Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dean Angelis

Go down 
+2
Xeloras
Psycheandromida
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:44 pm

"Ain't nothin' I wanted in this world that I did'n 'earn'."

Dean Angelis Il_vient_du_futur____by_dreki_k-d32mkor
-Appearance-

Height: 5'10"
Hair: Brown; messy and unkempt
Beard: Often only has five o'clock shadow
Eyes: Black
Physique: Well built, but not particularly buff
Distinguishing Features: Dean almost always looks uninterested and calm. His eyes are black, which is of course uncommon. This is a result from exposure to The Magi's Stream

-Bio-

Race: Human
Birthplace: The Everrain Isles

Personality: Dean has a bit of a criminal streak, and is hardly ashamed by it. He considers himself hard-working, and he truly is, but sometimes his hard work is not always honest. Dean is often selfish, but finds it hard to hold a grudge. Above that, he is fairly open minded and is selective about what to be truthful about. Dean is surprisingly ingenious, with a very admirable intelligence, although he likes to keep that a secret. As for morals, Dean is usually prone to favoring the under-dog.

Favoured Enemy: No one specific, albeit Dean hasn't fought many things that aren't people.
Favoured Weapon(s): Dean is skilled with a large variety of weapons.

Diety: None
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

-Backstory Blurb-
Dean Angellis lived in the Everrain, and despite a relatively normal upbringing, he had a fairly large criminal record. Dean was drafted into his city's militia, and ordered with a squad to eliminate Sidan slavers that were in danger of approaching the isles. Dean's squad was able to chase the slavers off by sea, but unfortunately both ships were caught in The Magi's Current.

The Magi's Current is a monstrously large whirlpool off the North coast of The Everrain, which acts as a magic channeling source, which sucks up all surrounding essence of magic and sends it to other channeling sources that distribute magical energy, like the Black Pyramid of Sida. Because of this effect, The Everrain Isles is very dead in magical energy, and only the most fluent in spells can properly cast magic, but even then, any spells cast are remarkably stunted in power.

The Magi's Current is a remarkably unpredictable force of nature, because it absorbs so much magic, so what happen to things consumed by it is impossible to predict. Dean and a handful of his squad were transported through a strand of magic, and ejected violently from a portal that was fashioned by a scholar in Imperia's guild of mages. Since then, Dean and his squad went their separate ways. Dean decided to remain in Imperia's guild of mages, but needed his ex-squad mates to tell their old hometown that Dean had died, so that he wouldn't have to return to simply be drafted back into the military.

After the Sacking of Imperia, Dean had already completed a scholarship, and decided to take up petty villainy to make a living.

-Noteworthy Skills-

General Spellcasting:
Dean knows little about other applications of magic, so without a scroll, casting magic he is untrained with is a chore and often not worth it.
-| | | \ \ \ \ \ \ \ -

Martial Weaponry:
Nothing special, if a weapon does not require unusual fighting styles or special training, Dean is able to use it.
-| | | | \ \ \ \ \ \ -

Agility, Fitness, Finesse, Dexterity and Thievery:
Dean is able to concentrate for long periods of time on a single task and capable of physically demanding work, few things breaking his attention. Dean is skilled in fine handwork, and good with working all matter of things.
-| | | | | \ \ \ \ \ -

Marksmanship:
Ranged weaponry comes relatively easier to Dean than melee weaponry. From throwing knives, to composite bows to scroll pistols, Dean benefits from a steady aim.
-| | | | | \ \ \ \ \ -

Storm Magic:
Dean decided to specialize in wind and electrical magic, able to conjure wind currents strong enough to move furniture and large weaponry, and able to create charges of electricity fluently as both projectiles and touch attacks. While Storm Magic is Dean's major power in magics, he lacks extensive training and is no more remarkable than any other specialized magi.
-| | | | | | \ \ \ \ -

Focus, Swordsmanship and Combat:
Most of Dean's life has been physical work, the rest is scholarship and concentration. While this compliments swordsmanship, Dean is out of practice and requires a trainer.
-| | | | | | | \ \ \ -

Combat Information
Threat Assessment: Moderate
Class: Melee Fighter / Offensive Spell-caster
Dean is great at both sword fighting and offensive magic, and likes to accompany both into a fluent fighting style. Dean is especially skilled at defensive swordsmanship, and uses that to buy himself time to cast especially powerful lightning spells to disable foes. While this is an established and effective fighting style, Dean himself is the one to need improvement.

-Noteworthy Inventory-

Armour: Dean sports a brown coat, but what makes it especially useful is it has tough strands of adamantine woven into it. This provides a series of protective benefits, namely, moderate protection from all matter of spells. The strong weave also gives protection from many physical attacks, making Dean appear fairly intimidating.

Rebonite Longsword:
This longsword is a leaf-blade design, providing good slashing power and excellent handling. Rebonite weaponry are fairly damaging to magical creatures like vampires and demons, but their most impressive aspect is the ability to reflect magic, and "knock" back spells in their original trajectory. This longsword is also particularly tough, being masterwork craft.

Dean acquired this sword by making a pact with other magi from Kerodil. Dean offered some services with his magic and future services. Dean also is required to retrieve them a certain To'Mire mask, one with the specifically unique power of magically engineering bloodlines and the control of blood.
Spoiler:

Character Tropes

Brilliant But Lazy
Dean could be described as this, since most users of magic in Aeria are super-ambitious and intuitive.

Chronic hero Syndrome
Because it simply seems like the right thing to do, Dean on occasion finds someone's problem and makes it his own.

Last edited by Psycheandromida on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Approved, another character so that Psyche can fight himself. I don't have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:42 pm

It does seem quite powerful to begin with, having about four average-high skills, especially with the Rebonite sword and unique armour.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:49 pm

None of the skills are mastered.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Hrm. Having re-looked at it I don't know why I thought they were more full than they were. Something about the layout, doesn't appeal to my eyes.

It's fairly balanced, I guess, and even if it isn't, Psyche is a GIANT MINGE AND SHOULDN'T BE TRUSTED- i mean an admin.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Approve this so I can bunny-hop around and pk other characters for fun.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Approve this so I can bunny-hop around and pk other characters for fun.

Mmk, I accept for this reason --^
Back to top Go down

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Enjoyed reading the character page and the picture is pretty good.

I find it acceptable, nothing seems wrong to me with this app. Also, the backstory was pretty intresting to read.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Accept because his eyes are awesom--I mean because it's...uhm, well balanced.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:36 am

The stats feel a point or two too high, but I don't care that much, it's pretty balanced. Also giving a nod of recognition to the woven-metal armor. The Rebonite sword is the main hallmark of the character, I'd say. Accepted.

Last edited by Kain on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 pm

I saw someone with almost-black irises.
I am now afraid of this character's face.

:'(
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:34 pm

different colours
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:26 am

The general consensus is to accept. If no one has any concerns left to mention, I'll be moving this.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Moved
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Changed skills and two tropes
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 am

is it just me or is he strutting quite a gay pose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dean Angelis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dean Angelis   Dean Angelis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dean Angelis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters :: The Previous Age-
Jump to: