Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Grim Reaper - Deleted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
(Lemons)

The Grim Reaper - Deleted Empty
PostSubject: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Just delete the thread allready

Last edited by (Lemons) on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Aside from this potentailly being overpowered and abused, you're not gonna have much to do as the Grim Reaper himself (and that's assuming he even exists). Characters never get PKed in Olden Mad

I'm gonna have to deny. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
(Lemons)

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

I would never powergame and I would NEVER abuse, you can permanently ban me if I ever do.

Plus I can find anything to do during normal days, Im a resourcefull roleplayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:11 pm

I like it, and I think I'm going to have to accept.

We can trust Lemon, I think. But there's one problem. Nobody dies. Ever.

-EVER- Even if they do, they come back within a few days. So, you won't have much to do.
Back to top Go down
(Lemons)

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 pm

It's not just about reaping people, its about the experiances and the roleplay between them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Denied because it's completely overpowered.

The Grim Reaper doesn't end lives. He's the person who guides the spirits of already dead people to their appropriate afterlife. The reason people imagine him with a scythe is because he is immortal and cannot be attacked by living nor dead things. Thus he is associated with power.

Who the person playing this doesn't matter. Death itself shouldn't be roleplayed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Actually, the reason death has a scythe is because people used to consider him the harvester of souls, just like you use a scythe to harvest wheat.

I don't see a problem with this myself, if he wants to rp this char on the seldom occasion that someone is PKed, he should feel free too. It's also totally impossible for this character to get into a fight, since spirits can't really fight back, so I don't think abuse is an issue.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:24 pm

I'm rejecting this, for the same reason Psyche is. It's not supposed to be RP'd, if it exists ICly at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:59 am

Denied

I doubt the Grim Reaper even exists in our lore. It's just not fitting together correctly. And as Psyche said.

Death itself should not be roleplayed.

I can count 4 denies here. I'd say this has been pretty much bum-fucked.
Back to top Go down
(Lemons)

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:18 am

I never said this character was just for the times when someone is PK'd and I fairly well know that what the grim reaper's responcibilities are.

The thing I dont get is that on the server itself and over SF bassicly you all say "Oh, I trust you lemon" and "Your a good roleplayer Lemon" but the rare occasion I use the forum application for a character I was iffy about Im told I would use it for powergaming and abuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:35 am

Quote :
The thing I dont get is that on the server itself and over SF bassicly you all say "Oh, I trust you lemon" and "Your a good roleplayer Lemon"

I don't.

Quote :
I never said this character was just for the times when someone is PK'd

So you're saying you were planning on using the Grim Reaper for passive RP? No. No, no, no, no, no, no.
No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 am

Mack wrote:
Quote :
The thing I dont get is that on the server itself and over SF bassicly you all say "Oh, I trust you lemon" and "Your a good roleplayer Lemon"

I don't.

Quote :
I never said this character was just for the times when someone is PK'd

So you're saying you were planning on using the Grim Reaper for passive RP? No. No, no, no, no, no, no.
No.

You should read Terry Pratchett's books about Discworld's death, you'd be supprised how well he works in passive activities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:50 am

Quote :
You should read Terry Pratchett's books about Discworld's death, you'd be supprised how well he works in passive activities.

We've got our own independant lore. Something alot of people seem to disregard completely.

A character that can kill people at whim is NOT something we need running around.
If he's used in passive, he's going to develope grudges. And he can simply kill anyone he dislikes as he wants. "But I'm not going to do that!" still doesn't discard the fact that you have the ability to. And that's enough a reason to say it's overpowered. Doesn't matter how responsible you are, or who you are. Having power means you can use it. And also means you CAN abuse it.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:01 am

Most ridiculous character request I've ever seen.

Lock'd. There are such things as Reapers, there isn't just one one of them, either, and they don't kill people, they are more-so... 'angels of death', so to speak, that bring lost souls to their proper afterlife, and then the reaper itself is destroyed... or moves on to another recently-spawned soul.

There is one reaper for every soul that ever existed, unless the soul is already gone or in the afterlife... The soul's reaper is always watching for the time of proper death, they cannot predict when the death will happen, so they must observe until it does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grim Reaper - Deleted   The Grim Reaper - Deleted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Grim Reaper - Deleted
Page 1 of 1