Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ulranna Moi

Go down 
+5
BloodStream
Krug
B3SERK
cptkickercutleg
Blitz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Spoiler:
Credits to Markka for the edited pupils and eyes.

"There's always an alternative solution."

Name:
Ulranna Moi

Race:
Ukean

Origin:
Ukoa

Biography:
Ulranna Moi was born into a military family, one of pride and honor for their service. Ofcourse Ukeans promote peace, someone has to man the defensive platform guns and fly the ships. Growing up, she was an exceptionally resourceful girl, even for her species. Her hunger to learn pushed her towards advanced Pyschic learning. In Ukoa, being psychic was common, and most people learned at childhood basic psychic skills and stopped there. Instead, she went on to one of the most advanced psychic training schools in Ukoa. She stayed there for 4 years, learning much. After developing the psychic abilities she was taught and creating some of her own as well; she went on to the Naval Academy to pilot ships, and learned many cultures and many different languages.

Because of her psychic powers, her reaction times in simulators and training flights were optimal if not almost instantaneous. Naval Command placed her in a special unit of pilots that used their advanced psychic abilities to fly more efficiently. On a scouting mission, investigating a UTC ruin, her ship was downed and she was captured by the Constellation ground team. After becoming increasingly angry with them, she calmed herself down and decided since they had no real experienced diplomats, she could fill for them. So she stayed in the unit, defusing local conflicts, be them over cold space relay or on planets.

Personality:
Nice, and caring, but can sometimes get easily annoyed. Doesn't like being underestimated or taken for granted. She's extremely smart, as is the trait of her race. Tries to help where she can, and sometimes doesn't realize her limits.

Appearance:
3-4 inches tall, yellow eyes, blue skin, black hair, usually in a ponytail. Switches off between diplomatic uniform, lab clothing, and casuals.

Equipment and weapons:
A small jetpack used for getting around, otherwise small misc. tools for building/repairing electronics.

Psychic Skills
Pyschic Expertise - 7.

Pyschic Endurance - 5, healthy.

Personal psychic moves developed:

Assuring Aura - Used in diplomatic situations, Ulranna can make the hostile person she's talking to calm down a bit and feel less threatened. Does not work if the person is already in combat.

Persuasive Speech - Ulranna emits an aura while she's speaking that can convince hostile or stubborn people to go through with certain diplomatic agreements. Does not work in combat.

Doctor's Third Eye - Ulranna can diagnose physical traumas by reading the patient's nerve signals.

Pain Killer - Ulranna can null a patient's nerve endings without any kind of anesthetic to help them handle their pain.

Goals:
Use her knowledge for the betterment of the Constellation's crew.

Last edited by Blitz on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:28 am

if someone knows photoshop they'd be doing me a favor if they made her eyes yellow with pupils.

it'd be really great.

and helpful.

and stuff.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker
Race: Human

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Would you lower the power a bit if I tried to Photoshop it to your satisfaction?
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:28 pm

it is photoshopped to my satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Ah, my apologies, I didn't see that. But still, I thought psychics were meant to be weaker, as in, not as many powers, this just seems silly. Most of the ones described here I can see working to the betterment of the RP, but controlling Graves like a puppet? AND reading minds (don't try that on Marcus, Ulranna would suddenly and horribly know the truth of Marcus' inner demons, as well as feel the need to atone for sins she didn't commit) it all seems a bit silly to me, it would take decades to learn even ONE of these abilities.

Last edited by cptkickercutleg on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:42 pm

I like these abilities, nothing op like "I can make your brain explode in your head" and they can be used in a variety of nice ic situations.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:45 pm

B3SERK wrote:
I like these abilities, nothing op like "I can make your brain explode in your head" and they can be used in a variety of nice ic situations.
Talked to blitz on the server
And "all the mainstream ones up to level 7"
That kinda annoyed me.

And yeah: "Mental Strike" - The psychic sends a huge mental attack to the opponent's brain, the person often experiences immediate death due to aneurysms, internal organ failure, or hemorrhaging. Very deadly to the user if they do not know what they're doing.

Level 7 ability.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 pm

never once have I read anyone's mind. and kicker I don't care what your angsty angst character thinks is an evil action because at most it's probably picking a flower. secondly, I've done that to graves twice, twice. And who are to say it'd take decades to learn, are you yourself a psychic in real life?

kicker you're leaving out the part where I said all mainstream abilities up to 7 "but mainly the ones that have to deal with doctoring or diplomacy or peaceful acts" to where I further said "if I were to try and scramble Grave's brain here I'd probably end up killing myself because Ulranna's never once practiced that"

so yeah, she's got most of the basic abilities down pat, but most of the intermediate ones not as much.

"Mental Strike" - The psychic sends a huge mental attack to the opponent's brain, the person often experiences immediate death due to aneurysms, internal organ failure, or hemorrhaging. Very deadly to the user if they do not know what they're doing.

if you want to talk about powergame we can take this into deadly winter's thread, but really you're hearing what you want to hear.

please don't put words into my mouth, thanks.

Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:47 am

Firstly, stop calling me angsty, anyone that makes an effort to know me knows I can concede defeat as much as I can be a stubborn ass.
Secondly, I'm sorry I forgot that part, I don't have too good a memory, hell, I can't tell the difference between Dutch and Remmington half the time, so something like that is easy to forget, especially if you're multitasking at the time, but yes, I digress, I apologise if I offended you, I thought wrong.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 am

Apparently there's no approval in this roleplay?
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:48 am

Wow, even the fact that that mental strike thing exists is kind of....................... op
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 am

Ramona wrote:
That's what I said a while ago.
Kali said it takes too long to approve characters, or something. It's quite silly, the approval process helped reduce the number of stupid characters.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:37 am

It doesn't take too long at all.

Just get more active admins.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:37 am

BloodStream wrote:
Ramona wrote:
That's what I said a while ago.
Kali said it takes too long to approve characters, or something. It's quite silly, the approval process helped reduce the number of stupid characters.

Eh. It doesn't work Blood. People just go and roleplay their characters or their same chars with alternate names if they feel the denial was bullshit (100% of the time with some people)
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:40 am

Jackxter wrote:
Eh. It doesn't work Blood. People just go and roleplay their characters or their same chars with alternate names if they feel the denial was bullshit (100% of the time with some people)

Well get some actual (and active) admins, like Phry said, and it'll work.

Otherwise this shit'll be passed all the time.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Ramona wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

Well get some actual (and active) admins, like Phry said, and it'll work.

Otherwise this shit'll be passed all the time.

Maybe, though I have a feeling that if we are too strict we'll lose a sizable population of decent roleplayers. That's if they can even manage to identify denied chars.

Last edited by Jackxter on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Jackxter wrote:
Maybe, though I have a feeling that if we are too strict we'll lose a sizable population of decent roleplayers.

Decent roleplayers don't leave because their character can't be overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Ramona wrote:
Jackxter wrote:
Maybe, though I have a feeling that if we are too strict we'll lose a sizable population of decent roleplayers.

Still, why not just determine if a character is powergamed in game? Why have to have people apply for chars on the forums?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Jackxter wrote:
Ramona wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

Still, why not just determine if a character is powergamed in game? Why have to have people apply for chars on the forums?

You avoid more retardation added to what seems to already retard streaming server.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Jackxter wrote:
Ramona wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

Because if we just let them run rampant on the server, you'd have them interrupting roleplay and degrading the state of the entire server.
If they're decent roleplayers, they'll make decent characters. Nothing of value will be lost if we stop people from making stupid characters like this one.

Edit: @Phry, I've noticed a lot of people saying the space RP server's retarded. This saddens me.
I'm gonna do my best to fix that and apply some proper rules and regulations when I get back, because from what I can see, Kali's struggling and it's just a shitheap.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:45 pm

My point is if people know that their chars might have the chance of denial, they will go and play them on the server anyway. The bad roleplayers won't even bother going on the forums to make them except if they have something to gain and the good ones nobody will mind anyway.

Besides, some people are casual and can spend their entire experience on the server without ever seeing these forums. I just don't think it's a practical system.

I've managed about ten roleplays without the serious problem of server retardation, the problem's solution relies on in-game administrators.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:47 pm

If the problem is with in game admins and you've managed about 10 communities with such problems,

why do you never fix it?
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Blitz wrote:
If the problem is with in game admins and you've managed about 10 communities with such problems,

why do you never fix it?

1. I'm banned on the server.
2. The problems usually solve themselves. Usually people will point out the discrepancies in a character on the server and they will usually listen if they aren't stubborn as shit. If someone's characters gain enough notoriety to warrant admin action then so be it. If anyone remembers Anubis, he created a slew of stupid-assed characters but he backed down when people started yelling at him. I'm sure he wouldn't have submitted those characters on any forums.
3. It's kind of hard to solve a problem on a server when the administration supports it. That's you: you're supporting the problem.

Last edited by Jackxter on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Jackxter wrote:
My point is if people know that their chars might have the chance of denial, they will go and play them on the server anyway. The bad roleplayers won't even bother going on the forums to make them except if they have something to gain and the good ones nobody will mind anyway.

Besides, some people are casual and can spend their entire experience on the server without ever seeing these forums. I just don't think it's a practical system.

I've managed about ten roleplays without the serious problem of server retardation, the problem's solution relies on in-game administrators.

Why can't we implement a system where you receive some form of discipline when you roleplay a character without having it accepted by an admin beforehand?
If people choose to disobey that rule (Which is in a stickied topic in every forum; including this one), then an admin'll shout at them. If they continue, a kick, and after that, a short ban.

As for casual players, there's a quote from psyche on that thread.
Quote :
There's an un-written rule among admins that basically anyone is allowed to roleplay their very first character without applying for about a week. After that, the rules finally start to apply to them aswell.
I suppose this would apply to players who don't ever visit the forums, too.

Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:09 pm

BloodStream wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

Why can't we implement a system where you receive some form of discipline when you roleplay a character without having it accepted by an admin beforehand?
If people choose to disobey that rule (Which is in a stickied topic in every forum; including this one), then an admin'll shout at them. If they continue, a kick, and after that, a short ban.

As for casual players, there's a quote from psyche on that thread.
Quote :
There's an un-written rule among admins that basically anyone is allowed to roleplay their very first character without applying for about a week. After that, the rules finally start to apply to them aswell.
I suppose this would apply to players who don't ever visit the forums, too.

Hmm... while I can see some of the benefits of having a strictly forum based character judging system including less ooc bullshit in the server, I still don't think there is anything wrong with the system I've been using. I think it'd be too much on the admins to have to have to hassle every new player on the server to enter the forums to create a character and will probably result in the server dying.

The drawbacks of it I can see are:
1. New players will still create retarded characters anyway.
2. The problem with stupid characters doesn't usually relate to regulars except in rare cases such as this one.
3. It'd be a hassle for admins to have to keep track of every character who is new.
4. Players who roleplay casually for over a week in the server probably are receiving positive responses from those around them, which is why they are staying. People receiving negative responses will most likely not stick around.

I'll keep an open mind, but I think I'll keep the traditional system I've been using on my own server.

Last edited by Jackxter on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ulranna Moi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulranna Moi   Ulranna Moi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ulranna Moi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket :: Characters :: Failed Characters-
Jump to: