Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moderator Elections

Go down 
+6
Humbucker
Robert Neville
Talker
Desu!
Icaso
GeoWulf
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Moderator Elections Empty
PostSubject: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 pm

We are looking to fill one final spot for a moderator. There are several choices from you to choose from. Do not go with the majority! Base your vote on who you think will fit the job best.

If you are in the poll, do not vote!

Hyperiant

6:45 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: what do you think of being a Moderator of Olden?
6:45 PM - Hyperiant: Moderator?
6:45 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: Yes
6:50 PM - Hyperiant: I think it'd be neat
6:50 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: what would you do to contribute?
6:50 PM - Hyperiant: I'd pretty much do as I was told
6:51 PM - Hyperiant: Try to help new players get better acquainted with the game
6:51 PM - Hyperiant: Olden's growing pretty quickly, all things considered
6:54 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: how dedicated would you be
6:54 PM - Hyperiant: I can't say I'd be the most dedicated mod on the team
6:55 PM - Hyperiant: But I'd try to do what I'm supposed to do
6:55 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: most the moderator's aren't too dedicated anyway
6:55 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: they're dedicated enough, though
6:55 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: well besides Stephen
6:55 PM - Hyperiant: lol
6:55 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: and from what i've seen you get along with others pretty well
6:55 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: you're relatively amiable, a good person to approach for help
6:55 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: (from experience)
6:55 PM - Hyperiant: Heh
6:55 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: and you're a good roleplayer
6:56 PM - Hyperiant: Would you say you believe I'm qualified for it?
6:56 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: qualified, yes
6:56 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: very much so

Icaso

7:04 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: what do you think of being a moderator of Olden?
7:05 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: Id love that.
7:05 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: what would you do to contribute?
7:05 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: Hm.
7:05 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: Not Quite sure, I'd Probably Go on Daily to make sure no ones fighting when a Admin isnt on.
7:06 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: we really need that
7:06 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: i've noticed there's a lot of fights going on
7:06 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: Ah.
7:06 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: Yeah i think it is starting to get out of hand.
7:06 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: I find that sometimes in the morning i get up and find someone fighting.
7:06 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: :\ not too proud of it
7:06 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: we need to fix it, well
7:07 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: how dedicated would you be? or did you already answer that
7:07 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: I would Probably be Dedicated enough to as i said before. Go on daily to help fights get stopped.
7:08 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: well, that's really good
7:08 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: something we need
7:08 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: um,
7:08 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: from what i've seen you're pretty silly, which makes you great to have around
7:08 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: you've been here since-- maybe even the beginning
7:08 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: i've noticed you always seem to try to fill the blanks
7:08 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: the arch angel, for instance
7:09 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: you're a good roleplayer, from the times i've noticed you
7:09 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: Hm.
7:09 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: you've got pretty good grammar,
7:09 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: sufficient enough to help others, as i've seen you do ocassionally (though i don't pay much attention)
7:10 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: and yet you're still hanging in there as active as ever if not more active
7:10 PM - Xena [GeoWulf]: through the fire and the flames, i guess you could say
7:10 PM - Icaso|Wasp's Science Friend.: Heh.

John Leet

8:04 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: what would you think about being a moderator of OldenRP?
8:04 PM - John Leet: I would love the position like a child..
8:05 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: what would you do to contribute?
8:06 PM - John Leet: I would make sure people don't spam the forums with shit we don't need and help all I can..
8:06 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: how dedicated would/could you be?
8:06 PM - John Leet: I would be dedicated as much as I can..
8:08 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: from what I've seen you're relatively calm
8:08 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: the ocassional joke
8:08 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: though, i don't know much about you
8:08 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: good ideas
8:08 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: always trying to contribute
8:08 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: good at roleplaying
8:09 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: relatively amiable
8:09 PM - John Leet: Heh, thanks.

Orange Apple

8:23 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: how would you feel about being a moderator of OldenRP?
8:24 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: :L
8:24 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: I'd be awesomely happy :3
8:24 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: :3
8:24 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: what would you do to contribute?
8:25 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: Problely donate ASAP, when possible
8:25 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: that's always good
8:25 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: how dedicated would you be?
8:26 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: Do what I normally do( Play when I can)
8:26 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: Be nice to the peoples
8:26 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: :i
8:26 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: mmmh
8:26 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: i see
8:27 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: well
8:28 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: from what I can tell
8:28 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: people like you
8:28 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: you're friendly, have a good sense of humor, -but-, you can be a really serious person when you need to be
8:28 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: i like the way you roleplay, very creative
8:29 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: I read alot, and play lots of roleplay. It problely the best thing im good at thats on the computer
8:29 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: i don't doubt it
8:29 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: and you're pretty fun to talk to
8:29 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: Same thing people say IRL
8:29 PM - Aieva | Madilyn [GeoWulf]: well it's true \
8:29 PM - OA(FeelSick)>échapper!: :P
Back to top Go down
Icaso

Icaso

Character sheet
Name: Icaso
Race: Earth.

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:30 pm

I'd Love to be a Moderator, But i honestly wont Freak out if i loose, I'm happy eather way.

Because i'm part of an Awesome Community
Back to top Go down
Desu!

Desu!

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Orange and Leet, I haven't really seen personally. Icaso, I know has been here since the beginning. Hyper has only been here for a short time.. when it comes down to it, I think people know Icaso better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:26 am

I'm having a really hard time choosing inbetween Icaso and Leet... I seriously haven't voted yet...
Back to top Go down
Talker

Talker

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:24 pm

I don't care if I win or not either. I stay with communitys for years and I never ask for admin or mod ranks ever in my time there, for some odd reason I just like being a normal player most of the time..
Back to top Go down
Robert Neville

Robert Neville

Character sheet
Name: Ruarc
Race: Irish

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:36 pm

I only see four choices, how come it says seven choices :?
Back to top Go down
Talker

Talker

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Robert Neville wrote:
I only see four choices, how come it says seven choices :?

It says several Razz
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Icaso all the way. Like people say where I live: "I'd put my hands in a fire for that"
Back to top Go down
Arc

Character sheet
Name: ----
Race: Male

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Quote :
Icaso all the way. Like people say where I live: "I'd put my hands in a fire for that"
I disagree. No, this isn't about anything in the past, its just I don't feel like he's right at all. The whole thing is, if we let the community as a whole vote, the person with the most "popularity" will win, not the one who's right for it. Seeing as its pointless to actually place a vote up for anyone, since we all know who'll win, I'm just saying what I think. Qualifications are everything, not popularity. Look at Obama... popularity.

Arc has activated his anti-flame shield. Bash away.
Back to top Go down
Icaso

Icaso

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:23 pm

Arc wrote:
Quote :
I disagree. No, this isn't about anything in the past, its just I don't feel like he's right at all. The whole thing is, if we let the community as a whole vote, the person with the most "popularity" will win, not the one who's right for it. Seeing as its pointless to actually place a vote up for anyone, since we all know who'll win, I'm just saying what I think. Qualifications are everything, not popularity. Look at Obama... popularity.

Honestly, You're pritty right. o.o;
Back to top Go down
Talker

Talker

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Icaso wrote:
Arc wrote:
Quote :

Honestly, You're pritty right. o.o;

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Arc wrote:
Quote :

Arc has activated his anti-flame shield. Bash away.

Who said I chose him due to popularity? I chose him because he's the one who tells people to BIC when necessary, (sadly people won't listen and will keep spamming their mics) helps newcomers, has enough experience here, and earned my personal trust. I'm saying what I think as well. So yeah, for me he's qualificated. May not be for you, but for me he is.
Back to top Go down
Arc

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Quote :

Who said I chose him due to popularity? I chose him because he's the one who tells people to BIC when necessary, (sadly people won't listen and will keep spamming their mics) helps newcomers, has enough experience here, and earned my personal trust. I'm saying what I think as well. So yeah, for me he's qualificated. May not be for you, but for me he is.

Then again, sir. Who said I was directly speaking to you? When I used to be an active, I rarely saw him OOC'ing the BIC phrase. (No offense, Icaso.) I can pledge that he was helpful, seeing that near the opening of Olden I befriended and he helped me. But, I'm not saying he doesn't meet the requirements, its just that I think there's better people for the position. Frankly, its my own opinion just as yours is your own, and I'm just stating how I feel.
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Arc wrote:
Quote :

Then again, sir. Who said I was directly speaking to you? When I used to be an active, I rarely saw him OOC'ing the BIC phrase. (No offense, Icaso.) I can pledge that he was helpful, seeing that near the opening of Olden I befriended and he helped me. But, I'm not saying he doesn't meet the requirements, its just that I think there's better people for the position. Frankly, its my own opinion just as yours is your own, and I'm just stating how I feel.

Supposing you quoted me, and said "I disagree", I took as it was to me, logically. Then again, why don't you just suggest someone then?
Back to top Go down
Arc

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Quote :
Supposing you quoted me, and said "I disagree", I took as it was to me, logically. Then again, why don't you just suggest someone then?

It wasn't intended to be directly at you, sorry if I didn't clear that up. The little, "I disagree" was pointed at the community's thoughts. Please, bear with me, I'm trying as hard as I can to not unleash a full rage of thoughts and beliefs into this. If I do, people like you would be -- Oh! Yeah, why don't I suggest someone? I do have one person, but if even so dare to speak of their name I'll probably get another person like you trying to continue this useless and budding "war".

If you'd like me to type this again with more clarity, please say so. I couldn't dream of doing anything besides posting anything but something for you! <3
Back to top Go down
Gordon Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 pm

I don't want to be respected for paying for the server, thats just fucking insulting, Drak is more active then you have been Soviet, and I really think that this whole post was more or less Irrelevant.

- Matt O'Brien

Last edited by TehSoviet on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Icaso

Icaso

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Ookaay. I think maybe we might need to get back to the topic now.
Back to top Go down
Desu!

Desu!

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:26 pm

And were did the sudden burst of flame come from, Soviet..?

If you hadn't noticed, I've been coming on the server lately.. maybe not when you're around, because I prefer when the numbers are lower, but I still go on.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Icaso was one of the first members as well, which makes him fit for the job even more.
Back to top Go down
Gordon Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Icasos interview lacked the goodness of whole grain quality. He just repeated the same thing, "I'll stop fights.".

Is that really the only problem that goes on? Is that really all he is going to do? Hyperions interview was MUCH better.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 pm

I'm not exactly rooting for Icaso.

I've actually voted for Hyperiant, one of the reasons being--that, yes, his interview was good, and, I know him as a leader/co-leader of a (granted, moderately small) RP community that I am a part of. He's also -damn- good at counseling.

I do agree with Soviet's "Flame post" as you put it, though, for some reason. But the insults were a bit unnecessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Arc wrote:
Quote :

It wasn't intended to be directly at you, sorry if I didn't clear that up. The little, "I disagree" was pointed at the community's thoughts. Please, bear with me, I'm trying as hard as I can to not unleash a full rage of thoughts and beliefs into this. If I do, people like you would be -- Oh! Yeah, why don't I suggest someone? I do have one person, but if even so dare to speak of their name I'll probably get another person like you trying to continue this useless and budding "war".

If you'd like me to type this again with more clarity, please say so. I couldn't dream of doing anything besides posting anything but something for you! <3

Well you're right about the popularity thing, I hardly know the other candidates so I vote for Icaso, and I of course wasn't considered because everyone hates me, but I'd still like to say that Icaso does seem up for the job.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Psyche wrote:
Well you're right about the popularity thing, I hardly know the other candidates so I vote for Icaso, and I of course wasn't considered because everyone hates me, but I'd still like to say that Icaso does seem up for the job.

No, not really hate, just annoyed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:40 am

GeoWulf wrote:
Psyche wrote:

No, not really hate, just annoyed.

Sure... let's call it that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:08 am

I myself highly doubt that there's really anyone here has voted only due to popularity. Bear in mind that while picking someone because you don't know any of the others is not a good reason, simple solution of learning more about the others whoever it does not constitute as a vote of popularity as opposed to familiarity and maybe a touch of lazyness. I myself know all the people on said list either fairly well or quite well (as much as you can on steam of course) and in my personal opinion they all have what it takes for the position and when I ask myself the other important questions (dedication, involvement etc) I find they are all on a relitivly on the same level. They have all been with us for a considerable amount of time to the point that I don't even remember the month they joined in and none have ever requested a position in the administraiton (that I know of). I have yet to vote because unlike most elections they all (in my personal opinion) deserve the spot and I must consider which one is that sliver more qualified and or deserving then the rest.

I'm Ruta the Bega, and that was my two Canadian cents.
Moderator Elections 800px-Canada_PennyModerator Elections 800px-Canada_Penny

P.S I'll be making sure any more irrelevant stuff posted on this thread is removed, and seriously, in all honnesty I know none of you would go into vote in elections then run out of the voting booth screaming who you voted for at the top of your lungs. We, like the governments of your respective nations don't really care all that much who it was you voted for, so much as you voted. You wouldn't do it in real life so please don't do it here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Elections   Moderator Elections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moderator Elections
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next