Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Air Intensity Diagram

Go down 
+3
Kain
Krug
Gambit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Air Intensity Diagram Empty
PostSubject: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:16 pm

-Calneche Veremoth

-This application is for a ten foot in diameter pentagram like diagram that increased downward air intensity. It makes a downward air gust spell to be exact to mimic the effects of gravity on a person. This is not exactly gravity, for that is beyond my character and most likely only reachable by gods, Geo, and Drakeson. To explain it a bit more, Psych and I had a discussion about it. The diagram would be limited to what is affects inside, and only inside the diagram.

This can be learned by incorporating a large wind gust spell, obtainable from books, mages, blah, and a summoning circle that is activated by channeling the magic from the user then maintaining it to the certain intensity. I believe I should have this because it's a great way to ICly train a character, and not just retrogame.

Psyche and Gambit
Spoiler:

Steam ID is around here somewhere.

Pros
-IC training

Cons

-Drain on the user depending on how intense the push of the wind is + the fatigue in the magic activation. And I'm sure with enough training, the intensity can be increased safely without the user being seriously harmed.

-The diagram can be destroyed by walking over it pretty much.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Three simple multiplication tables can be used to modify the spell's intensity.

x2
x5
x10
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:08 am

Very tempting to accept. It does look a bit abusable though.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:36 am

Training method or, alternatively, a trap. Either way, I don't see any problem with it. Make sure you remember to judge effects by aerodynamics, though, not just added weight. Certain shapes that force the wind to have different amounts of pressure in different areas can result in accidental distribution of force. Likely not going to happen with a humanoid, living creature of any type, or most day-to-day objects, but there are those rare scenarios.

Accept.

Note: Also, when considering x5 and x10 levels, remember to factor in reduced blood-oxygen levels, because most of it will be moving away from you unless your mouth is facing the wind, and the faster it goes, the harder it will be to breathe properly. Yeah, just technical stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:27 am

Kain wrote:
Training method or, alternatively, a trap. Either way, I don't see any problem with it. Make sure you remember to judge effects by aerodynamics, though, not just added weight. Certain shapes that force the wind to have different amounts of pressure in different areas can result in accidental distribution of force. Likely not going to happen with a humanoid, living creature of any type, or most day-to-day objects, but there are those rare scenarios.

Accept.

Note: Also, when considering x5 and x10 levels, remember to factor in reduced blood-oxygen levels, because most of it will be moving away from you unless your mouth is facing the wind, and the faster it goes, the harder it will be to breathe properly. Yeah, just technical stuff.

I had actually thought of that, it happened to be edited out in the log. With enough of the wind coming down on you you probably couldn't get a good breath of air.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:00 am

So how would you go around the lack of oxygen?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Phry wrote:
So how would you go around the lack of oxygen?

Your body would eventually actually adapt to it/become more efficient, but that would take a while.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Yes. For example:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:01 pm

I talked to Gambit about this, and can give an accept.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:48 pm

This would be usable by almost anyone who knows Cal and asks to use it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm

I am tossing my approval.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:48 am

Still looking for more input. Unless you want to give me the green light.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:08 am

It's a powerful spell. Possibly Akadi could teach it?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:29 am

Scalene wrote:
It's a powerful spell. Possibly Akadi could teach it?

The spell itself is merely binded by the circle. Akadi could teach it, but the spell is actually simple and weak at first but tuned up after awhile.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:33 pm

I think I'll give this a passing stamp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Intensity Diagram   Air Intensity Diagram Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Intensity Diagram
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Applications :: ACCEPTED-
Jump to: