Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

William Warthrop

Go down 
+4
Reanimated
Munroe
Krug
Xeloras
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 pm

William Warthrop 1302721007968

Name: William Warthrop

Physically: 37

Race: Human

Birthplace: Exemplar

Appearance

William's form varies but is normally seen as a man with short auburn hair and light clothing. he would wear thin glasses and have a content look on his face. He would wear thin gloves and wear a large canteen against his waist.

Background

William was raised by an incredibly wealthy family in Exemplar, unfortunately, it was a great trouble to them to have a child. Since William was their first success they held him close and protected him as much as they could. He wasn't permitted outside and was taught by some of the finest instructors in the city. When William was seven, he drank a transmugagen potion that his father had been keeping so he would be able to trick an enemy of his into making a bad business deal. Unfortunately the potion met William's lips instead. William suffered a terrible side effect as his father reached his study and saw what had happened. When William began to change back, his intestines were left mangled by the transformation, his still developing sacred field was altered as well, making healing magic useless. The only way he could stay alive, was to keep drinking transmutagen.

Being their only child, the Warthrops made him their main priority while also trying to have another child. They hired an alchemist to keep William alive while praying to Lathander that their attempts at a new child would be successful. They bribed local barbers to save the hair of children after sweeping it to give William new possible bodies. While saving his life, the Alchemist that they had hired had little better to do than teach William when not brewing, William started progressing as an alchemist at age eight. His abilities being that of an amateur's level. At age ten, William while still being a novice, learned the method of making transmutagen, this was also the year when Mr. and Ms. Warthrops' prayers were answered.

The coming of the new child was a curse to William and a blessing to his parents. After having a healthy child they fired the Alchemist, much to his opposition and took much less care of William. Will knew he couldn't survive like this much longer, not having the materials to make the potion indefinitely. So he fled, William ran from home into the mountains, hitchhiking and walking, looking for a place where he could survive and grow the plants needed to make his life-saving potion. When continuing to walk through the mountains, William collapsed in exhaustion.

He was found later that day by a family that inhabited that area, the mother was a botanist and the father was a very skilled alchemist. They also had a son about Will's age, after hearing his story, the family agreed to keep him and teach him. Will focused not so much on the plants, but on the alchemy, becoming very skilled as he aged. While the child of the family became a great botanist. As he aged, William continued to train and train, memorizing formulas and ingredients as well as the methods of preparation. When his teacher was on his death bed, he offered Will the greatest treasure he could ask for, it was hair. There was hair from the day since Will met the family to the day that they now stood, the Teacher trimming his own so that Will would have a supply for later in his life. With his teacher's death, Will left; he trained outside, constantly honing his skills while his friend became one of the biggest suppliers to alchemists in the area.

Will now travels, trying to find a way to make a permanent transmutagen that will cure his ailment, trading along the way. His most recent leads have taken him to Surna, where he believes a fungus grows in its mines that could be just the ingredient he's looking for.

Abilities

Alchemy:
Expert

Spoiler:

General Magics
{ | | | | | | | | | | }

Magical Resistance

Spoiler:

Inventory

Plants
William carries the plants he needs for Novice potions and Transmutagen, everything else he needs to mail out for.

Communications scroll
A scroll that allows William to contact his friend for ingredients, they usually take a week to arrive and cost him 100+(10*x) X being the level of alchemy it would take to brew the potion.

Equipment case
A case that William carries with him, it holds various tools and bottles for brewing.
Spoiler:

925 gold on person
700 gold in storage

Personality and Morals

Only a few months in Surna have turned Will bitter, he hates the general population and loathes what he believes to be the ignorance of everyone on the concept of alchemy. Will is arrogant and conceded, believing he is one of the greatest alchemists out there, and setting goals for himself fitting that delusion. Will's ambitious, always reaching for things that are considered beyond human grasp. After setting one goal aside, a hundred more being left in is place, wanting to advance more and more in alchemy, making it more of an art, to redefine the ceiling of it, and take it places it's never gone.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Tasks

Gain access to Surna's mines to find the Thes' Pung: Failed
I had Ossus do it for me.

Save a cavern from mining so the Thes' Pung can grow uninterrupted: Completed.

Brew permanent transmutagen: Finished
Most difficult thing I've had to do this week.

Trade and make mirth: Eternal.

Seek revenge on Ossus for tricking him: Yet to be achieved

Experiment with Thes' Pung : Eternal.

Experiment more with the concept of "Human Alchemy": Eternal.

Trade count

Eleven Potions Sold

Last edited by Xeloras on Sat May 21, 2011 11:46 am; edited 32 times in total
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Personally not seeing much out of place here.

Community feedback go.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Accepted. Well-balanced, and an interesting backstory to boot.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:27 pm

I kinda like this, and let me just say that case is epic, idk why but i want it...but other then that i think hes cool, i mean you do so well with your walking orchestra guy so ill throw you a bone and give you a

Accept
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:05 pm

An interesting idea for an alchemist character. I don't believe there are too many alchemists around, so I'll accept this.

Also, I'm going to be a ninja and remind you of this before anyone else can, just in case. :3
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Markka wrote:
An interesting idea for an alchemist character. I don't believe there are too many alchemists around, so I'll accept this.

Raxz needs some competition, despite his currently limited skill level. I accept.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.
Back to top Go down

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:27 am

Xeloras wrote:
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.
I'm going to give you NEGATIVE FEEDBACK just because you said that.

No, actually I'm going to accept this.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 pm

The character picture was pretty interesting.

Aksept!!11
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Updated the inventory after some mildly frightening RP events.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm

Big update on inventory and tasks. Also, I finally made a good profit.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Meh, update on funds and tasks, big whoop-de-doo.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:29 pm

A breakable potion vial?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:36 pm

B3SERK wrote:
A breakable potion vial?

Not yet, but then again, probably never will.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Added one to Alchemy, seeing as he's been doing a lot of it as of late, and since he's made a few breakthroughs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

William Warthrop Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Warthrop   William Warthrop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

William Warthrop
Page 1 of 1