Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.

Go down 
+4
Rutabega
Xeloras
Gambit
Omap
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Empty
PostSubject: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 pm

RP_OLDENISLAND

This is olden's next map, how long will it be on the server once it's done? that's not up for me to decide, but I think you all will like what I've got in store. It's got several key features that I think you all will enjoy.

Quote :
THE FEATURES

A 3d skybox

Large, open landscape

Lots of places to hide

Realistic forest

Ruins, strange rock formations.

A TALL skybox

Bloom ready

Optimized for lag free play

Dat bridge

SO WHERE ARE THOSE SCREENSHOTS OMAP?

right here.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Omap on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Post reserved. this map is a Work In Progress. Please give constructive criticism or shut the fuck up

Last edited by Omap on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 pm

You should have some fencing to make small lawn areas in front of those houses
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 pm

I would use a larger brush on the displacements in the skybox and the surrounding area so they don't have that, "jagged," appearance, perhaps the ground near the town wouldn't be completely flat, but somewhat hilly or bumpy like land naturally is. There would probably be dirt roads at least from people walking over those areas. The lighting's a bit dull, and your brushwork, while very nice in some areas, is blocky in others.

All in all: Dat bridge.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Xeloras wrote:
I would use a larger brush on the displacements in the skybox and the surrounding area so they don't have that, "jagged," appearance, perhaps the ground near the town wouldn't be completely flat, but somewhat hilly or bumpy like land naturally is. There would probably be dirt roads at least from people walking over those areas. The lighting's a bit dull, and your brushwork, while very nice in some areas, is blocky in others.

All in all: Dat bridge.

Yeah I'm doing the roads last so I can move the houses more, But I get where your coming from for the block standpoint. other than that I have a question, in some shots it's bright orangeish, in others it's blue and cold, what's better
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Well, as you know, the lighting really defines the feeling of the map, the blue color gives it a colder, more mysterious and slightly creepy feeling, while the orange gives it a sort of "bright new day," feel. Personally, I'm not drawn towards either, and would suggest something closer to mid-day lighting. It's not really all that cold there, and I just don't like orange for some reason, well, I like it, but I don't think it would fit. Maybe if it was a bit more of a yellowish orange, to make it feel like it was a bit later in the day. But I don't know, all my knowledge comes from the Mapping section of Facepunch, which I haven't visited in moooonths.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Cold one is far better for the context, I think.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 am

If you require entity work hit me up.

Look at Kali's CFV ARES map, he practically fit two maps into one with the use of my seamless teleporters that in turn prevents both halves being seperate and not rendered. (Stuff that was "outside" the ship, could not see inside the ship and did not render it. People on the bridge could see out of the bridge however.)
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:58 am

Xeloras wrote:
your brushwork, while very nice in some areas, is blocky in others.

Yeah, think Oskutin eye candy without the horrendous lack of optimization.

Other than that, omnom. Just needs some of dat refining, but it's a WIP so naturally that'll happen anyway.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Xeloras wrote:
...I just don't like orange...

;-;

Also, for some reason the 3rd pic makes me think of Hogwarts. :I
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:43 am

This is really, really good so far - I love the ideas of tiny secret places on the map.

Maps these days don't have enough of those.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 am

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
Also, for some reason the 3rd pic makes me think of Hogwarts. :I

This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Wankerg
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
If you require entity work hit me up.

Look at Kali's CFV ARES map, he practically fit two maps into one with the use of my seamless teleporters that in turn prevents both halves being seperate and not rendered. (Stuff that was "outside" the ship, could not see inside the ship and did not render it. People on the bridge could see out of the bridge however.)

The rendering problem can easily be fixed with simple Visleafs, I'm kind of wondering what a "seamless teleporter" is, do you mean it's hard to tell you went though it, instead of the little "hop" you get from a normal one?
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 am

Omap wrote:
The rendering problem can easily be fixed with simple Visleafs, I'm kind of wondering what a "seamless teleporter" is, do you mean it's hard to tell you went though it, instead of the little "hop" you get from a normal one?

Yes and no. As you can't use true Areaportals in MP (Unless garry finally fixed this, but I don't think so) so basically you have to create a teleporter to a completely seperate part of the map. The "seamless teleporter" can make a player go from A to B without any obvious movement (Other than lighting depending on how you design the area) it also takes any props/entities in the area too.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.   This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is a thread regarding a map. But I have screenshots.
Page 1 of 1