Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaotic [WIP]

Go down 
+8
Pat
Kain
Psycheandromida
Markka
themodtester
Xeloras
Krug
spit.respectable
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Chaotic [WIP] Image05

Characteristics
Race: Resurrected human corpse
Alignment True Chaotic, meaning his thirst for absolute chaos shall never end
Languages Common
Birthplace Unknown

Abilities

{||||||||||}
Chaos Magic Manipulation
Chaotic has been using Chaos Magic powers for almost twenty years now. (See spell list for abilities)
{||||||||||}
Stealth
The fact that he is good at being stealthy and also his body has decayed and weighs only about 75 pounds now are great towards his stealth skill.
{||||||||||
WIP[/i

Magic

[i]OOC: Will continue this shit later.

Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Goddamn music won't immbed right, anyways its Aint No Rest For The Wicked.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Dear god man the resize tool is your friend.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Quote :
Chaos Magic

Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Xeloras wrote:
Quote :
Chaos Magic

Oh god, poor Xeloras.
POOR.
POOR.
XELORAS.
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Xeloras wrote:
Quote :
Chaos Magic

What chaos magic are you thinking of? This could be entirely fucking different. give me spell examples.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Oh dear. Let us glance this over.

• 200 year old resurrected corpse.
  • Adept chaos manipulation.
  • "True Chaotic" alignment, likely meaning he exist only to destroy everything there is to screw up.
  • No explanation given.

I'm fairly certain that "resurrecting a corpse" would be a very difficult thing to do. While I'm not an adept with the lore, I can safely say that it would require an extremely experienced user of soul magic (Vitamancy?) to accomplish. A soul would be required to be attached to the body, or else it would be a mindless drone.

Secondly, wielding chaos magic is very close to impossible for any mortal being. To my understanding, chaos energy is the very energy of the stars, which are imprisoned eldritch abominations. Chaos energy defies the very existing reality and is the only force capable of resisting Ao's will.
Spells using the chaos energy would warp and distort reality to which all mortals are tied to. Even a momentary removal from the linear reality could destroy a mortal mind. You may want to glance at my character, Rhomylthja, for a few examples of spells. Chaos is an unimaginably powerful force, which eventually lead to Rhomylthja being bumped to special status, despite being very green in what she does, and what she was meant to do in the first place.

That is my rudimentary analysis based on my limited knowledge of the matter. Do correct me if I'm incorrect.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Quote :
and is the only force capable of resisting Ao's will.
>He doesn't know what Abyss is

Spoiler:

Markka actually did just save me a mouthful, there, so I don't have to talk about chaos magic, myself. What I can do is point out that 'True Chaotic' is not an alignment. If you're going to invent new moral standings, it's not one of the nine standard alignments anymore.

True Chaotic can either be conceived as someone who just wants to destroy everything, which is Chaotic Evil, or someone who is insane, which is mostly Chaotic Neutral.

Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:59 pm

This character cannot exist because Numbers. Not only deny but void, kbye.
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Well then, I was thinking of chaos energy that messed shit up on a much MUCH smaller scale, and remember this character is WIP, so I won't even have a basic bio for a while. But no matter what, I will always have a dark magic wielding corpse in some way. Also, first one to tell me where this guy came from and what the fuck this guy's name is gets an internet cookie and i'll check that rotting out application of yours and maybe approve it if shit's reasonable. Oh yeah, and he doesn't want to destroy everything and he isn't insane, he just loves absolute fucking chaos.

[EDIT] By bio I mean I will tell you why a corpse has been resurrected and can use magic, also, what would be magic that causes chaos on a small level, as in... well a lot smaller than tearing the universe apart, to that raising an army of the dead from a graveyard is fucking miniscule. Anyways, the main spells were going to be raising zombies and making enemies suddenly attack everyone.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:26 am

Quote :
Oh yeah, and he doesn't want to destroy everything and he isn't insane, he just loves absolute fucking chaos.

That makes no sense whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 am

raising zombies.

good god man.

NECROMANCY.

NECRO

MANCY.

Do not casually type up chaos magic ever again.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:03 am

Quote :
By bio I mean I will tell you why a corpse has been resurrected and can use magic, also, what would be magic that causes chaos on a small level, as in... well a lot smaller than tearing the universe apart, to that raising an army of the dead from a graveyard is fucking miniscule. Anyways, the main spells were going to be raising zombies and making enemies suddenly attack everyone.

Sometimes it's helpful to keep a WIP on notepad till all the critical details have been written into it.

Never saw the use of posting an unfinished character when you've got such a potentially volatile skillset.
f-bombs, f-bombs everywhere
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:38 am

Okay, i'll delete the thread but first I want to know what kind of magic would make enemies suddenly attack eachother. (I will repost it after shit gets straightened out.)
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 am

spit.respectable wrote:
Okay, i'll delete the thread but first I want to know what kind of magic would make enemies suddenly attack eachother. (I will repost it after shit gets straightened out.)

If they're enemies, I don't wager you'd need magic at all.

Kidding, sounds like illusion to me.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 am

Enchantment, as in, Enchantment of creatures, humanoids and/or monsters.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Kain wrote:

That would be the DnD version of it. Here it's illusion.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Pat wrote:
Kain wrote:

That would be the DnD version of it. Here it's illusion.

God damnit Kain, we're in Olden.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:59 pm

That's the name of the actual school of magic, though. The type of magic isn't necessarily dark, either. If you're trying to force a change on the mind, that's the magic you're using. If you're trying to deceive someone, you're using illusion magic, which can be , but isn't always shadow magic, it's just that shadow magic users greatly favor illusion magic.

Basically, you're using a neutral field of magic that can also be a dark magic, if you rely on shadow magic for your abilities. I believe demonologists and practitioners of demon-related magic may also use some mind compelling spells against humans and demons alike. However, this magic has been lost moreso than all other kinds over the years, so if you go thus route, expect your options to be limited.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Wow, you guys are relentless, let's give him pointers on how to make this guy acceptable,

And not like, deny him outright. Also Olden > D&D. Using D&D mechanics and principles is just confusing new / and even veteran players.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Thank you Zaku, full of wise words. Not being sarcastic btw.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:28 pm

My statement had nothing to do with DnD. I told him what sort of magic to look into if he wanted to create a chaotic/anarchic situation or an otherwise confusing situation that forces people against one another through magic

As for the autodeny, his first concept of the character was an impossible existence because he had the wrong idea of Olden's chaos magic and didn't understand how guarded it is in Aeria. When he clarified his concept of said magic, I did just as you asked, Zaku. I showed him what it was that he was looking for and gave him some options.

All he needs to do now is choose what route he likes and try again.
Back to top Go down
spit.respectable

spit.respectable

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Sorry to sound like a fucking moron, but where can I get the images for spells? Absolulutely none of my characters yet have had spells.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 pm

spit.respectable wrote:
Sorry to sound like a fucking moron, but where can I get the images for spells? Absolulutely none of my characters yet have had spells.

No need for images, just get creative.

And I have your spetum.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Although, if you would like some ideas, I know Marrka makes use of Warcarft III and WoW icons for purty spell pictures. I'm sure other games have similar icons. Borrow the pics from their wikis or something.

or make your own?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaotic [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaotic [WIP]   Chaotic [WIP] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaotic [WIP]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next