Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zulfaqar Karim

Go down 
+8
themodtester
Reager
PuPeT-KaI
Hyperiant
TRUlyjuST
ViralHatred
Krug
Pat
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:00 am

Zulfaqar Karim Midkemia_by_helmuttt-d45zubc

Name:
Zulfaqar Karim

Sex
Male

Race
Human

Ethnicity
Sidan - Talibarian mix

Birthplace
Sarkun, Iskandar

Skills & Attributes
(Numbers based on the average human of the same gender and equivalent age.)
1 - 3 below average
4 - 6 near average
7 -10 above average

Attributes
Spoiler:

Combat & General Magic

Spoiler:

Spells

Limitations
Zulfaqar can only cast a limited amount of spells per day. In order to to replenish his magical energy, he must have several hours of sleep. If Zulfaqar had used all of his magic for a day, it would take him 6-7 hours of sleep to regain all of his magical power (he regains magic at somewhere close to 15% per hour of sleep.)

0-Level Spells [30 spells per rest]

Spoiler:

1st-Level Spells [12 spells per rest]

Spoiler:

2nd-Level Spells [6 spells per rest]

Spoiler:

Aegis: The caster wraps himself or another target in a powerful barrier that renders the user immobile for the sake of significant protection. Target is unable to cast any spells until the end of the spell. Resists physical as well as projectile attacks, including bullets. (drains energy; can be dispelled)

Artificial Guardian: The mage undergoes an extensive ritual designed to give limited sentience and animation to a collection of stone and earth. Creates a golem guardian. Cannot be used as a normal spell.

Physical Description

Height
5'9" ft.

Build
Slender

Hair Color
Grey

Eye Color
Grey

Skin Color
Caucasian, pale

Inventory

Zulfaqar's ornate Cordonium tipped staff
Hooded Green Magister's robes
Fine Tunic & Trousers
Historical Tomes x4 ("light reading)
Ink and Parchment x10 (enough for 10 spell scrolls)
2x Scrolls of 'Shield'
1x Scroll of 'Feather Fall'
1x Scroll of 'Slow'
3x Scrolls of 'Blast'
1x Scroll of 'Animate Avian'
1x Scroll of 'Explosive Rune'

Biography:

Spoiler:

Alignment
Neutral Evil

Deity
None. Zulfaqar rejects the sovereignty of all Gods.

Current Tasks

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 am

So, yeah, this is still a WIP. Perceptive members will note that the format and many of the spells are ripped straight from Spadge's character, Maerd Silbern. This is because spadge previously gave me permission to rework the character because he didn't want it anymore, and a lot of stuff I had hoped to put in my own character was stuffed in his. Even though this character is quite different from what Maerd is / was.

Note this is one of two characters I've planned whose purpose is really to give me a somewhat simple, interesting character for me to fiddle around with. I specifically wanted this character to explore magic options I never really looked into while playing Zayl.

So, there'll be a backstory with some good lore bits, but this is up atm mostly so you can take a look at the spells and deny the character for being overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:34 am

So many spells. So, so many.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:57 am

Krug wrote:

But if you interpret rest as being using the character per real-time-day then it's kinda not op.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:29 am

Not going to lie, I was kinda thinking that book looked like the Necronomicon at first, and I was hoping for a mad cultist.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:30 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Krug wrote:

But if you interpret rest as being using the character per real-time-day then it's kinda not op.
48 spells a day. Every day. Just under fifty. When would he need fifty spells a day?

And that's just the rest = day interpretation. What if the character rests for 8 hours midday? If that's real-time (and I've seen many characters timeskip their sleeping periods) then the number doubles to just under a hundred spells. If the character really wanted to push it, they could sleep for 8 hours three times a day. They'd hardly be awake, but in the periods that they were...it'd be pretty ridiculous.

But I have a bias against magic. So I'm not going to accept or reject. Just something to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Quote :
Neutral Evil

just what we need
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm

I will approve if I can be the kitty on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
themodtester

themodtester

Character sheet
Name:

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm

I will approve if he has no arms
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:18 pm

This guy seems like either a arch mage or just a high end mage.

Maybe he should get some apprenticeship going about, that would be cool, seeing as magic learning is at bottle-necked low.

Accepetmente if you don't screw things up like pulling an Elminister.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Yeah, he's got a lot of spells, and that's because he has nothing else BUT spells. This guy looks upon anyone without magic or not using magic as a barbarian. I haven't decided yet if he's the type of person to literally use the 'open/close' spell to open any door, bottle, and chest he ever comes across.

Quote :

And that's just the rest = day interpretation. What if the character rests for 8 hours midday? If that's real-time (and I've seen many characters timeskip their sleeping periods) then the number doubles to just under a hundred spells. If the character really wanted to push it, they could sleep for 8 hours three times a day. They'd hardly be awake, but in the periods that they were...it'd be pretty ridiculous.

But..I wouldn't do that. Because that would be an incredibly assholish move.

Consider that, before, I had an infinite number of spells per day from Zayl. I wasn't an ass enough to just spam lightning bolt on every surface in town, but the idea is that I had nothing to go on but a rough idea of his fatigue. With this system, I have a definite idea of what I can do every day. I can reduce some of the numbers, if you wanted.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:45 pm

First and foremost, the 30 0-level spells aren't a big deal because they are weak and do mostly miscellaneous things. They can be used cleverly but that's about it. That said, a mage ever having 30 spells in one category rarely happens.

The 12 level 1 spells is some slight cause for concern. The 6 level 2, eh, close enough.

If we assume he's a level 5 sorceror and factor in his intelligence, (which appears to be what you've gone for,) his actual scores would go more like:

level 0 - 6 spells - no bonuses here.
level 1 - 8 spells ( 6 base and 2 from intellect)
level 2 - 5 spells ( 4 base 1 intellect )

note these numbers are different on alec because i have a bonus from spellcraft, which is not typical. However, since people seem to like having many spells at their disposal, we could extend this to other casters. So with that, we look at a max of 8 spellcraft, with a bonus of 2 from his int, and if he chooses skill focus and magical aptitude feats, +3 and +2 respectively, so a total of 13 spellcraft, granting a bonus of 3 per spell level. So you get something more like this:

level 0 - 9 spells ( 6 base + 3 Spellcraft )
level 1 - 11 spells ( 6 base + 2 intellect + 3 Spellcraft)
level 2 - 8 spells ( 4 base + 1 intellect + 3 Spellcraft )

28 spells in total.

Lastly, just because you have a level 2 spell slot does not mean it must be used on a level 2 spell, it can also be used on a lower level spell (which may be a little wasteful, but if you have to stack up on certain spells, you can).

Anyway, that's how things look from a dnd perspective, because the format of this character is based on dnd after all.

Last edited by Kain on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RipTheHorizon

RipTheHorizon

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Quote :
If we assume he's a level 5 sorceror and factor in his intelligence, (which appears to be what you've gone for,) his actual scores would go more like:

That seems kind of weird to me, to be honest. Scores under 10 in DnD 3.5 is very very low. I haven't really tried pathfinder or 4.0 though, so maybe it's different there, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Pat obviously did not roll the character, he just made it as wished. I'm just giving him a comparison of what you would actually get in his situation. as opposed to his guesses.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:03 am

Kain wrote:
Pat obviously did not roll the character, he just made it as wished. I'm just giving him a comparison of what you would actually get in his situation. as opposed to his guesses.

Elminister's stats weren't rolled as well, hes multiclassed into a fighter/theif/mage.
Oh shit~
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am

Pat wrote:
But..I wouldn't do that. Because that would be an incredibly assholish move.

Consider that, before, I had an infinite number of spells per day from Zayl. I wasn't an ass enough to just spam lightning bolt on every surface in town, but the idea is that I had nothing to go on but a rough idea of his fatigue. With this system, I have a definite idea of what I can do every day. I can reduce some of the numbers, if you wanted.
Zayl always was pretty overpowered. I guess, though, as an admin, you should (of any member) be trusted with this kind of power.

Cast responsibly.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:09 am

Moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zulfaqar Karim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zulfaqar Karim   Zulfaqar Karim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zulfaqar Karim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters-
Jump to: