Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skybound Roleplay

Go down 
+9
thorogoodd
Psycheandromida
Krug
Blitz
Kain
Kali
Phry
Rutabega
Jackxter
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:08 am

Basically, I'm planning on getting a new server this December to do an awesome idea a few dudes and I came up with the other day. It will be set in an alternate universe where steam is the primary source of power. Thus, all things Steampunk go: Giant zeppelins fill the skies instead of planes; armed to the teeth with 18th century cannons, steam powered robots walk amongst men, and Victorian era clothing is in trend with top hats and monocles leading the way. The most wildest dreams of the early scientists of our own universe are a reality in this: there are Martians who are bringing water from Mars' poles to their cities and the city of Atlantis was as real as your FACE.

Unfortunately, shenanigans are afoot in this world. Many factories have absolutely fucking horrible working conditions. Many die by the dozen. Huge agricultural giants are running the farmers out of business.... This looks like a job for COMMUNISM. Not just in Russia, but everywhere. Before our roleplay begins the workers of the world have taken up arms against their capitalist or imperial oppressors. Soon most of the major cities of the world are completely overwhelmed. The military puts up a decent fight but is powerless to stop them. In New York City, the largest Zeppelin ever created is captured by the elitist of the elite. It's armed to the teeth with as many cannons as possible and is over a half a kilometer long. They get as many loyal (high payed) workers and middlemen aboard the ship and soon disembark from the very top of the Empire State Building. Very few military made it on board. Since food can be grown aboard the ship and steam power is mainly generated by windmills and coal, the ship only needs to stop to make occasional coal raids. Confident in the superiority of capitalism, the top hats feel they only need to ride out the storm before asserting control once again.

This will be the best god damned roleplay and you will be SHREDDED INTO A MILLION PIECES BY THIS MAN IF YOU DISAGREE. Fuck Eshira.

Skybound Roleplay  Steampunk-Lincoln-steampunk-1038417_600_750

Last edited by Jackxter on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:56 am

What map is it based on?
Back to top Go down

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:08 am

...What the fuck. ._.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:29 am

Is it just me or does this RP change more often than a black man's mobile phone is mistaken for a gun.

Though i agreed with this part:

Quote :
Fuck Eshira.

In a less hostile manner, though.

Last edited by Phry on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:30 am

I like the idea of this, sounds fun. I honestly would have offered to help you by making a map and/or custom skins and stuff

except for the shit you pulled last night leaves that out of the question
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:34 am

Capitalism? Communism? Whoa, what the fuck, HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

WHO FORGOT ABOUT FASCISM AND- EXCUSE ME- THE NAZIS?!

Skybound Roleplay  Nazi-super-science

Fascism wrecks your shit.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:13 am

why can't we just do regular WW2 RP.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:54 am

Blitz wrote:
why can't we just do regular WW2 RP.

BECAUSE STEAMPUNK TANKS ROLL THE FUCK OVER YOUR GOD DAMNED SHERMANS.

Skybound Roleplay  FMBZ048_SHERMAN_TANK_actual2

wtf get that the fuck out of here.

Skybound Roleplay  QhxlPciYDcmxo0htKyxY63Nz_500

Steampunk tank rolls your shit over.

In all seriousness, I don't really want to do World War 2 roleplay. Isn't there already a few already?

Rutabega wrote:
What map is it based on?

An old friend who really likes the idea has volunteered to make a map for us.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:51 am

I take pride in my Olden, cause it's actually happened.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:38 am

Phry wrote:
Is it just me or does this RP change more often than a black man's mobile phone is mistaken for a gun.

Oh boy do I have a story for you.

Kain wrote:
Capitalism? Communism? Whoa, what the fuck, HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

WHO FORGOT ABOUT FASCISM AND- EXCUSE ME- THE NAZIS?!

At last, my suspicions are true. I'm not the only fan of the Wolfenstein series.

Also back in the Victorian era, Canada were still a bunch of colonies to England, and the colonists were going "Bloohoohoo we want to be an independent nation like the U.S.", England was going "Deal with it nerd" and the U.S. was butthurt with England so their logic was for whatever reason, to attack Canada and not England. Canada back then would still have a lot of natives like the Metis. Does this roleplay imply there will be steampunk Metis?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 am

Some more details:

• We'll be using a modified Lemonadescript. No Hungermod or anything but stamina will be included. May add features such as player perks but that is unknown for now.
  • Guns and Swords are used about equally in this universe. Guns will be similar to those used during the American civil war. The most rare and valuable firearms may be more World War 1ish. Bow based weaponry hasn't been used as much in recent years but is still quite popular.
  • Prop planes aren't seen much in this universe. They are a relatively new invention and very unreliable.
  • Most Nations of the world have fallen to communism. Keep in mind that the people behind the revolution aren't backed by a Soviet tank rush, they are mainly ordinary folks.
  • The airship uses windmills to create kinetic energy to create heat to create steam which powers it. It uses coal as a backup and complementary source of power as well. The ship could not function without both sources of power.
  • The space on the airship is quite vast. It's over a half a mile long and a quarter mile wide. Ten large balloons are used to create lift. There are numerous quarters, shops, and workspaces aboard the ship as well as a large outdoor forest located on its top deck. It's complete with a water distillery and large areas of indoor/outdoor gardens for a constant supply of food.

Quote :
Also back in the Victorian era, Canada were still a bunch of colonies to England, and the colonists were going "Bloohoohoo we want to be an independent nation like the U.S.", England was going "Deal with it nerd" and the U.S. was butthurt with England so their logic was for whatever reason, to attack Canada and not England. Canada back then would still have a lot of natives like the Metis. Does this roleplay imply there will be steampunk Metis?

Perhaps. Because this is an entirely different universe many things can be different then our own. Canada may have never been colonized successfully in this universe, for instance. Perhaps the Native Americans in this universe were able to advance more rapidly then in our own and drove some of the settlers out.

Last edited by Jackxter on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 am

Jackxter wrote:
Canada may have never been colonized successfully in this universe, for instance. Perhaps the Native Americans in this universe were able to advance more rapidly then in our own and drove some of the settlers out.

I cried a little inside.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 pm

I worked hard on my Eshira race.

But anyway, I wouldn't play.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Gambit wrote:
I worked hard on my Eshira race.

But anyway, I wouldn't play.

I concur for both my races and the fact that I wouldn't play.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm sorry about your Eshira races, I didn't mean to squelch anyones work. The fact is though though that a very similar roleplay may be starting up in the other server to Eshira. I thought having two roleplays with such similar themes be overly redundant.

If it helps, you will be able to transfer your races from Eshira over to this other roleplay I'm talking pretty easily about for reasons you will soon find out.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:29 pm

/forum mod pre-flame intervention

No flame war, please. If this escalates into any form of flaming, I'll be locking the thread.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:35 pm

itt;
Skybound Roleplay  Heyeshira

but whatever.

space RP needs to absorb Eshira.

when two worlds that are really not that different at all colliiiiddeee

Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Well I don't want this thread lock so I went ahead and cleaned it up. Keeping Blitz's post because I can't stop laughing every time I look at it.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:03 pm

not even I suck that much in running communities.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:25 pm

We have Olden, we have Eshira, and we have Space Roleplay. Is it necessary to come up with another RP?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Aeria, you mean.

The community is called Olden, the RP is called Aeria.

And yeah, jaxter just removed Eshira.

Not reading this thread very well, are you lawn jesus?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Threw Eshira away to replace it with a god forsaken pile of shit (no offence) that you're going to scrap anyway.

y
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Still no
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Krug

Krug

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:41 pm

PS: Vote Krug and I'll make sure Eshira becomes and stays a reality.

Yes that's serious. Get down to your local polling stations!
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:42 pm

god damnit

i'm already making eshira happen. i'll make the poll on what i needed to know from you guys now since you're all incapable of replying to me in a thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skybound Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skybound Roleplay    Skybound Roleplay  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skybound Roleplay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next