Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Andrel Thandron

Go down 
+7
Markka
Krug
Jack
Rutabega
Psycheandromida
Phry
Omap
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Andrel Thandron
Andrel Thandron Dood

Character Background
Andrel grew up as a normal person, having no affinity for magic or the arcane, he studied a little bit as a scholar around the nearby university, Being around so many mages and other forms of magic users slowly made him envious over their power, and soon he found himself spending his free time studying and dabbling in the arts rather than hanging out with his normal friends, if he could not use magic, he was going to at least know as much as he can about it. After many years as a scholar that encompassed his entire childhood and early twenties he started to dabble in magic items and potions, he figured even non magic users would be able to use those, and that his current understanding of the arcane and magical wasn't enough. He desired to feel and experiment with magic, and tried to drink a volatile and liquid form of mana, The magic he consumed wracked through his system, and along with it's rather unpleasant taste almost crippled him, burning his muscles and skin in bright blue flashes of lightning. This didn't deter Andrel however, and he continued to use himself as a test subject for mana themed experiments. Eventually he was sneaking sips of potions as he worked, and would wait anxiously and find any manner of reason to pump more of the glowing blue liquid into his veins, and after a few years, he finally was able to cast simple spells, not anything of which any proper wizard would ever consider magic, he was able to more so just throw excess mana in his body out of his hands in crude arcs, but powerful arcs none the less. He took his new found magical ability and tried his best to hone it, studying beginners magic handbooks for any way to control the power of the liquids he was now continuously pumping through his veins, He couldn't get enough of it, and sooner rather than later he was gripped by a full magical addiction. Without the blue liquids flowing through him, he felt weak and terribly lethargic, soon after he was not able to move without another dose, and he quickly realized that his life depended on the mana. He constructed a backpack in his shop and conscripted a blacksmith to make the metal parts of three large vials, sloshing with the blue liquid mana. Whenever he would cast, and over time, the vials would slowly drain, until it was time to refill them again. His lifetime of work as a scholar has given him a rather large sum of gold inside of his workshop, where he lives. a more than modest house with a large second floor and a vault beneath.

Andrel gets along with most other races, he's Eccentric with his work but not uncharismatic. The only races he truly despises are those of demonic nature, like any sane minded man should despise, and Vampires and others inflicted by magical disease. He has a mild distaste for Naga, always dragging half their bodies behind them in the filth. He finds elves and other beings that carry themselves well exotic and worth his time, he is indifferent to other humans, basing them on individual merit. He doesn't take kindly to those that would do wrong just for the sake of doing wrong. He doesn't take kindly to Authorities, who want to tamper with his work due to "Safety Regulations"

The Stats

RACE: Human

Specialty: Magic

Height: 5'11

Birthplace: Imperia

Disposition: Smart, Eccentric, classy

Abilities

Andrel requires the liquid mana in his vials to survive and cast, As a default, each tank contains twenty five units of mana. He has 3 tanks on his back, as well as his body that can hold 25 units more. This means that he, at a maximum, has 100 units of mana. His body naturally consumes 1 unit of mana per hour to keep himself alive. In addition every spell he casts drains a specific amount of mana from him or his tanks. If his supply of 100 points of mana reaches 10. He starts to feel exhausted and lethargic, and cannot see straight, If it ever reaches 0, He dies. The mana cells on his back require about two hours to refill from his home, or three hours if he's in the field. The mana vials on his back are made of glass in metal holders, They can break.

Mana Bolt

Andrel slings his hand forward, and raw magical energies leap from his hand, they arc and spark and everything in front of him.

the Mana Bolt is like an arc of electricity springing forth from his hand, it will hit everything moderately in front of him, but it also drains a lot of mana in the process. It also has a small chance to burn his own hand in the casting.

MANA USED: 10

Mana Wave

Andrel waves his hand forward, sending out a bluish wave in the air that distorts the light as it travels, like the heat of the sun on a cobbled walk

Mana Wave is very much like mana bolt, only it has no effect on non magic users other than possibly blurring their vision for a second as it passes. When the wave moves over a magic user, the volatile mana sticks to them and may hinder casting or cause spells to misfire, as well as being distracting and confusing.

MANA USED: 5

Lights

Andrel raises his hand lazily, illuminating the area to find his book.

Light is a basic spell that he can use to provide a somewhat steady blue glow to the immediate area. Non directional. It also is always slightly visible in his eyes, depending on how much mana is pumping through him as he casts. If he hasn't used any of the mana in a while, his eyes might appear normal in sunlight and eerily glow in the dark, to shining with blue light when he is casting and wasting a lot of mana.

MANA USED: 2

Overcharge

The mana crackles through his veins, making his muscles respond with more power and greater speed.

Overcharge floods Andrel's system with extra mana, making his muscles respond with more strength and speed, at the cost of wearing him out and driving him further into his addiction. It also wastes a ton of extra mana, almost to a debilitating amount. When Overcharged he can preform feats of strength and speed normal people wouldn't be able, at least for a few minutes.

MANA USED: 25

Other Abilities

He has several needles of the mana on his belt, that he can inject into himself to give him a quick boost of 5 units of mana, or stab someone else with to hurt as much as you would expect getting stabbed with a needle would. Needles hurt.

He also has a small ornate sword he carries around with him, it looks more for show than fighting, but if he is in a tight spot he could probably stab with it. The blade is dull but it's so shiny.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 am

I'm going to let the players have their say on this one because i'm Psyche and demand the final verdict <3
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:25 am

I'm Phry and I'm a gay baby.

Also I'll take a look at this and take some time to give it though. It's radically different to other spellcasters.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 am

I like the unique factors in this. Provided the mana level and consummation is rped properly it's very good. Other then that I like the style, eccentric mad scientist sort with an addiction. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:01 am

Psycheandromida wrote:
I'm Phry and I'm a gay baby.

Your impressions are uncanny.

I've discussed this with umap and there's some elements of this i'm just not sure are possible. I'm not really sure if many of the players can even form a proper opinion if they're unsure if the character itself is possible.

Also somebody needs to go over the Sacred Field with omap if this is accepted. (Y'know, first mage characters and stuff)
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 am

I gave the incredibly basic. "Two layers, body and soul, they define who and what you are." Thing along with other ultra basics.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 am

From what Ruta told me, As long as I'm not boiling other people's insides out, I'm free to lace my own with chemicals. Disorient effects and such don't really change someone's who he's attacking's makeup or anything. Just think of it as giving someone a static shock
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:51 am

If Omap's fully briefed, I think I've never seen this type of idea before. We've all seen mage characters, but this one is quite unique in it's style. The abilities aren't overpowered as you all can see. After going over this with Omap myself and confronting the issues I had, I had them cleared up. I think this is quite lore-friendly, but I'm not sure due to the lack of lore knowledge I have in the Magi field. The character is original all in all, and I don't see why it should be denied.

ACCEPT
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:55 am

I like the originality, and the twist that's been put on it. A whole new kind of spin.

All things considered, seeing as how it's confirmed lore friendly, I'll toss this an accept so long as it's RP'd properly, which I imagine it will be.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:01 am

This is rather interesting. If you can just keep track of the mana, by all means do so. The abilities don't seem too powerful and the fact that he has a maxium of 100 mana that slowly ticks away would make a rather good con even if the abilities were quite powerful.

It seems alright in my books, but you people keep discussing about the character's legibility.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Omap's been a Dungeon Master for DnD before, so he has a good mind for numbers.

The spells aren't too powerful, the only one I see that may become a problem is the wave of mana may be a bit overpowered, but all spellcasters are fairly dynamic and some might find a way around it.

If anyone has anything else to say, do so now because this has got my accept.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:13 am

bumping because autoprune.

nobody seems to have any problems with this, i say go ahead and move it.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 am

I swear character approval doesn't have autoprune.

but yeah, move assept.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:13 am

Phry wrote:
I swear character approval doesn't have autoprune.

dont tell them that
Back to top Go down
Graley

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:14 am

Accepted because I want him to say "I need more mana" over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm out'a mana, need a potion
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm

This character is pointing out a question I really should address in the near, and that is quantifying mana.

Might work on that today.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Really liking this mana system, I'm considering possibly using it myself, if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Go ahead. It's just like a standard mana pool, mine is just different in the fact that it dosn't naturaly regnerate and a level of 0 means he dies.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Yea, but excluding the dying thing.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Deleted Graley and Phry's posts.

Seriously, that's just childish and unnecessary. You should both be ashamed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Andrel Thandron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrel Thandron   Andrel Thandron Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andrel Thandron
Page 1 of 1