Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Make a Roll Character

Go down 
+6
Fuzzy Wolfy
Rutabega
Munroe
Psycheandromida
Piotr1993
Kain
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

How to Make a Roll Character Empty
PostSubject: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:41 pm

You may want to have Random.org open for rolling.

Name: Make it up.

Race:
Roll 1-10

1: Human
2: Dwarf
3: Gnome
4: Elf
5: Kazuth
6: Aasamir
7: Orc
8: Drow
9: Tiefling
10: Troll
11: Goblin
12: Slitherazaki

Sexuality:
Roll 1-3 (straight-bisexual-gay)

Roll 1-5
If bi, preferences (men-neutral-women)
If gay, or lesbian, decides how open you are of your sexuality. (1 is less open, 5 is more open)

Wealth:
Roll 1-5 (poor-average-wealthy)

Class

Roll 1-3

1: Melee, Roll 1-4 (Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Dark Paladin)
2: Ranged, Roll 1-8 for weapon (Bow, Crossbow, Throwing Knife, Throwing Axe, Throwing Star, Darts, Sling, Slingshot)
3: Support, Roll 1-4 (Mage, Warlock, Priest, Shaman)

Class level
Roll 1-5
(novice-average-master)

Perks
Propose a perk, such as: Can s/he smell fear, or can s/he impose fear on others just by blinking? Get whacky.

Roll 1-2 (yes-no)
1: Roll 1-5 for strength of perk (how much fear does he cause, really?)
2: Suggest a different perk and repeat previous roll.

Does the char have more perks?
Roll 1-2 (Yes, add present perk and do perks section one more time; No, move on to next section)

Disabilities
Roll 1-3 (physical, mental, magical)

Propose a disability under the category you get. Again, get whacky. For example, magical- s/he can't weave a spell without nauseous gas spontaneously warping in around him/herself.

Roll 1-2 (yes-no)
1: Roll 1-5 for strength of disability (how much often does this happen or how strong is it?)
2: Suggest a different disability and repeat previous roll.

Does the char have more disabilities?
Roll 1-2 (Yes, add present disability and do section one more time; No, move on to next section)

Personality Quirks
Propose a perk, such as: The character has a strange obsession with giving things Mohawks.

Roll 1-2 (yes-no)
1: Roll 1-5 for how big of a quirk it is ( Does s/he sneak one on himself from time to time, or will s/he give everything from a poodle to a broom a mohawk?)
2: Suggest a different quirk and repeat previous roll.

Does the char have more quirks?
Roll 1-2 (Yes, add present quirk and do quirks section one more time; No, the character is complete.)

Post results, and if you're cool, make and play the character.

Last edited by Kain on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Elf
Female
Gay
Well-Off
Uses bows adeptly
Every single pore in her body emits a horrible skunky smell.
She has horrible downs syndrome.
Rolls dice to decide her every action, uses it to decide if she should breathe or not or wake up in the morning.

There, this sounds like a really fun character, amirite?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:55 pm

oh god, ROLLS TO BREATH? How does she keep surviving?! She must be lucky.
Back to top Go down
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Tiefling
Male
average
Paladin (2/5)
Perk : Gains power as it consumes alchohol!
Disability: Lazy eye.
Quirks: Enjoys a good knee rub.

What the hell is a Tiefling? O.O
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 pm

oh god, that's a hilarious tiefling. The 2/5 paladin makes perfect sense.

and pio, you didn't roll for sexuality. cheater
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:36 pm

I shall call her CANDICE.

Aasamir
female
bisexual, leans toward women
dirt poor Sad
warlock! Damn good at it! (4/5)
Can weave with any appendage or body part, PERFECTLY (5/5)
She has bottle-phobia, and is pretty sure all bottles in the world are out to get her(4/5), and may crush a bottle just to get its contents.
She keeps a toenail collection in her gold bag because there are so little coins, but she very rarely collects them (1/5)

I'm considering making this character for the lulz.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

This is better. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Drow
Female
Bisexual, leans towards women
Very wealthy (5/5)
Mage, amazing at it, too. (5/5)
Deeply hates spiders (4/5)
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:43 pm

a little disappointing, Psyche. You could have been more creative there, and you skipped on disabilities and perks.
Back to top Go down
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Kain wrote:
oh god, that's a hilarious tiefling. The 2/5 paladin makes perfect sense.

and pio, you didn't roll for sexuality. cheater

The last thing we need is a gay Tiefling!!!
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Dwarf
Female
Bisexual, strongly leaning towards women (4/5)
Upper middle class (3/5 wealth)
Bow-woman level 4/5, very good at it.
Can spontaneously sprout a beard. Great for disguises! (5/5). The beard can be in any style, and extremely full and bushy - mustache included.
Mental disability: Has trouble telling people apart. (5/5). She is utterly incapable of discerning anyone from anyone else.
In combat, will somersault on the ground unnecessarily. (5/5). She almost exclusively does "action rolls" on the ground to move in combat.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Munroe wrote:
Dwarf
Female
Bisexual, strongly leaning towards women (4/5)
Upper middle class (3/5 wealth)
Bow-woman level 4/5, very good at it.
Can spontaneously sprout a beard. Great for disguises! (5/5). The beard can be in any style, and extremely full and bushy - mustache included.
Mental disability: Has trouble telling people apart. (5/5). She is utterly incapable of discerning anyone from anyone else.
In combat, will somersault on the ground unnecessarily. (5/5). She almost exclusively does "action rolls" on the ground to move in combat.

I love this. I demand you make her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Decided to try a different format.

Babz is a bisexual, teenage half-orc. He isn't particularly rich, but he isn't poor either, and lives comfortably enough with the money his uncle left him in his will. He specializes in ranged weaponry, and is most experienced with throwing darts, but as a result of being half-orc, IE: Their lack of dexterity and calculation, he has never been considered a master of the art, or even good at it at all. His skill in baking is comparable to smearing a mound of boar dung and sugar together, he is obviously not to be trusted in the kitchen, -NOT TO BE TRUSTED, DAMN IT!- Babz is also blind in one eye, and walks with around with a pegleg, because he was mauled by a vicious werewolf, which was actually the same werewolf who killed his uncle. His table manners are just awful, so awful in fact, that they should not even be commented on, yeah, they're -THAT BAD.-

Moonly is a bisexual troll who has a higher preference for men then women. His level of wealth is of the lower middle class variety, which is actually surprising for a troll, as most of them seem too dumb and brutish to get actual jobs at all. He is an averagely-skilled practicer of the dark arts, and also knows how to knit, play the cello, and dance! Unfortunately he is only good at playing the cello, and always makes a fool out of himself doing the other two. He has a very bad sense of humor and has low-functioning autism. Sad

<Placeholder>
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:53 am

Thought I'd do another.

Malta
Troll Female ( 10-2 )
Bisexual, leans towards males ( 2/5 )
Average Wealth ( 3/5 )
Average Warrior ( 1-4-3/5 )
**Has the uncanny ability to smell fear, ( 3/5 ) at least in her immediate surroundings.
**Every time she tries to talk to someone, she thinks she has nothing but underwear one. ( 3/5 ) This can happen anywhere from going one on one to casual conversation, but not if the contact is indirect or from far away.
**She also has a fear of underwear, ( 2/5 ) not as much as if it's her own, though she'll thoroughly wash it, but she'll avoid any sort of interaction with other people's underwear when and wherever possible.
**She also has a bad habit of naming her attacks and shouting them in battle, (1/5 ) but she usually only does it for sport, and even then, very rarely.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 am

Only complaint on dice is that the sexuality gives a higher chance of chars being bisexual in one way or another when the majority of creatures tend to be straight. Not hatin' or anything, just going by statistics.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 am

I think it should be more like
1 - 3 (straight, bi, gay)
1 - 3 (if bi: leaning towards men, both, leaning towards women)
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:32 pm

hokay, I'll use Fuzzy's system, and throw in a bit'o my own.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Why not just leave Bisexual at Bisexual, full stop.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Why not just leave Bisexual at Bisexual, full stop.

Mm.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Because biases, preferences and mannerisms can still heavily impact a character, even if it's just a scale of sexual preferences.

If you rolled gay, the difference between a 1 and 5 on the gayness roll is very big- 1 isn't even closet gay, 1 is like "Am I gay? I might be gay. Uh......" and 5 is flauntingly "HARD GAY"
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:12 am

Kain wrote:
Because biases, preferences and mannerisms can still heavily impact a character, even if it's just a scale of sexual preferences.

If you rolled gay, the difference between a 1 and 5 on the gayness roll is very big- 1 isn't even closet gay, 1 is like "Am I gay? I might be gay. Uh......" and 5 is flauntingly "HARD GAY"

What did I just see?
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:40 am

Kain wrote:

I fixed your link, it wasn't working right.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:47 am

Oh, thanks Ruta.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:25 am

themodtester wrote:
Kain wrote:

What did I just see?

What you just saw was a picture from an image japanese tv series called Hardo Gay.

i fucking hate that i know that.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:40 am

Phry wrote:
themodtester wrote:
Kain wrote:

What did I just see?

What you just saw was a picture from an image japanese tv series called Hardo Gay.

i fucking hate that i know that.

..I just.. How do you.. *Commits suicide*
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:52 pm

I fucking love Japanese Television ;D
'Specially the game shows :>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Make a Roll Character   How to Make a Roll Character Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Roll Character
Page 1 of 1