Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community Update

Go down 
+6
Phry
Mania
B3SERK
Jackxter
Sharq
Markka
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 am

It's been a week, and we've heard just about nothing from any sort of progress with Eshira. Some of us are growing impatient, anxious and even doubtful if this project will ever see the light of day. Due to these resons aforementioned, I'd like to ask of the progress with Eshira. Anything worth mentioning would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sharq

Sharq

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Well, Jacker was last online 4 days ago so I can only imagine he's on vacation and didn't tell us.

He does this a lot - disappearing without telling us.

But then again, if he's spent time working on the script, the more time he uses to make the script is good.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:17 pm

This, only with less vacation. I've had to spend time on some personal matters lately. The script itself is coming along slowly. I can release a preliminary soon.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Can't wait for this server to start, I really want to rp Sad
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Good to know it's coming along. Glad you didn't leave us completely in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Mania

Mania

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Don't bet your life on it, if you want my input.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm

As long as this doesn't end up like LIF

"The server will be back up in a week at the most"

Two months later

"Okay, we have the script repaired, but we just remembered that we need money, but we wont tell you for another two months"

Two Months later, after several threads asking wtf is taking so long

"Oyea, just remembered we need donations, we don't have any money for the servers"

One Month later

"Oh, the server will be up in a week, we know that you have waited all summer, but even though we have money, there are other problems we won't tell you about"

One month later

"Okay, server is up, thank you all for your patience, now we will finally explain why this shit took us so long after keeping you in the dark for almost half a year."
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:37 am

^ Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 am

B3SERK wrote:

Two months later

"Okay, we have the script repaired, but we just remembered that we need money, but we wont tell you for another two months"

"Oyea, just remembered we need donations, we don't have any money for the servers"

One Month later

"Oh, the server will be up in a week, we know that you have waited all summer, but even though we have money, there are other problems we won't tell you about"

One month later

"Okay, server is up, thank you all for your patience, now we will finally explain why this shit took us so long after keeping you in the dark for almost half a year."

I hold no love for lif but this is clearly a ridiculous overexaggeration. You guys need to be more patient, really. Setting up a community from scratch is hard, and when you consider these guys are fairly new to the community, you have to just sit tight and not make a thread every couple of days when there isn't an update. Sorry if this seemed ranty, but it seems wrong to hussle the eshira guys like this.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:51 am

Phry wrote:
B3SERK wrote:

Two months later

One Month later

One month later

I hold no love for lif but this is clearly a ridiculous overexaggeration. You guys need to be more patient, really. Setting up a community from scratch is hard, and when you consider these guys are fairly new to the community, you have to just sit tight and not make a thread every couple of days when there isn't an update. Sorry if this seemed ranty, but it seems wrong to hussle the eshira guys like this.

what you just did is right here
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:05 am

Phry wrote:
you have to just sit tight and not make a thread every couple of days when there isn't an update

A week. Not two days. Sorry for wanting to know what's up since we haven't heard anything of Eshira.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:41 am

Lol, who was I dick riding? I really don't see who, and while that was a slight over exaggeration time-wise, I might have been a month or two off, that was a fairly accurate representation of the whole summer lif was down.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:07 am

B3SERK wrote:
Lol, who was I dick riding? I really don't see who, and while that was a slight over exaggeration time-wise, I might have been a month or two off, that was a fairly accurate representation of the whole summer lif was down.

Lol, wow, was talking to Phry because that was some serious dick riding

Quote :
You guys need to be more patient, really. Setting up a community from scratch is hard, and when you consider these guys are fairly new to the community, you have to just sit tight and not make a thread every couple of days when there isn't an update. Sorry if this seemed ranty, but it seems wrong to hussle the eshira guys like this.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:39 am

Ohhhh, lol mah bad
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:04 am

yeah, not really, as i'm not involved in eshira whatsoever
Back to top Go down
Olde Rika
I cybered with Geo for this title.
Olde Rika

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Lets not get this off topic.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Yus, the point is, ppl working on it, and CANNOT WAIT, RAWR
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Phry wrote:

Involvement is worth absolutely nothing to what you did, which was dick ride.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Gambit wrote:
Phry wrote:

Involvement is worth absolutely nothing to what you did, which was dick ride.

one dicksucks with the hope to gain something.

i have nothing to gain, as i'm not really interested in eshira rp.

posting threads like this is incredibly patient, and no offence to markka/moot, but they're working hard, maybe, so there's really no point making threads like this.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Well now blatantly saying you dont care about eshira rp is kind of......... meh.
Back to top Go down
Sharq

Sharq

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Jesus holy fuck.

Gambit no one cares.

excellent 2nd page this is.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:45 am

I leave for a week's holiday and look what I come back to.
GUYS. SERIOUSLY?

I would suggest a threadlock, but there still aren't any moderators for this section.
So instead, I'll politely ask you all to stop posting here unless it's REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT. 'Kay?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:52 am

BloodStream wrote:
I leave for a week's holiday and look what I come back to.
GUYS. SERIOUSLY?

I would suggest a threadlock, but there still aren't any moderators for this section.
So instead, I'll politely ask you all to stop posting here unless it's REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT. 'Kay?

Quote :
still aren't any moderators for this section.

oops

Getting on that right now...
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Alright I'm back.

What I have done:

1. The money system, pretty much everything involving it.
2. Races and descriptions. (Big thanks to BloodStream for helping out)

What I need to work on:

1. Bug tweaks.
2. Weapon saving systems
3. Uploading all the shit to the server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Community Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Update   Community Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Update
Page 1 of 1