Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ossus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 am

OOC: This is the old bio, the new one will come about soon.
IC: Before you is an ancient tome, but with new entries in it, elaborating on what Ossus once was.

"I was once called a monster. I simply replied; "Thank you." - Ossus

Ossus 1279062164953

-Appearance-

Height: 5'11''
Hair: None
Beard: None
Eyes: Red eyes, yellow pupils.
Physique: Appears thin
Distinguishing Features: His eyes. People's eyes are usually white, but not his.

-Bio-

Race: Appears human
Birthplace: The Nine Hells
Spoiler:
Personality: Scheming, selfish, manipulative.

Diety: Previously served as a personal underling to Baator.
Alignment: Neutral Evil

-Backstory Blurb-
Archfiends (According to recent lore) are demonic entities so powerful that they need not be minions of neither Bane nor Baator, the tainted brother-gods. On occasion an Archfiend will sign on allegiance with one of the two deities, if only for a short time. Ossus' past is shrouded in folk tales and horror stories, but he once accepted demonic taint, and became an archfiend who served under Baator. For personal goals, Ossus wanted to leave Baator's service and return to Aeria. Unfortunately, Baator did not want one of his best followers to leave his dominion, so Baator did not let Ossus leave without a fight, managing to curse Ossus, further explained below.

-Noteworthy Skills-

Affliction/Fire magic and Demonic powers:
These powers and magical strengths were temporarily sealed away by a curse, so their power is extremely limited as compared to a normal Archfiend by comparison, Ossus appears no more potent than a mere mortal, rather than a nigh-indestructible king of demons. An Archfiend's demonic powers include the disruption of magic, temporary manipulation of gravity and immeasurable strength.
-| | | \ \ \ \ \ \ \ -

Martial weapon use:
Ossus is no champion of swords, probably because Archfiends are much more accustomed to blasting the shit out of everything, and being unmatched in strength during the use of a weapon, but it is obvious that demons like Ossus are no stranger to the use of weaponry.
-| | | | | | \ \ \ \ -

Enchanting, Wondrous item creation/usage:
On the mortal plane of Aeria, Ossus' power is outstandingly restricted, so creating havoc on the mortal plane more-so requires over thinking, and the use of magic artifacts. If you're clever in magic use, activating and imbuing scrolls and magic devices becomes simple, at least, as simple as using physical embodiments of magic can get.
-| | | | | | | | \ \ -

Tactics, Clairvoyance, Mortal studies:
Archfiends live for scheming and finding ways to turn mortals against each other, it's what they do. Although Archfiends are widely regarded as one of he most powerful breed of immortals known, they take joy in toying with others, over thinking and making things elaborate. Where you have a human who commands an army of soldiers and traps a door with arrows, an Archfiend commands an army of closely commanded minions, and traps a door with a pitfall, leading to a chamber that holds a Rancor.
-| | | | | | | | | | -

Combat Information
Threat Assessment: Deadly
Class: General Spellcaster
*In the ninth layer of Baator's domain, Ossus was an immensely powerful Archfiend, cunning and deceitful to the core. Now on the mortal plane, Ossus' raw power of spirit and magic are dwarfed, but he still remains a demon, though and through. Magical apparatus and precautions can make him the untimely doom of -anyone- that is unprepared to face him while Ossus is prepared to face them.

-Noteworthy Inventory-

Armour: Dark-toned plate-mail, enchanted to make very little sound in every circumstance, with the upper body covered by a short red cloak and white mask, enchanted to create an automated, chilled wind-current that is designed to send projectiles, and in some cases, magic off it's course. This air current becomes more powerful if magically activated by the wearer, to the limit of 50 knots (92.6 km / 57.5 mph)

An easily-concealed hand-crossbow fashioned from mithril, commissioned by a certain smith in exchange for an enchanting job. Ossus carries about ten silver bolts on him at a time.

Aggressive Negotiations:

This is a 12 inch dagger, a blade formed of a titanium-silver composite, allowing some lasting damage to magical creatures, with a very, very thin line of navium along the blade, carefully treated so that a wound caused by the blade can cause the effect of a vial of Crippling Spirit.
Spoiler:

Affliction Scrolls:
Scrolls are expensive, even for a demon in a human's body that can scare the gold off of mortals, so Ossus can only afford to keep himself armed with one or two scrolls every couple of days. The specific scrolls Ossus carries are commonly imbued with afflictions spells, ranging from causing sickness, or freezing a victim in place (not literally with ice).

Casting Amulet:
This complex-looking necklace is made from parts of titanium, gold and iron, fitted with gems of lucium and cordonium. Securing a hold on this necklace allows the wearer to better use their spells, less complex weaving required and with some extra effort, a spell's power can be amplified.
Spoiler:

Hate Gem:
This seemingly normal jeweled amulet is fitted with a special gem of cordonium that when activated, temporarily drains the energy of a person, magical and physical, which returns to the victim over the course of a few hours. This enchanted gem is so powerful that it is capable of sucking up even physical articles of magic, like a vacuum.
Spoiler:

These are only some of many items available to Ossus.

Character Tropes

Badass Abnormal
Try to wrap your head around this; Ossus is an Archfiend, one among the nastiest, most selfish and powers demon to ever disgrace the world sphere.

Bad Boss
Ossus will command his minions, and if they do well, he'll consider not stealing their souls.

Card Carrying Villain
Ossus wrecks your shit.

Complete Monster
Well, he's a demon.

Milestones
Ossus Curbstompcombat

Ossus Grandtheftsurge

Last edited by Psycheandromida on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 am

Awesome character, especially since I was partly involved in the creation process.

Just kidding, of course. One thing, though: A bit of research and I found that Archfiends are demons of Bane, not Baator. Baator's Greater Demons are Demon Masters, which are pretty much equals to Archfiends.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:50 am

Quote :
Bad Boss
Ossus will command his minions, and if they do well, he'll consider not stealing their souls.

Perfectly knicked from T'zeetch :p

I'm fine with this character, though i'd like to see what it's list of goals are.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Munroe wrote:
Awesome character, especially since I was partly involved in the creation process.

Just kidding, of course. One thing, though: A bit of research and I found that Archfiends are demons of Bane, not Baator. Baator's Greater Demons are Demon Masters, which are pretty much equals to Archfiends.

That lore was incorrect to begin with (Geowulf lol). Bane does not have any demons, he has Banespawn. Baator is the only diety to command demons, you know, what with being the god of demons.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Pat and I discussed this. If Bane only has Banespawn, then nothing could match Baator's forces, which would now include Archfiends and Demon Masters. It creates a bit of Fridge Logic in the lore: Why hasn't Baator defeated Bane if he has vastly superior units?

Pat's idea was to have Archfiends become their own separate group of demons or powerful Banespawn that turn from their masters to seek godhood and control of the Dreadrealms/Hell.

My own idea was to have Archfiends, and all of Bane's minions, no longer be classified as "Demons" and thus not be in Baator's control. They'd be called "Fiends", a different type of evil creature that exists in the Dreadrealms, and that Bane rules over. They'd often be called Demons for their appearances, and it wouldn't be far from the truth. But technically, they wouldn't be Demons.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Damnit, I can't believe I didn't think of Jack of Blade's mask for Scars. But yeah, awesome character! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Fable character picture es gud.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Theme song didn't fit, so I changed it to Marius' very first themesong.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Good theme indeed.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Changed backstory a bit.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 pm

happy fun time milestones
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:07 am

I might start milestoning my own chars, it's a good idea on moot's part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ossus   Ossus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ossus
Page 1 of 1