, through a series of seals and patterns embedded into the arm, a sort of automatic weave system. This would essentially allow him to channel the respective energy through the seals into a quick shot spell. However, the problem comes with the organic base--whereas a sword might be able to handle the energies, an arm, a fragile one at that, can not. If Zayl were to supply a strong amount of energy into the seals, his arm would most likely disintegrate--lower supplies of energy may not destroy the arm, but weaken it's stability and catch his clothes and the arm itself on fire. Zayl intends this to be mostly a surprise, one-shot, quick-fix ability.

Now, you may be wondering why I decided to app for this, being a head administrator. Well, I wasn't exactly sure if this ability was overpowered or not, and didn't want to give myself a potentially overpowered ability without anyone else's consideration. Please treat me as if I was a player--criticism is very welcome.

And if you don't accept this I will ban you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:17 am

You mean he can quickly cast only lesser-powered spells, and more powerful ones take time as always?

Sure, Accepted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:18 am

Psyche wrote:
You mean he can quickly cast only lesser-powered spells, and more powerful ones take time as always?

Sure, Accepted.

Pretty much this.

But, I have to ask-- what if someone forcefully injected him with magic, and-or manipulated it's quantity could one make his arm explode?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:19 am

Well, he can cast higher power spells--but that'd most likely blow his arm off

Edit--Yes, I suppose he could, though...hm. Damn good point. The necroarm lacks the sacred field that usually protects against that sort of thing D:

Last edited by Pat on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:19 am

Pat wrote:
And if you don't accept this I will ban you

YOUR PLANS HAVE BEEN FOILED, DEAR SIR PAT.

But yeah. The weave isn't that much of a bloody con for spellcasters already. It's basically just "flick your fingers for two seconds before using your spell" kind of thing. Which doesn't really matter in the end. So I don't see why this shouldn't work.

pleez dunt ban me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 am

Hey, I take the time to weave my spells, foo'. You read mah training?

And besides that, yeah, I like, accepted.

Also, Pat have my babies.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:37 am

So I guess this is accepted? >_>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:37 am

No. Pat shut up.

This is terrible, you should just leave.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:39 am

Sad.

you can't make me leave, i quit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:40 am

Accepted. Moving it personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM   Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zayl's Auto-Weave; AKA AGHHHH MY ARM
Page 1 of 1