Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New 'Catfolk' Lore

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Pat asked this of me a while ago, I believe we're going to replace the sex-slave cat girls Kazuth; as the excuse for cyber, and display your fetishes publicly, to a more logical, and tolerable race of cat-folk.

Quote :
-=[ Catfolk ]=-

Zaku350 wrote:
The Catfolk are a rare, almost mysterious, and nomadic race of individuals. They're renown for their agility and charm. At first glance, a catfolk would appear to be a human with a set of feline-like ears, furred and all. Ears vary from each individual to the next but most are covered in fur and display a natural color, ranging from browns to whites. While most fur matches their natural hair color some stray off this path. From their rears normally sprout a sprawling tail, which also varies with each individual. These too
follow the same pattern as most cats. While some feature more feline like qualities, some including patches of fur on their bodies, claws, and whiskers. Most are more human-like.

While Catfolk have no home to call their own, they're widely renown for their nomadic lifestyle. Some settle down when they're ready to have a family of their own, while most wander the lands in search of luxury, wealth, and anything else they might desire. This being said the Catfolk do not have a land of their own, though, their are rumors of a plentiful city hidden in the vast deserts inhabited by a sub-species of Catfolk, but nothing is certain.

One could call Catfolk tricky, and mischievous while others are charming, and good-willed. They're a varied race of people, though they're not known for their intelligence. While some grow to become adept wizards, and scholars most live their lives as entertainers, and bards. This being said, most make their way to vast cities and are attracted to villages and towns alike that share the same passion for fun, as they do.

The exact history of the Catfolk is unknown, some say they were born through magical means, an experiment of sorts. While others claim they were brought to his plane by the gods as the first link between species. Felines and humans to be precise. Though nothing is certain, what is certain is that they're here, and they're proud of who they are.

With their nomadic, and mischievous life-styles come consequences. Some Catfolk are disliked by races of 'higher standards'. Races much like the dwarves, and elves whom of which would rather spend their lives in study, then wandering the lands in search of merriment. But they're at home with the gnomes, a race of people that share the same beliefs as them. And are more then welcome in their vast cities, where they're known to be good tinkerers, and artists.

Most catfolk dislike fighting, some strive for it. And are known for their agility in combat. Parrying at every corner, and ready to deliver a nice sweep-kick if need be. Both nimble, and flexible they make perfect martial artists, and rouges alike.

As for their personalities. Most catfolk are extremely optimistic, finding the silver line in everything, and would be the first to comfort a friend. They forget easily, and are quick to forgive. While being lively, and hyper they may come off as being annoying, which is a reason races like the elves look upon them in distaste.

While most catfolk are gifted with a silver tongue, some, if not all are gifted with the ability to speak with domestic cats, lions, and other felines. This is done through a series of hisses, purrs, and meows as well as both face and tail gestures. It's impossible to translate these gestures and calls for other races who aren't gifted with the feline tongue, making it a perfect way to spread a few secrets between one another. Most are very fluent in more then one language, given their years of traveling.

As for sub-species, there are hundreds. Ranging from Catfolk with lion-like features, to more lynx-like people. The possibilities are endless, and it's said that you'll never see two similar catfolk, and this could easily be true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Male Photograph]:
Spoiler:

[Female Photograph:]:
Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing a Catfolk:
Zaku350 wrote:
Catfolk are usually a happy folk, who strive to make friends and bring merriment wherever they roam. While some may stray from his path. Most are chaotic neutral in these respects. Though, not many worship deities diligently some do tend to make offerings to the gods of good stature. Every Catfolk is nimble, and extremely agile compared to a human, or even an elf, unless stated otherwise. Though, some have claws not all do, and it's even rarer for one to have retractable ones. Every Catfolk is gifted with at least a set of highly sensitive ears, and a tail. Almost all have fur, while it is rare, but not impossibly to have a hairless Catfolk, though these are exclusive only to barren desert regions. Should a Catfolk find him, or herself trapped, or imprisoned they're quick to succumb to depression. They are a needy race, one who thirsts for freedom, and enjoyment, should these rights be taken away, it is said that they'll wither away, and eventually die. This being said, most Catfolk are deathly terrified of being imprisoned, or forced to do anything, for that matter. And are quick to flee if they have too. While Catfolk to pack a strong punch, do not expect to be downing a Orcish Warrior in a single blow. Yes, they're stronger then your average human, but they too are flawed. They are particular fragile when it comes to their bone structure, and can easily break a bone if someone were to deliver a well aimed strike. While Catfolk may, and can reproduce with any race of humanoid standards, most stick to having relations with their own kind, which is preferable, and more tolerable in their almost absent culture. Most live to the age of seventy, like normal humans, while some have been known to surpass that, and go beyond the age of one hundred, but this is rare. Catfolk mature a few years younger then the average human, they're full grown around the age of sixteen, some standing at only four and a half foot, making them a short race of people. They are gifted with a highly sensitive sense of smell, hearing, eye-sight and touch. Some honing their ability to see in the dark to a near perfect grade.

Quick Reference:
Zaku350 wrote:
  • Catfolk are a race of humanoids with feline like features, these include slit pupils, whiskers, claws, fangs, patches of fur, slender frames, and most of all tails and ears.
  • Catfolk are gifted with a very sensitive sense of smell, touch, and eye-sight. Some of which may see in the dark.
  • Most are short, and slender, but can pack a punch. When paired with their superb agility, and quickness they make great rouges and fighters.
  • They live to about the age of seventy, like normal humans, and are very similar in those respects. They mature at the age of 16, and prefer to reproduce with people of their own kind, in fear of dwindling their blood-line
  • They are a nomadic people, with no land to call their own, but a happy people. Whom of which search for fun and merriment.
  • Many are entertainers, and bards, giving them a playful reputation, while some becomes rouges, thieves, and even worse. Assassins.
  • Most races are fond of Catfolk for their kindness, and hospitality, especially those of Gnomish heritage. While races like the Dwarves, and Elves frown at them.
  • Almost all can speak fluent Common, and Feline, a languge only spoken by cats, and the like. And is untranslatable to anyone whom of which happens to be non-feline. It's spoken through a series of purrs, meows, and other calls, alongside gestures of both the face, and tail.

-=[ Racial Equipment ]=-

Zaku350 wrote:
Although the Catfolk share no single culture, or combined history for that matter, there are a series of weapons that have gone through each generation, and have proven time and time again as promising pieces. Alongside these historic weapons are a series of armors, and other items that were exclusive only to the Catfolk. Now that they've been indulging themselves in other cultures, these fine pieces of equipment have made their way around the world.

The Katar:
Zaku350 wrote:
The Katar is reknown for it's simplicity. Also reffered to as the 'punching dagger' the Katar short, sharpened blade attached to a hilt one wears over their knuckles and grasps with their hands. Used in a punching manner, hence it's name, the Katar has proven itself as a fine weapon in close quarters combat. When used effectively the Katar can easily pierce the strongest of materials, using a series of strong, powerful thrusts. Whem combined with martial skill in hand to hand fighting the Katar can be one of the deadliest blades on the battlefield. These quick and deadly thrusts and punches are achieved by the Katar's light, yet durable frame. Even the hardest of blows will keep the blade together.

The frame is simple. A handle which is made up of two parallel bars connected by two, or more, cross pieces, one of which is at the end of the side bars and is fastened to the blade. The remainder forms the handle which is at right angle to the blade. While the blade, is always double-edged and are generally straight and with lengths from a few inches to about 3 feet.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Oh god not these things again
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Better than Kazuth.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:49 pm

i agree with zahkoo
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:50 pm

They're going to be -strictly- regulated, nevertheless. We don't need more then TWO on the server at a time, tops.

It gets out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:59 pm

How about we just say they don't exist instead?
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Munroe wrote:
How about we just say they don't exist instead?

Zaku isn't made by his race, he's a character on his own-- unlike most cat-people he doesn't rely on the fact. So, I wouldn't entirely mind getting rid of 'em, that or keep them really, really regulated, and for trusted players.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Why do we need them,
They're mutated humans with cat parts.
How about I make a race with uh.
Gnomes with chicken parts.
And most of the people who've played them are self-admitted furries. pale
What's the point of them? To look cute? For an excuse to act feral?

Last edited by Kallistia on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:16 pm

New 'Catfolk' Lore 30065589_13946b11dd
shudder
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 am

Kallistia wrote:
Why do we need them,

Why not?
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:46 am

Kruggly wrote:
Kallistia wrote:
Why do we need them,

Why not?
Because they're dumb. xP
The idea of the race in general, I mean.
Aren't these things part of the reason our reputation is so bad?
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Don't let others rule your imagination; if people feel the need to roleplay them, why spoil there fun? It's times like, I'm not going to mention names, but when we've got lesbians running around, cybering everywhere, and circlejerkers exclusive to only cat-people is the problem; THUS. They are to be STRICTLY regulated, no more little cat-folk children, or any 'mary sues'.

If someone can't handle the responsibility, you take care of it. Don't let one; or in this case, many people's stupid, immature, and down right disgusting actions ruin the chances for others.

Perhaps there's people we already know of in the community that can't handle the responsibility, I can name a few. If you feel someone doesn't deserve, or isn't mature enough to handle it, deny them, it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
it's that simple.
'It's that simple' and 'it's as simple as that' have become almost like catchphrases around here.

The fact of the matter is, it's not that simple. If you reject an application or accept an application based on previous experience, you're called out on it, however just the decision may have been.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Quote :
The fact of the matter is, it's not that simple. If you reject an application or accept an application based on previous experience, you're called out on it, however just the decision may have been.

Your point?

Let them call you out, and tell 'em square in their face to kiss your ass. If people are going to bitch about getting their characters denied for just reasons, they don't belong here. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:59 pm

I think of cat people not as a race.
But as people's Fursonas.
No offense.
Just make an agile human, is it that hard?
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:51 am

Zaku350 wrote:
They're going to be -strictly- regulated, nevertheless. We don't need more then TWO on the server at a time, tops.

It gets out of hand.

how does it get out of hand? they're just humans with cat ears and tails.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 am

Because of all the furry haters. (whom can't tell the difference between a neko and a furry.)

I myself am not a liker of this race. Although I'm fine with them being on serv, as long as they aren't acting
like all the other maniacs of characters, I will -not- make or play a character of this race. For two reasons:
I don't want my friends to think I'm a furry (they can't tell the difference between a neko and a furry,
but I don't let that get in the way), and I don't want to play a character of a race that I assume was
ever created in the first place for sexual fantasies. (at least I think that's what the people who originally
came up with the idea for catgirls had in mind for them)
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
Because of all the furry haters. (whom can't tell the difference between a neko and a furry.)

I myself am not a liker of this race. Although I'm fine with them being on serv, as long as they aren't acting
like all the other maniacs of characters, I will -not- make or play a character of this race. For two reasons:
I don't want my friends to think I'm a furry (they can't tell the difference between a neko and a furry,
but I don't let that get in the way), and I don't want to play a character of a race that I assume was
ever created in the first place for sexual fantasies. (at least I think that's what the people who originally
came up with the idea for catgirls had in mind for them)
There is no difference between a "neko" and a furry. They both have cat parts, and they're both made for people's nasty sexual fantasies. Like I said, Just make a human who is agile and charming.
There is really no point to this race, I've never seen why people would want to make them, because mutant cats are "cute"? Because they're too lazy to make up an excuse why their characters act feral? But please, for the sake of mine and other's sanity.
DON'T BRING BACK THESE TERRIBLE THINGS. We don't need them, and the one reason people make them is because of anime-cartoon fetishes, having cat-parts does not help develop a character.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Quote :
They both have cat parts, and they're both made for people's nasty sexual fantasies

If you're basing your argument out of personal bias, then stop talking.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:03 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Quote :
They both have cat parts, and they're both made for people's nasty sexual fantasies

If you're basing your argument out of personal bias, then stop talking.
You just don't want to lose the kittens.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:12 pm

First off; Cat-People and Furry-people are the same shit, they're people with animal parts-- also shove 'Neko' up your ass, because that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Second,

How do they get out of hand-- wait, you wouldn't realize, because you were one of the more recent examples.

They're being strictly regulated, there's people I can list right now, that I'll make sure won't be one, because of past experience-- and I don't care if it's personal bais, some people aren't mature enough to handle them-- nor is the community mature enough to handle a Bath-house, it's all the same. Birth is pain, Life is Pain, Death is Pain, it's all the same-- tick tick tick tick tick tick tock

Now, wait until Pat can move this lore, or whatever he plans on doing-- I'll tell him what I think as far as them being regulated.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Quote :
They're being strictly regulated

There'll be no problem with this in place.

I seriously don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
Jumbo_Grill

Jumbo_Grill

Character sheet
Name: ???
Race:

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Better than Kazuth.

Better than the /MASSIVE/ quantity of Kazuth.
Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
How do they get out of hand-- wait, you wouldn't realize, because you were one of the more recent examples.
oh jesus. what did I do to be an example for something you barely even talk about (talking about whatever I did). I had a cat boy when I first joined olden and kazuth weren't app only.

he died only a few weeks after that, never cybered on him either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New 'Catfolk' Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'Catfolk' Lore   New 'Catfolk' Lore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 'Catfolk' Lore
Page 1 of 1