Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New RP proposal.

Go down 
+10
Sharq
Gambit
cptkickercutleg
Reanimated
ViralHatred
B3SERK
Markka
Blitz
Psycheandromida
Kali
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:33 am

So since Colony RP seems to have died, Viral and I decided it'd be a good idea to change roleplay for a while. This is the basic idea we have going for it currently:

Quote :
BASIC PITCH

Set in same universe as Space RP, Eshira, and Kodu on an earthlike planet named A, approximately 200 years ahead of Kodu colony RP and Space RP.

Humans and other species begin to colonize the planet 20 years before the roleplay begins, discovering the ruins of an ancient metropolis, along with numerous other abandoned sites across the planet's surface, left behind by an unknown alien species after being decimated by another unknown alien species.

The city is a twisted and mangled mass of towers and collapsed structures, composed of rusted steel and a strange, obsidian-like rock formed from melting glass and other materials during the nuclear bombardment of the city from orbit

The ruins are almost impossible to explore due to the high concentration of radiation and toxic chemicals left by the nuclear holocaust, but the few able to get anywhere near the city bring back tales of magnificent relics from the alien race, along with new minerals and anomalies caused by the sheer intensity of the attacks upon the city.

The ruins outside of the city are irradiated and polluted to much lesser degrees or not at all, still posing a threat to explorers, yet still yielding artifacts.

The planet has been set upon by treasure hunters, scientists, explorers, and many other types of people, all seeking to make some kind of profit from the planet's artifacts and secrets.

short version:

Quote :
a sci-fi roleplay set in the distant future, focused around the exploration of a planet's mysterious alien ruins, left over from a long-forgotten conflict, filled with treasure, riches, and danger.

so it's kind of like Eshira RP would have been, i guess. All the lore applies and the characters that have already been made for Eshira can still be used with some minor tweaking in terms of any locations concerned with their backstory.

No idea what to use for the exact location of the RP yet, although we're thinking heavily along the lines of it being in a desert so we can use CSCdesert. Location really depends upon what map we use. We still have no idea for the planet's name, either. Or the RP's name, for that matter.

If anyone strongly objects or has any suggestions then go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 am

Indiana Kali and the Raiders of the Lost Arthurs
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 pm

god no not csc desert please.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 pm

well the setting's not finalized so if you have any other maps to suggest then please do
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Sounds interesting enough.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 pm

If you make everything even more advanced, and there are ancient ruins and shit, it might just end up like kudo again.

Everyone making weird chars and being like "Oh look here is a ray gun that destroys buildings at a time, use it on that huge robot we made"
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 pm

B3SERK wrote:
Everyone making weird chars and being like "Oh look here is a ray gun that destroys buildings at a time, use it on that huge robot we made"

Oh hello, you must be new here.

Welcome to Radiation Roleplay.

/sarky
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:41 pm

B3SERK wrote:
If you make everything even more advanced, and there are ancient ruins and shit, it might just end up like kudo again.

Everything's about the same level of technology as in Kodu, but since we're more isolated and away from main civilizations then highly advanced tech will be hard to transport to where the RP takes place, so basically the tech will be available in the universe, but only on special circumstances and very rarely.

Plus most of the alien artifacts in their ruins are just artifacts that are worth money, nearly all of the technology in the ruins is just going to be inoperable and useless.

If people start pulling technology out of their asses at a moments notice then i'm not allowing it.

PLUS

characters won't be allowed without being accepted on the forum. So all the bullshit characters can easily be weeded out before they get established into the roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Great...i got to make a App for Dutch/Remmington dont i?
God i hate app's...
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 pm

It doesn't need to be anything drastically in-depth unless you feel like it, the whole point of the apps is just to weed out stupid characters. I suppose if the character has been proven to work in another RP and others are okay with it then i'm okay with it. i'm not gonna be ridiculously harsh about character apps.

the whole "several hundred years in the future of space/kodu" thing was to prevent people from just using the same characters, but i guess i'm fine with non-human characters being still alive at this point providing there's a reason for them to be here.

gonna explain how character apps will work later on if this idea proves popular.
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Well he would proably be passed down the line like a heirloom of sorts, helping each generation to the best of his abilities. In the new rp i could make him weaker cause of problems with hydralics etc. etc. and i mean he wont be the most advanced thing seeing as how now in the rp he is 85 years old 75 of which were spent in bascily a hibernation mode and i bet he could last for a few more hundred years so long as he keeps his shit in check.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:44 pm

So, I take it all my characters except Deadly are probably long turned to dust?
Fantastic.

(Sorry if that seems a little aggressive, but I did invest a lot of time and emotion into these characters)

Well now, will carbon copies be allowed with minor changes to past etc?
Meaning, can we carry on the relations between characters into this new RP?
Can we carry over names and faces?
Can we carry over jobs if applicable?
Making a new RP without allowing these things could mean that players simply would wander around, feeling alienated.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Blitz wrote:
no csc desert
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:39 am

yeah blitz said this and then we had a nice discussion about which maps to use

i'll make a list of maps we could use and then have a vote if enough people want this rp to happen

also

cptkickercutleg wrote:
Well now, will carbon copies be allowed with minor changes to past etc?

Yeah, no.
cptkickercutleg wrote:
Meaning, can we carry on the relations between characters into this new RP?

Nope. It's highly unlikely that the descendants of people from space rp/Kodu would be together in this part of space at the same time and even more unlikely that they'd get on with eachother in exactly the same way as their great great grandparents did.

cptkickercutleg wrote:
Can we carry over names and faces?

I guess yeah sure descendants could be similar to their ancestors and have inherited names but i don't like the idea of having too manydescendants of characters from space/kodu in this rp

cptkickercutleg wrote:
Can we carry over jobs if applicable?

The descendants having the same job as their ancestors isn't particuarily likely but if you want to be a boring person and just do EXACTLY the same thing as you did in space/kodu then sure go for it but you aren't really benefitting the "new and exciting" aspect of the rp.

cptkickercutleg wrote:
Making a new RP without allowing these things could mean that players simply would wander around, feeling alienated.

No, it'd mean they'd wander around feeling like it's the beginning of a brand new rp. New jobs to find, things to do, interesting new stuff can happen. If you decide to just be the exact same character as last rp then it just makes it the last rp.

This isn't a location change. It's a new RP.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:57 am

Would've been okay with some decades but if we jump several hundred years... eh. I wanted to play a young and curious Hazenn with a defect. :c
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:58 am

You still can, Hazenn exist in this universe still and they can live for a thousand years each. All the races in Eshira's lore still fit in here.
Back to top Go down
Sharq

Sharq

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:28 pm

What are the maps you blitz came up with?

Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:30 pm

allow me to just gather up all the links and put advantages and disadvantages for all of them (in my eyes at least)

here we go

RP_Outlandsforest_v2
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=116701

+
Big-ish.
Foresty.
Has a settlement.

-
Looks a bit plain.
Badly mapped. (to me, at least)

Gm_atomic
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=52608

+
Reasonably sized.
Deserty.
Has a settlement which fits the style.

-
Maybe not enough settlements/stuff to explore

MD_Stalkerredux_B4
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=25146

+
Seemingly huge.
Lots of places to explore.
Has a few settlements.
Fits the style.

-
Too big/confusing, maybe?

RP_whiteforestvillage_fix
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=70878

+
Large and open.
Settlement perfectly sized for roleplay (we've used this before, worked nicely.)

-
Not many settlements to explore.

Those are all i can remember. There'll be occasional events where we go somewhere else and do shit like explore ruins, and i've got a couple of maps lined up for that.

Feel free to suggest others.

I'm personally favoring stalkerredux and whiteforestvillage over the rest, but i'd like to hear what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Sharq

Sharq

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Currently, I'd like to use gm_atomic. Though, I also think this might suit our needs well.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:10 pm

I was planning that for one of the event maps, actually. Ideally for the "main" map, we need something open and natural, like a forest or a desert.

The big city mentioned in the lore will be visited under certain conditions (we all have ridiculous amounts of protection and stuff against everything there), but it will be a very rare event that we do go to the city. So i'm kind of trying to avoid urban maps.
Back to top Go down
Sharq

Sharq

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Oh, I see now.

alright well, the other suggestion I had was rp_salvation 2.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Kali wrote:
You still can, Hazenn exist in this universe still and they can live for a thousand years each. All the races in Eshira's lore still fit in here.

Wouldn't I need to adjust the details of my Caelest if I were to play as her?
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:07 pm

If you're playing a character made for eshira, you'd just have to tweak the backstory a little.

All the reasons for being on eshira are the same for this planet, pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 pm

I guess I'd just have to edit... eh... well, actually nothing drastic. Just a few places' names if even that. That was painless.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 am

So i'm guessing everyone who cares enough to play this is alright with it?

If so, should i put up a poll for what map to use?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New RP proposal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RP proposal.   New RP proposal. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New RP proposal.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next