Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desmond Molitid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Desmond Molitid Hacker_Holmes_by_pyxelated

-General Information-

Race: Human

Profession: Software Engineer

Name: Desmond Molitid

Biography:

Like many people before him, Desmond was born, unlike most however, his parents didn't notice his existence in his childhood. He was not brought into a new room, freshly painted and changed for a newborn baby. He was thrown into a crib in the living room and left to be cared for by a service android. Desmond was born two two software engineers, both of whom contributed to the creation and maintaining of software that allowed the functioning of many ships flying under the flags of the United Terran colonies.

Desmond was cared to by the service android their family owned, she was cold and logical but the closest thing Desmond had to a mother. As he began to become older, Desmond started to learn to fend for himself. He started feeding himself at six, and when he was ten, he finally started to grow interested in his Parent's work. Desmond picked up programming quickly, being able to piece together basic programs by the time he was twelve.

At thirteen, Desmond grew the courage to confront his parents and asked them to share some of their knowledge. They were surprised by his request, but accepted. With the support of his Parents, Desmond's learning picked up tenfold. At fifteen, Desmond was able create basic systems for ships and AI intelligent enough to have short conversations with. As his understanding grew, his busy parents became overworked, and considering their fortune, retired. Desmond's Lessons continued until he was twenty-two, when his parents thought they had nothing more they could teach him. He left home knowing enough to program the functions of a small fleet within half a year.

Desmond joined the UTC at twenty five, originally hoping to help the design of some of their major fleets but was instead assigned to the maintaining of the CFV Constellation and whatever artificial intelligences were located on it.

Personality:

Desmond hates his work at the Constellation, feeling that it's an understatement of what he's capable of. He's usually broody unless he manages to get a little alcohol in himself. He enjoys programming, usually making small games or conversing with his favorite AI Rimmer. Though he's usually looking over and optimizing the code that keeps the systems going, he'll make small programs if requested. He has little better to do with his free time.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Inventory:
Several sets of standard generic clothing.
Supercomputer.
Small tablet that allows him access to his computer.

Last edited by Xeloras on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm confused.
How did his parents not realise he was there until 2 weeks after his birth?
Surely the mother noticed the child gestating inside her. And the searing pain of childbirth.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:58 pm

BloodStream wrote:
I'm confused.
Surely the mother noticed the child gestating inside her. And the searing pain of childbirth.

It was meant to be a over-exaggeration of how he was ignored when he was little, but I'll change it because it is confusing looking back on it.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:10 pm

BloodStream wrote:
I'm confused.

Drugs are bad, mkay?

I'm neutral on this.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
Drugs are bad, mkay?

Wait what how could you tell

And, as for the character. The rest seems okay, but I don't see any evidence of him being Chaotic Good. Chaotic Good are people like V, Robin Hood, etc. They're anarchists, free spirits, aggressive.
That doesn't really matter, though. I don't really see how this character can be abused, so I'll accept it. If anyone has a problem with it, I'll reread it 'cause I'm a bit inebriated and might've missed something right now.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:55 pm

I have three fine cookies for whoever can pick up what Rimmer is a reference to.
Back to top Go down
GordonGuy

Character sheet
Name:

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:35 am

-

Character seems solid, some spelling errors but otherwise I accept.

Last edited by GordonGuy on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawkter

Dawkter

Character sheet
Name: Riley Lynch
Race: Human

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:38 am

I've RPd with Desmond a few times, he's a believable character; and the background information makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desmond Molitid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Molitid   Desmond Molitid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desmond Molitid
Page 1 of 1