Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård

Go down 
+5
themodtester
Graley
Phry
Zaku350
Jack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Empty
PostSubject: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Aff0e97d

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård 748f4aa0

Character's Full Name
Karl Hjalmar Skorgård

Race
Vampire

Aliases
'Shade', 'Prowler'

Explanation
Karl keeps his visits shrouded in secrecy, letting his contacts know before-hand whether he is meeting them or not. His time is spent in shady corners, and thus has gained the name Shade to those who frequently converse with him. Though he does not care about names, he keeps it as a secret alias in case of meeting any other Vampires in the area. He wishes to keep his status as a Vampire unknown to those who do not know it already. He keeps himself fed, and therefore almost never falls into the hunger, and his identity is kept secret. It is questionable if he is even a Vampire or not, by the look of him.

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård 89a1f31a

How old does he appear
Karl appears to be thirty-four years of age. His constant feeding allows him to keep a completely stealthed form when needed, and a contorted form when the situation calls for fear tactics. His hair is a fair blonde, but there are telltale gray strands close to his scalp when he is not feeding. His eyes are a steely blue, and are cold and piercing, much akin to his soul and his unholy countenance. Though keeping a healthy skin tone, a flushed face is not one Karl keeps often. He finds the appearance befitting of someone else, and not himself.

Eye Color
Karl's eyes are a extremely cold blue, and are capable of fixing a cold gaze upon anyone getting too nosey in his business. They show experience from long years of being tainted by the Vampirism. Capable of reading commoners like an educated man to a study of books, it is not uncommon to see the eyes closely studying someone for minutes on end. Such behaviour is suspicious and frowned upon, however.

Hair Color
His hair is a short, fair blonde of northern origin. It befits his skin tone, and his eye colour, and betrays the look of a very foreign man. This is only recognizable though, when compared with his facial structure, which is more defined and bony. Otherwise, the hair looks trimmed, and well tended to, as the hair of such a man should.

Height
Karl stands quite tall at 6'4, a large man of prominent stature, or so it would seem, by the way he holds himself in front of lesser presences. Whilst wearing a cloak, however, he hunches his body to stop the betrayal of his real figure.

Images
Spoiler:

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård A0e585f8

Place of Origin
Karl was a man living in Talibar, on the border to Occitan to the north-east.

Childhood
His family made their life in wheat and cotton, and dreamed of living a lifestyle befitting to that of their declining nobility. Karl's father, a retired veteran of the Talibarian Army, kept his head held high and his family close. Monitoring his lands, he kept out invading parties and wild animals from his house and away from his family. When he was old enough, Karl was given his first training in fighting and sent out to combat the smaller conflicts on the land, between the peasants. He returned every night, to the palisades, to sleep and visit his future wife, now mature enough to converse with in an intelligent conversation. They talked for hours on end, eventually sitting on the grass and staring up at the stars, attempting to read them with childish awe painted to their faces. Time and time again, Karl came back to talk to her, and they grew closer and closer by the months. They sat together at the tables in the halls, and they taught each other a good few things, in their time together. Eventually the time came, when his father called upon him to learn the ways of running the area, but Karl wished otherwise. He wanted to be back with his love, sitting amongst the hay, and glancing up at the stars endlessly. Sadly, it was the way of life for him and he was forced for a few months to take command of the north fields in the land, but he was incompetent. He couldn't function properly, struck dumb by months of care from his overprotective mother, and the soft childhood he had. The time came when his father started to become resentful, and decided to try and send him away, away from his love and his home, to survive in the wilderness. Of course, Karl protested, having to be dragged away on horseback. The last things he heard as he left were the screams of his promised love as she was dragged out of the household and beaten mercilessly, for affiliation to Karl. He closed his eyes, shutting out the tears of sorrow. Dumping him out in the deep forest, the guards left promptly, taking all but the clothes on his back and a small sword to defend himself with. He vowed to return for his love, with the strength of a-thousand ferocious wolves. The time never came, and the young Skorgård was forced to live off the land. He founded his own house inside a blackened temple ruin, nearby to his home, where he could in hindsight sneak in to see his love. The first night he slept silently, unawoken by those watching from the dark. The second night, however; He woke up with a burning rage, his eyes red with bloodlust. He ran towards the only place he remembered, towards his own home, and his family. Bursting through the doors, he ripped through his father's throat with a red mist of vengeance, drinking deep gulps of his blood. He was no longer the young Hjalmar, he realised, as he turned on his frightened mother, and her newborn, as she backed up against the shack, screaming shrill cries of terror at her former son, before being silenced by a mad flash of slashes.

The Bloodlust
Turning finally to the first love of his life, he blinked with savage hunger in his eyes, a sickening mouthful of blood still being swallowed inside his mouth. The look on her face was not one of terror, but of silent acceptance of her death. Her bruised face glanced out from the dark at the slowly advancing Karl, blinking away tears in an instant. She remained silent until the first bite, to the throat. Her last noises were those of croaking gasps for air, and her hands reached high towards the ceiling, before seizing up in a tangled mass of bones. As the palisade and household of the family lay silent, Karl left into the night, as noisy as he had came.

Wanderlust and Adjustment
The next few years were history for Karl, the defining moment of his life. Coming into realisation that his powers were stronger than that of his old form, he took to a life of robbing, killing, stealing and other generally frowned upon activities, making himself a prominent but young figure in the Vampiric society. He was slowly gaining infamy within the mercenary society, and brought himself to a seat of power in the Talibarian Court, as a small-time tax collector, and an on-the-side exotic narcotics dealer, hiding his vampiric origins to all but his inner circle of politicians. Taking care of all the other promising Vampires in the area, he made himself the prominent 'sheriff' of the area, watching over all activities conducted by the Vampires, for he wished to keep their existance in the council a secret. Over the time, he managed his position, always making sure to cover his tracks until he could fool anyone doubting how long he had held his position. He always returned however, to his original seat of power in the Court, a prominent figure in the undercities. This routine was his usual, for another five-hundred years, until he had accumulated enough money on the side to found himself a completely new piece of land on which to live on. He built a manor anew, and brought together a large council of vampires, young and old. They conversed, and decided to form a large organization of criminals, hell-bent on the protection of Vampires everywhere to the point of total fanatacism. Karl, however, had his own plans for the organization. He accused the local governor of anti-vampire crimes, and lead the mob of angry Vampires against his household guard. Seizing control of the local government, he placed a friendly Vampire figurehead in power, to oversee operations in the area. An unexpected arrival came, however. She arrived late at night, moving silently through the defences of the manor, reached Karl's room. Her scent was unmistakable, and as she entered through the door, Karl felt an alarm in the form of a shiver shatter down his spine. It was his sire. All those years ago, the one who had started his curse, and had caused him to murder all those dear to him. Through manipulation, she convinced him to surrender all control of the organization, and the manor to her. He willingly did so, and disappeared away from the area, spending another one-hundred years in exile, away from civilization. Emerging somewhere north, in Occitan, he followed the actions of a young vampire-hunter, resisting The Hunger for weeks on end just to catch up with him. Eventually he caught him out, deep in the Tiefwald, and murdered him, drinking his blood and dumping the lifeless body in a ditch to be ravaged again and again by the wildlife.

Karl was ready to start anew, and travelled south, inland to Talibar. He wandered aimlessly until he caught the sight of a young woman, travelling alongside a pack of hardened mercenaries. She was a complete match to the woman he once knew, and murdered. Her hair fell to the right angle, and her eyes were as grey as his old lover's. Watching her from the darkness of the outer-camp, he watched her dance in a wind of blades around the challenger. A long fight ensued, and she emerged victorious, seemingly claiming a gold-trimmed armour from a locked strongbox. He realised at this time, that she was a warrior of his stature, and of spitting image to his late lover. He made a vow that she would live with him, the way his old lover never could, before she was murdered at the hands of a hungry and murderous vampire. He followed her for a further five years, keeping a close watch over her to ensure no harm came, but the time never emerged that he had to intervene in any fight, for she was a skilled fighter, and never fell once. She met few men, and from what he could gather, met with her brother once in a while. He trimmed his hair, and began his journey into the town.

Goals
Spoiler:

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård 6ab76056

Greatest Strength
Karl is able to use his agility to get out of tight situations, and he is able to navigate a room with extreme grace, finding escape routes as easy as using a map in a forest. He is able to dodge with expertise amounting to alf of that of the most young and inexperienced Blessed Vampire. He has done this through extreme training, and pushing his body to the limits of it's endurance, waiting for the moment in which he needs to use it.

Greatest Weakness
Karl's weakness to Silver is apparent to other Vampires, and it weakens him to the point of total immobility, but he makes up for this by making sure his agility is enough to carry him away from such deadly weapons of terror.

Character's soft spot
Karl has a natural soft spot for Karen Eytinge; Who shares a common look-a-like appearance to his late lover. He is more likely to stop a fight on her command, than he is to for someone else's command. For some reason, he cannot bring himself to drink her blood, much alike to when The Hunger takes over, and the Vampire is faced with another Vampire.

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård 2fdba6b5

Personality

Karl wears a holier-than-thou attitude, and it fits him like a glove. He feels the Vampire race are much more than inequal towards the Human race. He feels they are extremely more useful and trustworthy than any other Human to live, and sympathises with them to the point of friendship. He considers most Humans a waste of time, but he has had more than a few intriguing conversations with them over the years he has amassed under his name. He is more likely to help a Vampire than a Human, and keeps a business attitude to new conversations he meets.

Skills

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård C15fecf1

Karl's agility is unrivalled in most aspects and when it boils down to close quarters combat, he is more competent than any other Vampire against a Blessed. His agility allows him to beat even the most swiftest of Elven assassins, and he is nigh impossible to hit with a greatsword, or any other slow moving weapon. He can be hit with conventional weaponry, and magic of course. Nobody is above the laws of physics.

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård 3768200c

Karl's resistance to The Hunger is average for a vampire, but when driven towards it, he can go a week without feeding. This is not common however, as Karl keeps a human-like appearance wherever he goes, to conceal his real identity. He makes sure there are no traces of red in his eyes wherever they may look.

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård A9a5f538

Karl's resistance to Silver is weaker than most, and it shows when confronted with such weaponry. He is able to hold his own against a silver-wielding enemy, but it cuts wounds deep enough to bleed him out. He can be made immobile should enough silver penetrate his skin, and this is a great danger towards him and his operations.

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård 78024115

Karl has been taught siring by his previous sire, before he left. He was instructed on the exact procedures, and therefore has a good chance of performing a successful siring. It is one of his expert skills, alongside his agility.

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård 2afff328

Karl has developed toned muscles over the years, enough to rival a grown man in unarmed combat. He can't throw a well aimed punch, and prefers to use his teeth and claws to fight, instead of brute force. This, combined with his agility, makes him a forbidable opponent when in a fight. His organized style of fighting is enough to whittle down an opponent to the point of breaking, and then weak and ready for the killing blow.

Items

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jack on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:08 pm

This is an amazing profile, I am jealous beyond belief. A work of art.

This has my approval, without a doubt - It's a nice character, in-depth, really puts out the character for you. And it's surely not overpowered, and Jack is more then capable of playing a vampire - He has in the past, and never ceases to provide fair and enjoyable RP for those involved.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Eric.

Yes please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Holy crud, it's like I just entered a castle of fanciness. I rate 10/10, has my approval.
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:58 am

Why is he named shoesgarden? Anyway, I support this.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:21 am

I-I-Insta approval. It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 am

NO.

I'M NOT APPROVING THIS...

...UNTIL I FINISH READING IT.

It's so big. ;-; I'll finish tonight, gotta gooooo, but it does look very good.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 am

Kain wrote:
NO.

Wow. That's terrible.

See this? This wouldn't happen if Krug was voted in. Not at all.

This page is real pretty, and I trust Jacque with it. I think I'll give it my approval.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:22 pm

You're durned lucky this isn't my thread, Krug.

Also, finally read through it all, and it's acceptable.

Approval across the board = Approved and Moved.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Kain wrote:
NO.

Wow. That's terrible.

See this? This wouldn't happen if Krug was voted in. Not at all.

You act like reading it the whole way before approving is a bad thing. If anything, it's ideal. Mindless approvals will be the bane of this community, MARK MY WORDS.
vote krug
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 pm

more vampires.

phry do your god damn job and buy a wooden stake.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Marilyn wrote:
You act like reading it the whole way before approving is a bad thing. If anything, it's ideal. Mindless approvals will be the bane of this community, MARK MY WORDS.

Ideally I tried to point out his, "god this is big I'll read it later" kind of attitude.

It was campaign material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karl Hjalmar Skorgård   Karl Hjalmar Skorgård Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karl Hjalmar Skorgård
Page 1 of 1