Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Couple questions about surna

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Couple questions about surna Empty
PostSubject: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Title.
  • 1. How much does it cost to rebuild the tavern everytime it explodes? Is surna poor?
  • 2. Is the water safe to drink? I heard that people bathe in it, and uh.. "go", in it.
  • 3. What the hell is wrong with the populace in general?

Sorry if they seem unserious, i've just been thinking a lot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:16 pm

1, I'd have to say not much. Last time it was blown up, Kain forced Marcus (Pff. Like he did anything) Zaku, and Garth to rebuild it themselves. But then there's the building material costs..

2. Since the water flows freely, I'd say as long as nobody's bathing or taking a piss upstream from you, you can drink it.

3. They're all twats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 am

Personally I wouldn't drink the water, it looks a bit iffy.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:10 am

As a wise NPC once said, "Don't drink the water."

But, then again, he was probably partially insane. Upstream water is, more or less, okay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 am

What NPC?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:13 am

That one at the beginning of HL2, in the train station. He never had a name, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 am

One of the citizens?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:00 am

Oh, another question.
Why does everyone in surna have so much goddamn money?
There are barely any jobs avaliable, Why can everyone afford a revolver, a mansion, and all that other stuff? The best that a -few- of citizens could afford is a small, damp, dark, crappy shack, the rest would be homeless on the streets. Yet somehow you're all running around like a bunch of posh freakin' Tenpennies! I understand a few people have.. uh, odd jobs, but it's still odd that 70% of it's populace runs around jobless.

(Big text makes me look important :3)
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:23 am

Kallistia wrote:
Oh, another question.
There are barely any jobs avaliable, Why can everyone afford a revolver, a mansion, and all that other stuff? The best that a -few- of citizens could afford is a small, damp, dark, crappy shack, the rest would be homeless on the streets. Yet somehow you're all running around like a bunch of posh freakin' Tenpennies! I understand a few people have.. uh, odd jobs, but it's still odd that 70% of it's populace runs around jobless.

Some of us are getting free houses from Zaku. kekeke
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:24 am

Gambit wrote:
Kallistia wrote:
Oh, another question.

Some of us are getting free houses from Zaku. kekeke
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE I'm gonna go kill somebody, brb.
And zaku, money isn't unlimited. >:O
As I heard from psyche,

Narran - High off Headcrabs: How much loot can you get from a dragon? Really
Psyche has an angry wet cat.: Uh actually
Psyche has an angry wet cat.: Unless you have the proper tools and equipment to retrieve the scales
Psyche has an angry wet cat.: not a lot
Narran - High off Headcrabs: ._.
Psyche has an angry wet cat.: If you spent all your money to get the necessary stuff FROM a dragon,
Psyche has an angry wet cat.: I imagine that would be a very small fortune
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:58 am

Dragons typically sleep on a giant mound of treasure...>_>
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:00 am

He got one million for selling his wife >.>

That is what he is using.

He had a lot more money before that. (I think)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:01 am

Gambit wrote:

Mhm.

Well, when you're giving houses away like christmas presents, something's veeery wrong.

Also, lolslavery

TRUlyjuST wrote:

How would one carry all this, did they have a giant wagon?

Or did they just keep coming back for moar
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:10 am

Kallistia wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Mhm.

Well, when you're giving houses away like christmas presents, something's veeery wrong.

Also, lolslavery

TRUlyjuST wrote:

How would one carry all this, did they have a giant wagon?

Or did they just keep coming back for moar

It ain't free.

I am teaching him magic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:43 am

Gambit wrote:
It ain't free.
I am teaching him magic

Which I hope you realize isn't possible. You need to be a faction teacher to train characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:43 am

Psyche wrote:
Gambit wrote:
It ain't free.
I am teaching him magic

Which I hope you realize isn't possible. You need to be a faction teacher to train characters.

Official faction trainer or be faction certified.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:27 am

Rutabega wrote:
Psyche wrote:
Gambit wrote:
It ain't free.
I am teaching him magic

Official faction trainer or be faction certified.

Pat said at one point he could teach at the Plenary when and if he gets it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:51 am

Money related:

Edward = semi-rich cause he still has plenty leftover from when he got payed a shitload for saving those
mage plenary students. Plus he's in the guard Razz

Limna = gets money from Kard, which Vael stole a shitload of and gave to Kard.

Eiken = Has little leftover from that 1k that his dad gave him to help out taking care of Eclipse. (but I'm guessing
that Delana is dead too, cause Redpet isn't really playing with us anymore. Even though his unban was approved.
And that kinda leaves noone to take care of Eclipse, so let's just say Eiken put her in the orphanage.)

And I'm not going to be playing Richard until further notice. When he "gets back" he'll either have a bunch of
money from doing traveling hand-helper jobs or w/e (cause he catches and cooks his own food), or still have
very little money leftover from when he left, cause he's be buying food on occasion to keep himself from
starving. (cause he can bare the pain of hunger, until he starts losing too much energy 'n shit from famine)

So, all of my chars have any amount of money inbetween dirt poor and second/middle class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:40 am

Zaku has gotten money from a few different sources,

A) Slaying Tyaminorel - Looting his Treasure Trove
B) All the Quests he went on.
C) Criminal Dealings - Drug Dealings - Assassinations
D) Selling his Wife to Lance Kimeji

And, why the hell can he -NOT- train me?.. Maybe you guys should get off your ass and actually MAKE faction leaders. Until then, I'm taking all his training IC. You want him to get certified? You take the initiative to actually make factions in the first place. Because the only one alive is the Guard. And we know they're a pile of shit.

And, nobody said his house was a fucking mansion. Plus, over 1,000,000 Gold =/= 1,000,000 Dollars. If that's how you're thinking things through. Gold is the highest of the three currencies. The other two being Copper, and Silver.

Plus, Zaku hasn't even bought himself a god damn house, he's living in the TAVERN. So, yes, he'd have the money to buy Melian a Middle-Class home, EASILY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Um.. I'm confused still... Is gold officially the only currency for humans or is it gold silver and copper?

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

Mad
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Copper is one 100th of a gold piece, silver is one 10th of a gold piece, and gold is one 1th of a gold piece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:01 pm

I thought we were only using gold.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:02 pm

If we're using other substances, that's the conversion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 pm

I thought it was

1 gold = 100 silver = 10,000 copper.

So confused...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 pm

We only use gold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple questions about surna   Couple questions about surna Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple questions about surna
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next