Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Problem with Potions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

The Problem with Potions Empty
PostSubject: The Problem with Potions   The Problem with Potions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Potions, as you all know, are vastly underpowered as of right now. Munroe's original intention was to have potions act as a substitute for magic, but that didn't happen with the masses of side effects that magic lacks.

Alchemy in general needs a rework, Munroe's asked me to become the potion guy in his leaving, and I want to ask you guys what you want of alchemy before I do anything.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The Problem with Potions   The Problem with Potions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 am

Perhaps a bit less risky to use the potions. The cons likely outweight the cons right now, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: The Problem with Potions   The Problem with Potions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 am

the only problem with potions will be balancing them

you need to find the perfect balance between
A) "i drink potion and rip your spine out using nothing but my mind"
and B) "i drink potion, roll. shit i rolled badly looks like i just exploded in a cloud of red mist."
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The Problem with Potions   The Problem with Potions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:48 pm

So, we need to take into account at least two factors, which in my opinion are the largest ones.

1. Risk versus reward
2. Cost efficiency

Potions shouldn't be stupidly overpowered and have no negative effects. I don't think there's a lot of those, however. There might be more underpowered ones.
Another thing playing a part with potions is the cost. I don't know what the economic situation was back when the page was created but it certainly doesn't fit this moment. I don't think a lot of people can pay several hundred gold for some potion that's a more or less a shot in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: The Problem with Potions   The Problem with Potions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 pm

also make sure that people don't just put 3 skill points into alchemy and then go "I HAF POSHUN 2 WARP SPESS TAIM CONTIUNUUM TO MY WEEL"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Problem with Potions   The Problem with Potions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Problem with Potions
Page 1 of 1