Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK

Go down 
+7
Markka
Mikoel
Gambit
Achosi
Cakebread
thorogoodd
Terracotta
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Terracotta

Terracotta

Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Empty
PostSubject: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm

The character you are applying it for(IT MUST BE YOUR OWN.) - Dereuk Safira
WHAT you are applying said character for. - A small, flintlock pistol
What the applicating items or equipment can do(IN DETAIL.) - Dereuk comes from the lands of Furoth, mainly a missionary of his faith, the land he comes from is rich with exotic currencies and technologies. Many new inventions and revolutions, living under a monarchy, this land is an island off of Surna, the empire is unknown to most. Dereuk was born in a family of strict followers of Solv Selderine, following under the gods of three and the demon god of Tioern, the temple, was their literal home. His mother was a slave to his father, his father being the priest of the temple, preaching the religion. He also conducted many stonings and burnings of heretics. Dereuk was announced as royalty to some in his empire, his father having more power in the town than the baron. He took four years of schooling in writing and reading, at age 12, he went to a university in Archial Studies, based on the scripture of the Solv Sedlerine. He graduated with a degree, considered a scholar. At age 14, he was considered taken into manhood, with his large wealth, he was able to buy himself a flintlock pistol, able to kill a man easily. He decided that his intelligence was useless, he considered going into warfare. He spent a year in a war academy, learning basic firing training. At this point, he was of many classes, and was appointed by the temple to travel to Surna, he arrived on boat, entering the town. He hides his weaponry, waiting for a point to take it out..
Where they are going to get, or have gotten said items. - He was given it to protect himself at many times, this may include against heretics, or plain fights.
Your SteamID. - STEAM_0:1:17149830 33:25 112 0 active
# 33 "Terracotta"
Why you think you should have these items. - I'm new, and I believe I deserve them because I know how to roleplay it correctly and would add exoticy to the roleplay.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Make a character page first.
Back to top Go down
Terracotta

Terracotta

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Making it at the moment, might as well make both at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh so now the tluiner is gonna get a gat and shoot me for not serving him?
Well come at me kid.

Besides, I'm a paladin of Tyr who's survived a hydra bite, werewolf throw and a giant crocodile hump.
Back to top Go down
Terracotta

Terracotta

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm a paladin for the church of Sul Sedlerine, fool.
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Cakebread wrote:
Besides, I'm a paladin of Tyr who's survived a hydra bite, werewolf throw and a giant crocodile hump.

Deven is a paladin of the Prophet's version of Tyr worship. Therefor he is a heretic. Also you've been officially labeled worst paladin of 2012. You can't beat Deven.

In serious news, I'm going to have to throw out a deny for the flintlock. I think it's been expressed quite clearly that the wheelock is the pinnacle of firing technology. I could be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Terracotta

Terracotta

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 pm

I've already mentioned in the applicaiton, not to argue, that it is a different empire with different technologies. Think of the Spanish coming to South America, except you're not idiotic tribals with spears and clubs.

Hopefully I don't have to explain why flintlocks aren't overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Flintlocks do not exist yet?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Terracotta

Terracotta

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:59 pm

As I have said, it is a different lands where technology is progressed differently, and they were invented in the 16'th century, and according to what people in the server said, it is around that time. 1400-1600.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Deny, conflicts with lore and such
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:46 pm

You don't yet have an approved character and flintlocks do not exist. Denied.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:05 am

You made up new lore without so much as talking to anyone about it. Automatic deny for that reason alone.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:59 am

Denied.

Even the most technically advanced city (I forget it's name but it already has halogen bulbs and electricity) doesn't have Flintlocks yet.

There are clear reasons for not having them, particularly the fact they require very little priming so can be pulled easily.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Christoph

Christoph

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:37 am

Cakebread wrote:
Oh so now the tluiner is gonna get a gat and shoot me for not serving him?
Well come at me kid.

Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:35 am

I saw the title and I thought...dah fuck, we do not have flint locks yet which we probably never shall so as with the others I shall throw a deny at this even though it might not matter as to what I have to say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 am

It's not even just lore. It's a matter of balance. One person with a flintlock pretty much makes everyone else's firearms obsolete. If one person gets one, everyone will want one.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 am

Hyperiant wrote:
It's not even just lore. It's a matter of balance. One person with a flintlock pretty much makes everyone else's firearms obsolete. If one person gets one, everyone will want one.

Alternatively we could make it so his Flintlock is instead a Snaphance and say it uses a brittle type of flint, so that after each shot it must be replaced.

This would fit in to the Olden timeline (Snaphance is circa 1550 onwards) but would better balance it. Especially since it would require cocking before firing (To avoid going off in ones pocket prior to firing at a target), would require reloading and also require the flint to be replaced.

Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK   Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Requesting Item = FLINTLOCK
Page 1 of 1