Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

......Time.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:19 am

12:16 AM - Berry [GeoWulf]: We are going to establish a timeframe.
12:16 AM - Rutabega: timeframe=timeline I take it >_>
12:16 AM - Berry [GeoWulf]: Yes.
12:16 AM - Berry [GeoWulf]: Which means we have actual years and months.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:36 am

Ah time, most abundant of resources but often in least supply...

Gonna be needing timelines for every kingdom/race and possibly biography on important names and it must all totally fit near seamlessly, a big task to be sure. I myself suggest we put up a section/thread asking who would be interested to participate in helping and assign sections to be written by certain people of our pick. We'd have to lay down some key events that must be put in and everyone involved would have to collaberate (sp) to make sure all this stuff makes any bloody sense.

EDIT: That or some sort of Olden wiki...I dunno
Back to top Go down
Desu!

Desu!

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:59 am

I actually started work on an Olden Wiki.. sort of fell out of it.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 am

Yes, this looks a like a difficult job, but we should have it.
Back to top Go down
Desu!

Desu!

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:37 pm

First things first though... whats even our CURRENT date?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:43 pm

I say we start from the beggining, building up, giving dates and lengths that make sense, so we aren't confined to a certain timeset; AKA, year 3040, but say a few events can't fit into it; This way we set the date when we're done
Back to top Go down
Robert Neville

Robert Neville

Character sheet
Name: Ruarc
Race: Irish

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:33 pm

I think the problem with those though is that then characters would age and actually die...:0
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Robert Neville wrote:
I think the problem with those though is that then characters would age and actually die...:0

But it'd take a LOOONG time for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:34 am

Alright, so for a time prefix (like AD and BC) we use FE. FE stands for Fictional Eon (or Era). What do you think? Or, OE, Oldenland Eon (or Era) even?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 6:38 am

Quote :
The recorded history of the known world is split into ages, each a distinct and fascinating period of its own.

Days of Thunder
The Days Of Thunder. This is the time of the fabled creator races, or Iqua-Tel’Quessir in the elven tongue, when many gods came to the consciousness of mortals, and many races still hid in caves. No mention can be found of elves, dwarves, and other races during most of this time. Still, their absence on ancient cave paintings is hardly sufficient evidence to say that they did not exist on Oldenland at this time.
Timeline : -35000 OE to -30000 OE
Dawn Age
Timeline : -30000 OE to -24000 OE
First Flowering
Timeline : -24000 OE to -12000 OE
Crown Wars
The Crown Wars were a series of elven wars spanning a period of 3,000 years. The great elven civilizations participated in five primary conflicts, leading to the decline of elven power in Oldenland.
Timeline : -12000 OE to -9000 OE
The Founding Time
The Founding Time or Age of the Proud Peoples was the period just after the end of the Crown Wars, when the Elves and the Dwarves dominated Oldenland. During this time the humanoid races begin their expansionist efforts. Elves, dwarves and the first human tribes founded several realms such as Evereska, High Shanatar and Imaskar. A lot of major conflicts occur during this time as well including The Spider Wars and the Era of Skyfire. It is generally percieved to have lasted about six thousand years from -9000 OE to -3000 OE.
Timeline : -9000 OE to -3000 OE
Age of Humanity
The Age of the Humanity is the period from about -3000 OE to the modern era in Oldenland.
Timeline : -3000 OE to 1358 OE
Era of Upheaval
The Era of Upheaval is the name given, in 1479 OE, to the time from the the Avatar Crisis through the time of the Spellplague, the merging of Abeir and Toril until present day.
Timeline : 1358 OE to present(we'll have to figure this one out)

Kinda took this from http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:History/Ages here, but, it sounds like a good base...

We should edit it a bit, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

......Time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ......Time.   ......Time. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

......Time.
Page 1 of 1