Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taking things on a more "Character" level.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Taking things on a more "Character" level. Empty
PostSubject: Taking things on a more "Character" level.   Taking things on a more "Character" level. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:00 am

Remember that when you are IC:

• OOC does not matter. It's a whole different world.

• The typos you make can be taken as a slip of the tongue. I for one correct all of my typos ICly, as in: "Hey, can you hlpe me with this?" "Oh, er, I mean uh. *cough* Help, please? *nodnod.*" This of course doesn't count actions(/me's). See, if you don't talk flawlessly IRL(which I'm most certain you atleast make one or two mistakes in your day), there's no reason you would IC. If you want your char to make no tongue-slips and be a perfect linguist, SLOW DOWN and TYPE SLOWLY before you hit the enter button.

• Nobody gives a crap what you think about a person OOCly. Treat them ICly as you would treat them ICly. Not OOCly. OOC Spite toward a person bleeding into IC hatred is ridiculously immature.

• When you're RPing, do not use OOC unless it is one hundred percent necessary. Ridiculous jokes are not funny. They waste roleplay time and need to be hushed. If you need to say something to someone, the natural suggestion is to do it privately (through /PM's and such).

• It can be fun to take everything ICly. Even if it looks OOC. It adds to the random and interesting occurrences and, if you don't want it noticed IC, don't make it OOC! If you're building something it might be good to use scaffolds or hide it behind some wall of magic or some such so it can be taken ICly and there is no confusion. That or just make it in singleplayer. (this applies for the server mostly, however)

• If you make a mistake why go back and correct it? Go with it! It might end up going to some random and unexpected direction, and nothing in our day is perfect. Take IC things as they go and don't stop them OOCly unless you really need to. It makes it MUCH more fun and more opportunities and such will be opened. It's YOUR choice if you choose to snatch them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking things on a more "Character" level.   Taking things on a more "Character" level. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:50 am

Quote :
GeoWulf said:
If you make a mistake why go back and correct it? Go with it! It might end up going to some random and unexpected direction, and nothing in our day is perfect. Take IC things as they go and don't stop them OOCly unless you really need to. It makes it MUCH more fun and more opportunities and such will be opened. It's YOUR choice if you choose to snatch them.
Yes this is true, I nearly went back and edited things I done on one of my characters, but instead I didn't and I had a really fun SFRP with Geo and my character was converted from Cyricist to Banite Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Taking things on a more "Character" level.   Taking things on a more "Character" level. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Even though I totally flunked and was busy, but yeah. :v
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking things on a more "Character" level.   Taking things on a more "Character" level. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking things on a more "Character" level.
Page 1 of 1