Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Discharge

Go down 
+6
v4ltt3ri
Phry
B3SERK
Krug
Psycheandromida
Gambit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:47 am

* Character:

Veremoth
* What you are applying said character for.

The "Red Discharge"
* What the applicating abilities can do
The ability is exactly what it sounds like, it's red and a discharge. The main purpose of the ability is to stun/burn a target with a combination of two magics. The first part is electricity, and the second, fire.

Electricity half-
This ability is overall quite basic, but complex in design. The electricity half is equivalent to 50,000 volts, your common police issued taser in strength. This is not amperes, so it does not kill, but makes muscles contract and renders those hit in a temporary, paralyzed state for about 10-30 seconds. With this comes your typical electricity knowledge. Conductive metals on armors and weapons are effected by this by transferring the volts into the user's hands, as common leather gloves provide adequate protection against this, but not immunity. This also goes for armor, which makes it worse because there are multiple contact points where the electricity can keep moving and give you nasty shock. Of course the common Oldener would ask "what about magic metals?"

Now, for the second half of the half. Magic metals are very complex as we all know. Magic metals are superconductors for magic, only allowing the ability to amplify or be reduced depending on its specific traits such as amplifying or absorbing. Metals like Stygian render the shock almost useless, but you'll feel something like a buzz. Dorifium, alive, would completely blow off the arm and most likely just kill Calneche (If there was any alive in Aeria that is). Still, dead Dorifium can severely damage his arm and be a possible death sentence.

Fire Half-
This part is less complex than the last. This ability is based around a quite basic spell tattoo array, instantly making this an on-touch ability for both halves. This shares the common conductivity of the metals, amplifying or diminishing and possibly killing. This is a very handy part of the ability, it makes a intense magical flame that burns/ignites common materials like any fire would in the perimeter of the hand like a fire touch spell would. Casting this while touching a weapon/armor would be almost worthless, possibly burning the target by heat through the metal for the short time of being touched is highly unlikely, but possible. The flame being on touch, if not burning a flammable material will stay in one spot and burn for 7-15 seconds before diminishing.

* Where they are going to learn, or have learned said abilities.
During the quest to kill off the gnolls, which was inevitably canceled due to inactivity and bad timings this ability was planned on being formed through finding the gnoll shaman's collection of scrolls in his private collection.

Quote :
# Condition 3: Kill the Gnoll aggressors and destroy the camp. Bring the head of the Chieftain and Elder Shaman as a proof of your victory.

# Condition 4: Plunder the camp from resources. [OPTIONAL]

There is a quote from the thread - http://aeria.omgforum.net/quests-f84/the-gnoll-camp-t3152.htm .

I was told, we were to continue playing as if the quest was completed, so here I am applying for the ability I had planned on making through the quest, which would of been completed anyhow.

* Your Steam ID.

Unneeded
* Why you think you should have these abilities.
Valuable character development on Calneche's ancestry and useful tool for roleplay profession.

Last edited by Gambit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Talked to Gambit about this. I approve.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:26 am

:O

Well, I trust Psyche- and I do love magic.

Got my accept.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:06 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:17 am

So, will weaving be required to use this? Or will it just be **Raises hand, Pew
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 am

A witcher, being himself a witch?!

However, seems thought-out. So yeah, an accept on my part.

Name is pretty dodgy, however.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 pm

B3SERK wrote:
So, will weaving be required to use this? Or will it just be **Raises hand, Pew

That is already given in the post.

Inside Gambit's post, under the part about fire, which was not read. wrote:
This ability is based around a quite basic spell tattoo array, instantly making this an on-touch ability for both halves.

http://aeria.omgforum.net/information-olden-library-f7/spell-tattoos-t2808.htm

Gambit wrote:
merely a way to instantly use a powerful weaved spell.

As that sounds overpowered, spell tattoos are limited to -by touch- basis and usually have complex abilities that are combined in ways normal spell casting can't achieve. Each one has certain downsides, but the main point is that they are customized by the player in his/her application.

Oh when I said Instant, not really instant. More like 1-4 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:02 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 pm

I want moar comments on this, accepting an application is a group job.
Back to top Go down
v4ltt3ri

v4ltt3ri

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:31 am

Do we newguys have a say in these matters?
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:34 am

I give an accept agian for what its worth
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:05 am

Doesn't matter who you are, your vote counts, as long as it has a good reason.

Anyway, I don't really see anything wrong with this, so acceptionz.
Back to top Go down
v4ltt3ri

v4ltt3ri

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Cool.

I'd like to know if there are any drawbacks besides the magical metal thingy in using this ability. (Such as, does it wear you out? Is there a long time before you can use it again, etc, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:29 pm

v4ltt3ri wrote:
Cool.

I'd like to know if there are any drawbacks besides the magical metal thingy in using this ability. (Such as, does it wear you out? Is there a long time before you can use it again, etc, etc.)

Yeah I believe I explained this to Munroe and Psyche.

The cool down of this is about a minute or two, and any energy drain on Cal has been push to the minimum that a spell tattoo of this magnitude could drain by his intense in the Air Intensity Diagram. As I know it sounds "OLOL OVERPOWERED" cool down, you have to take in the fact that if he gets into a fight, getting close enough to even touch someone would be extremely hard. Especially if they know he has this ability.

Training has not been retrogamed or just OOCly added, I have saved a few logs on it.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Bumb, five accepts
Back to top Go down
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Accept
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:43 am

Accept, and,

I am so fucking sorry, but the title of this thread is just...
It just cracks me up everytime I see a new reply has been posted on 'Red Discharge',
And everytime I read it I can't help it, just freaking funny.
Back to top Go down
v4ltt3ri

v4ltt3ri

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:00 am

Right, accept
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:09 am

Pupet that's fucking disgusting.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:24 am

IM SORRY IT JUST WONT LEAVE MY HEADDDDDDD
im sooooooorrrry
forgive me
/bad thoughts bad thoughts/
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:32 am

Puppy, damn it! Now you got me thinking about "red discharge" too! ;-;

Also, sure. I think Gambit can do well with this ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Discharge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Discharge   Red Discharge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Discharge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Applications :: ACCEPTED-
Jump to: