Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Helen'

Go down 
+8
PuPeT-KaI
Psycheandromida
Krug
ViralHatred
Cakebread
Kain
thorogoodd
Christoph
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:23 pm

'Helen' Helen1l

Overview:
Deities:Voar, God of the hunt. Along with, Harthan, the Occitanian female patron saint of the hunt.
Race:Human-Werecat(Felanthrope).
Birthplace:In a small town in the nation sate of, Buchloe, Southern Occitan. Near the foothills of the northern Khadrin mountains.
Position:Vampire Hunter.
Description:You're sitting in the bar, having a right good time with your mates. Drinking, laughing, joking. You gesture towards the serving wench to bring you another ale, and that's when you see her. She's wearing heavy leather hunting raiment, although it looks a little bulky on her. Almost like she's wearing something underneath. Her features are strikingly Nordic, angular and raptor like. Her blond hair loose and messy. She moves with an almost catlike grace, which would not be out of place on a Kazuth. She meets your gaze, causing you to shy away meekly from the intensity of her own glance.
Alignment:Neutral-Evil.
Biography:
T'was such a pure night. The moon settling over the starry sky of the foothills of Occitan. A grizzled hunter has made camp for the night, smiling at his young daughter as he tells her stories of past hunts, of game caught, of the land its self. His daughter despite her weariness, listens eagerly to all the words he has to say. Gobbling them up like their dinner of rabbit.

As the night grew on, so did her weariness. Her father offered to take first watch, but she wanted to prove her mettle. She sat by the warm campfire, swaddled in the blanket her mother had knitted for her. It was so warm and cozy, the smell of smoke, the cool summer air. Her head dipped forwards a tad, the yellow lights in the darkness calming her. Wait, yellow? But before her mind could react, the beast was upon her. With a great swat of its paw, darkness overcame her.

It wasn't until morning that she awoke. The camp was torn asunder, as was their hunt, and her father.
She clutched her bounding head, sobbing as she stumbled the long miles back into her village. By the time she arrived, she was dehydrated and feverish, and it was all the village healer could do to calm her. It took her a few days to recover, and the first thing she did was move out into wilderness to recover her father's body. She eventually found what was left of it, digging a modest grave. She picked up his musket, setting off to find the beast who killed him.

For days she tracked him through the bush, diligently and tirelessly tracking him. And she was closing on him. The huge tracks leading towards a fjord in the mountains. She made camp for the night, admiring the full moon as it poked through the clouds.

Skills:
Firearms:
<||||||||||>
Training long hours each day with firearms, some would call her a natural. With 'Hawkeye' in hand, she's a deadly and proficient rifleman and sharpshooter.
Blades:
<||||||||||>
She mainly wields her silver sword bayonet, and in doing so has learned to exercise a caution and finesse with the weapon that elevates her swordsmanship.
Brawling:
<||||||||||>
Been in more then a few fights in her time, she can swing a punch as well as any mercenary.
Tracking:
<||||||||||>
Having been tracking most of her life, on four legs and two, she's pretty astute, but without magic she can't progress any farther.
Magical Potency:
<||||||||||>
Whilst not completely devoid of it, she's got little aptitude.

Hawkeye:
She wields a special rifle and bayonet, dubbed 'Hawkeye' and 'Talon' respectively. She commissioned the rifle from a master Sanctimonian gunsmith, residing in Occitan. After borrowing approximately seven thousand shillings from a local criminal organization, she promptly took her rifle, and skipped out on the debt. She fled across the border, leaving a good deal of trouble in her wake. The gun is enchanted, which serves to increase it's accuracy greatly. A trained marksman with a matchlock musket can hit a target at 50 yards maximum. A trained marksman wielding this rifle, could hit something at 90 yards. The downside to this is, however it takes longer to reload. It also must be maintained daily. The accompanying bayonet is pure silver, which forces Helen to use it cautiously.
Tasks:
Completed

Spoiler:

Current

Spoiler:

Failed

Spoiler:
Traits:
Positive
Charming. Cunning. Confident.
Neutral
Meticulous. Passionate.
Negative
Immoral. Sadistic. Lustful.
Quotes:
"Such pale skin, it'll make a perfect coat."
Related Pictures:
'Helen' Baker-rifle-A25998
Her rifle 'Hawkeye' and its accompanying bayonet 'Talon'.
'Helen' ColonialhornDanielWardHorns2
Her engraved powder horn, made of the bones of a vampire.

Last edited by Christoph on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Do Felanthropes exist in Olden?
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:27 pm

So says pat and xeloras.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:12 am

400 yards. 1200 ft.

Denied to hell. Never coming back. Change it or I'll keep denying.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:28 am

Kain wrote:
400 yards. 1200 ft.

I'm on board with this, I mean in how the lore is setup, there is no way in the nine hells that you could forge a rifle of such maginitude.
I'd say in at least 50 or 75 years it would be able to but alas.

I'd say take it down a notch, its not like you really can to snipe in the area around Surna.

Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:53 am

Cakebread wrote:
Kain wrote:
400 yards. 1200 ft.

I'm on board with this, I mean in how the lore is setup, there is no way in the nine hells that you could forge a rifle of such maginitude.
I'd say in at least 50 or 75 years it would be able to but alas.

I'd say take it down a notch, its not like you really can to snipe in the area around Surna.

Lol, sorry. I'm a metric fag trying to do imperial.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 am

Halved the range. It's now 200 yards, or 182 meters, or 600 hundred feet.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:52 am

Christoph wrote:

Seems more acceptable, especially since an experienced archer can hit 100m+

But taking inaccuracy into account 150 or less would be more appropriate. We're talking turn of the era firearms, not the ones that would show up in about 10 years or so that are far more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Christoph wrote:

Seems more acceptable, especially since an experienced archer can hit 100m+

But taking inaccuracy into account 150 or less would be more appropriate. We're talking turn of the era firearms, not the ones that would show up in about 10 years or so that are far more accurate.
The gun is enchanted. There's a reason why's she's wanted in Occitan. It's probably worth 5000Shillings+
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:32 am

Christoph wrote:
But taking inaccuracy into account 150 or less would be more appropriate. We're talking turn of the era firearms, not the ones that would show up in about 10 years or so that are far more accurate. The gun is enchanted. There's a reason why's she's wanted in Occitan. It's probably worth 5000Shillings+

Hmmm. Well I suppose this checks out.

How / where did she get it enchanted? There's no way in hell an Occitanian noble would carry an enchanted rifle.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:41 am

Krug wrote:
Christoph wrote:
But taking inaccuracy into account 150 or less would be more appropriate. We're talking turn of the era firearms, not the ones that would show up in about 10 years or so that are far more accurate. The gun is enchanted. There's a reason why's she's wanted in Occitan. It's probably worth 5000Shillings+

Hmmm. Well I suppose this checks out.

How / where did she get it enchanted? There's no way in hell an Occitanian noble would carry an enchanted rifle.
I'm going to uhhh. Rewrite that bit in a bit. It seems a tad odd now that you mention it.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:54 am

I fixed the lore around the gun to make it not dumb.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:26 am

To be honest, I've thought about this and realised that the whole justification for guns in the timeskip was that we said, "it's okay, they just exemplify the period-change really well and they're so bloody ineffective that it'll never be like Old Olden's gun rampage that made us all hate guns in the first place."

And then there's an accurate rifle... EEEEEK. You could just sit on the wall, far away from earshot, and pop someone in a second. I'm not saying I don't trust you, I just find this very risky. It's going against the balancing factor of guns - why we allowed them in.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:31 am

Krug wrote:
To be honest, I've thought about this and realised that the whole justification for guns in the timeskip was that we said, "it's okay, they just exemplify the period-change really well and they're so bloody ineffective that it'll never be like Old Olden's gun rampage that made us all hate guns in the first place."

And then there's an accurate rifle... EEEEEK. You could just sit on the wall, far away from earshot, and pop someone in a second. I'm not saying I don't trust you, I just find this very risky. It's going against the balancing factor of guns - why we allowed them in.
Well, you've provided me a problem, and no solution. Also, I'd like opinions and stuff on the character. If anyone else has problems with this particular fascist of my character, I'd love to hear suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 am

There's the issue, which I discussed with Pat, about too many lycanthropes. Yes, this is a "were-cat", but as far as I understand it's the same thing.

By my count there are already three lycanthropes, and that's more than enough for me.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 am

Psycheandromida wrote:
There's the issue, which I discussed with Pat, about too many lycanthropes. Yes, this is a "were-cat", but as far as I understand it's the same thing.

By my count there are already three lycanthropes, and that's more than enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 am

For the record, the most accurate type of musket you could get away with from enchantments would only add an additional 200 ft, putting your maximum effective range at 300 ft, and for a trained shot, 400 ft.

I'd like to point out that a rifle like that costs in excess of 100,000 shillings and could kill an average man just by grazing him.

Look, even 60 ft advantage over the average musket is good, so I'd recommend you make the maximum effective range to be 240 ft, or 80 yards. This gives you a very large advantage without making it OP. And yes, 600 ft is an OP advantage. Even with a long reload time, no one can even conceive you're going to shoot them before it happens, which is and has always been the major flaw of guns.

Also, Psyche has a point about the were-people.

Last edited by Kain on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Not to make it seem like you're being kicked out of an exclusive group or anything stupid like that, but one thing Olden needs to avoid is having too many characters belonging to a certain trope or cliche. The same rule can apply for too many dark-and-brooding-Linkin-Park-Altair-Original-Character-Do-Not-Steal-Assassin archetypes, or even something simple like blacksmiths.

Dark Espadon had no restrictions on lycanthropes, and that was a train-wreck.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Not to make it seem like you're being kicked out of an exclusive group or anything stupid like that, but one thing Olden needs to avoid is having too many characters belonging to a certain trope or cliche. The same rule can apply for too many dark-and-brooding-Linkin-Park-Altair-Original-Character-Do-Not-Steal-Assassin archetypes, or even something simple like blacksmiths.

Dark Espadon had no restrictions on lycanthropes, and that was a train-wreck.
I really don't think my character caters to a certain trope. Felanthrope is a single aspect of my character, although an important one. I'll take your advice concerning the abilities of the rifle in question, but personally I don't think the other aspect is too much of a problem. And yes, DERP had major major problems with limiting, and it turned into a massive clusterfuck. I'm not going to emit Felanthrope from this character. If you think that is too much of a problem, I encourage you to toss in a deny.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 pm

I will do just that.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm afraid three something-thropes is too many as is.

no whatever
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Well olden successfully proves to be mainly dicks without giving any decent arguments.

Fix the rifle and I'll give my accept.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:12 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
Well olden successfully proves to be mainly dicks without giving any decent arguments.

i think people are saying we have too many animal people in general and dont need more, the gun is just a side problem.
plus he's already had an animal character, whom he managed to get PK'd, and the Tyrr girl
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
ViralHatred wrote:

i think people are saying we have too many animal people in general and dont need more, the gun is just a side problem.
plus he's already had an animal character, whom he managed to get PK'd, and the Tyrr girl
Why is having a character pk'd a bad thing? It happened through the course of legitimate roleplay. I am insult, sir.
Back to top Go down
Christoph

Christoph

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Oh, and the rifle is already fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'Helen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Helen'   'Helen' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Helen'