Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My questions on the future.

Go down 
+2
TRUlyjuST
Donixs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

My questions on the future. Empty
PostSubject: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:11 am

GeoWulf wrote:
Do not give up! We're almost to our goal, PLEASE stay with us and help us support and rebuild to what we promised everyone at our eve!

What is our goal? When will we achieve our goal? What was promised? How can you rebuild something that was smashed into billions of pieces? Olden is dead, and Aeria is the afterimage of it. Unless you can make Aeria a exact replicate of the OLD Olden, there isn't much to achieve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:27 pm

Donixs wrote:
Unless you can make Aeria a exact replicate of the OLD Olden, there isn't much to achieve.

This would be the ultimate goal, to make Aeria so good that it becomes Olden again.

And I can't see why that would be so hard.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:39 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Donixs wrote:
Unless you can make Aeria a exact replicate of the OLD Olden, there isn't much to achieve.

This would be the ultimate goal, to make Aeria so good that it becomes Olden again.

And I can't see why that would be so hard.

But tell me then, how do you think they could achieve it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:45 pm

Maybe, by just playing and enjoying themselves? I mean, there isn't much difference between Olden and Aeria.

We've already made a lot of good changes, people just don't want to accept the fact Aeria is just as enjoyable.

Obviously we can't make rash decisions right now cause we don't have a server and we're not influenced by the fun we would be having.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Maybe, by just playing and enjoying themselves? I mean, there isn't much difference between Olden and Aeria.

We've already made a lot of good changes, people just don't want to accept the fact Aeria is just as enjoyable.

Obviously we can't make rash decisions right now cause we don't have a server and we're not influenced by the fun we would be having.

Or maybe we can make decisions because we aren't influenced by 'fun' and say everything is all good and happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't get it. What do you mean by that? Don't you want Aeria to be like Olden, ie - fun and happy?
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:32 pm

With this sort of things, it boils down to something very simple. If people are having fun, we are doing a good job, if they aren't, we need to change something.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Kruggly wrote:
I don't get it. What do you mean by that? Don't you want Aeria to be like Olden, ie - fun and happy?

I want Olden to be fun and happy, but if we are all happy and having fun, we THINK everything is alright, and we over look major problems that could lead us to our downfall.

One example was admins approved PRETTY MUCH every application, and when we found out they couldn't handle them, nobody decided to confront them because admins didn't want people to think badly of them. We didn't remove their abilities, we allowed them to just go on and let the players just PK them.

Another example is that no admin ENFORCED the PK consent rule, which victim had to consent with the PK or it wouldnt be a PK.

And to Tru, America was happy, doing good, and having fun, but in the background, the setting in of the recession was starting, and nobody decided to do anything about it, thinking that it would just fix itself untill it became a problem.
Back to top Go down
AgitoLink

AgitoLink

Character sheet
Name: Agito Yokrui
Race: Dragoon

PostSubject: This Brings me to somthing!   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:07 pm

That person Orange Juice or FlipJuice ive totally forgotten the name now. Got there character Pk'ed for nothing because smart ass Geo right over there decided to take a dislike to this person. That person which i forget the name but will be called "Juice" Was a very good member to olden and did not abuse there admin inforced the rules and was fun and kind to all members. And i would like to know how this is all going to pieace togther. This is just getting to the point of shit cakes. I vote we get answers: And now!
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:34 pm

If it was before I took my break it's no longer relevant to my attitude.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:59 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
If it was before I took my break it's no longer relevant to my attitude.

If your personal problems affect the way you admin the server, then don't admin the server.

Enough said.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:15 pm

Has nothing to do with personal problems. They're already gone and passed because I -did- go on a break.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:18 pm

Oh the nostalgia
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:29 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
Has nothing to do with personal problems. They're already gone and passed because I -did- go on a break.

But this occurred before your break, so it does have to do with personal problems. And how do we know your break really solved everything? A break doesn't sound like a permanent fix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 am

But what if it was a permanent fix, and why the hell are you arguing over that?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:49 am

Exactly. It did fix the problems, this, I know, this, I understand, and thus, I dub it as such.

Believe or not. Your call. When I took it, I had worked non-stop since Olden started. I had no real breaks that actually allowed me the required duration to think on things I hadn't thought on, which is what I had needed.

Disagreement solved. No need to surface it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:06 am

We shouldn't ask questions about serious issues right now in these times.

Hold your thoughts until things get a little less dark and gloomy. Optimism is what we need, not senseless emo brooding and Mack-esque criticism of how we work - which in the end just never turns out bad. It just leads to people leaving, and negative feelings all around.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Kruggly wrote:
We shouldn't ask questions about serious issues right now in these times.

Hold your thoughts until things get a little less dark and gloomy. Optimism is what we need, not senseless emo brooding and Mack-esque criticism of how we work - which in the end just never turns out bad. It just leads to people leaving, and negative feelings all around.

So, you are saying, for example, we should let a slightly broken pipe stay the way it is until it completely breaks? These serious issues need to be dealt with as soon as possible, not put them off until they become a bigger problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:23 pm

But what if they never become a bigger problem - you're the one aggravating the problems by bringing them up.

I reallly can't see many major issues. Or is this just me?
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Kruggly wrote:
But what if they never become a bigger problem - you're the one aggravating the problems by bringing them up.

I reallly can't see many major issues. Or is this just me?

People look the other way when problems begin to arise.

And maybe they won't become a bigger problem, and maybe they will, or maybe we can make sure they never do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My questions on the future.   My questions on the future. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My questions on the future.
Page 1 of 1