Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different

Go down 
+7
Mack
Markka
Gambit
Rutabega
Munroe
Pat
Xeloras
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Empty
PostSubject: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 pm

So I was chatting with a friend who talked to me about vector art, I was linked some to chick's site who is named Melissa Evans and I took in the different style of coloring/shading/highlighting. I used an image that I found in my folder from a while ago and decided to try the new style out. It was a hard picture to color with but I liked the challenge. It took me around several hours just to color, then another several to just shadow and highlight. Yes, either I am very slow at this or just at average with my time.

Spoiler:

I decided to put the picture into segments, just showing the different levels of work I did. Easier to compare.
Sketch
Colored
Highlighted/Shadowed
Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Whn0ir

I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions, criticism. Anything that helps me toward getting better I guess.

Last edited by Commander Cuddly Muffin on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:15 pm

It looks nice, but the artwork itself draws to the overly exposed elf-ass.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 pm

infinite ass
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:23 pm

I must have missed the part in the lore that says elves don't wear pants. Ah well, really nice coloring job. It should take less time as you get better at it.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Dat ass.

It's the first thing I thought when the original was shown to me, in fact.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 am

Too much butt
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:12 am

Munroe wrote:
I must have missed the part in the lore that says elves wear pants. Ah well, really nice coloring job.

Fix'd.

Also, dat ass.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:54 am

is it just me, or does she look fat from this angle? pry your eyes away from the arse for a moment, and just look at the abdomen. other than that, the colouring is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 am

Nah I think Reager coloured in the space between her side and the arm and left the protrusion of the sleeve from behind the sword blank- so yeah, she looks rather wide. Lmao. Small mistake though.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:15 am

Ramona wrote:
Nah I think Reager coloured in the space between her side and the arm and left the protrusion of the sleeve from behind the sword blank- so yeah, she looks rather wide. Lmao. Small mistake though.

nope. look at the uncoloured picture. she's still fat.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 am

Well she's a little bit bulky at the top- I'm sure it's just perspective. D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:30 pm

I changed a few things, took out that space I shouldn't have colored as Krugs suggested. Don't know why, I uploaded with tiny pic and not photo bucket so the picture appears a lot bigger.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:47 pm

But it has to be praised. That colouring is f*cking godlike :O
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

I can't believe no one else noticed the edit of the boob, from the pointed one in the sketch, to the rounded one in the second and third step.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Mack wrote:
pry your eyes away from the arse for a moment.

There is only arse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:26 pm

I spend so much time coloring and all you can think about is her butt :c
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Muffin, you're a magician at this, so give her pants.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:06 pm

who wears pants

i don't

wear anything really

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Xeloras, I can color. I can blow through mountains with my bare fists. I can bath in a tub full of Dr.Pepper, but some things I can't do. Adding pants is one of these things I can't do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:32 pm

You could just color the legs like so;

Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Furloy

It looks pretty silly in my opinion, but it's better than the sight of H.E.E.U.G.

tee hee, she's half black
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Big ass on an elf and not sleek and slender?

Weird to me.

What is this? Dragon Age?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Gambit wrote:
What is this? Dragon Age?

If this were Dragon Age, she'd look like a skeleton with some added skin.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:00 am

Fuck, what did they do to elves in dragon age 2 and why did they do it.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:39 am

Phry wrote:
Fuck, what did they do to elves in dragon age 2 and why did they do it.

elves in dragon age have always been skeletal and tiny. they're supposed to be weak as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 am

So it's only me that thought

Spoiler:

looks so much better than

Spoiler:

on actual thread topic:

my only critism, and it's a small one, is that blue greaves don't strike me as elven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different   Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muffin's Coloring - Trying Different
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next