Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Children Characters - Period

Go down 
+2
kamaitama
Donixs
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:56 pm

kamaitama wrote:
Uberman7788 wrote:
Gather all children, slit their throats, throw them in the river, and then the world will be exactly like oblivion.

Maybe you were trying to be funny, but this is actually a good point.

Having child characters add variety not found anywhere else, it's actually something original you don't see at all in GMod. And let's face it, kids actually add alot of emotional roleplay that is hard to do with adults.

It's as simple as this, people, instead of yelling at eachother, let's get to the middle point, I propose adding a set of rules specific for child characters.

1) A child character is every character that is or looks less than 13. Excused are races that age faster, as long as they don't still look like kids if their ages are under 13.

2) Child characters cannot apply for any abilities. I propose adding something in the lore, as to show that magic only manifests upon maturity, or entrance of which.

3) Anyone found using it's child char, or trying to get a child character for anything regarding rule 8, of sexual acts and talk, is to be banned.

4) Child characters are optional, they cannot be your main character.

5) IC Law: Parentless children are to stay on a foster home, unless adopted.

I think that's enough as to regulate them and keep them in check.

Kam, I think I just fell in love.

Everything you said right there is beautiful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Quote :
I shouldn't be punished for something I didn't know.

That's like getting pulled over for drunk driving and saying "I'M SORRY OFFICER! I DIDN'T MEAN TO RUN THAT MAN OVER!

And Kam has alot of good points.
Kids should not be main characters, they are not to have magical abilities, and they are not to perform Sex RP, and ICly they need to be in a foster home or they'll get put into one.

I love this, Kam. I petition for this to be put into action immeaditly.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm

I agree with most of Kama's ideas, another thing to be brought to the next HA meeting, also.

Quote :
8. Explicit Sex Talk AND roleplay is not allowed on the server OR the forums. Things like Kissing, simple IC nudity, and mild, "tasteful" sexual topics do not count. This means: No nude pictures, explicit content or conversations, or suggestive material are allowed. Take it to Steam Friends ONLY. Pregnancy / Children / Minor IC mention is all okay. Do not tell anyone about your sensual encounters / experiences in OldenRP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 pm

I officially retract my accepts and change them to a deny when someone abuses any character.

Consider all my accepts on kid chars nullified.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Kruggly wrote:
I officially retract my accepts and change them to a deny when someone abuses any character.

Consider all my accepts on kid chars nullified.

Same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Lynn was approved by Ruta and Tru. I have nothing else to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 am

I myself figure that for every child character, that more or less follows Kam's guidelines/rules you must have at least one active adult character and he/she must remain active.

And on that note. Zaku, stop the preaching, I'm getting tired of it. You sound -EXACTLY- like Mack before he got better and we had to ban him. I've made it clear I won't allow for that kind of bullshit here.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:23 am

Here's another reason: We should have more adults than kids anyway. So if we let people influx them without permission, what do we have? Olden being a pre-school playground instead of a fantasy roleplay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:03 am

Rutabega wrote:
I myself figure that for every child character, that more or less follows Kam's guidelines/rules you must have at least one active adult character and he/she must remain active.

And on that note. Zaku, stop the preaching, I'm getting tired of it. You sound -EXACTLY- like Mack before he got better and we had to ban him. I've made it clear I won't allow for that kind of bullshit here.

So, you plan on banning me for trying to get the damn rules enforced? Sorry, for expressing myself. And I have to be blunt because half the fuckin' people here are immature little kids, and unless you hammer the shit in their head they don't understand.

Go ahead, ban me for expressing what I think, but rules should be enforced.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:43 am

Zaku350 wrote:
Rutabega wrote:

So, you plan on banning me for trying to get the damn rules enforced? Sorry, for expressing myself. And I have to be blunt because half the fuckin' people here are immature little kids, and unless you hammer the shit in their head they don't understand.

Go ahead, ban me for expressing what I think, but rules should be enforced.

Epic win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:47 am

Zaku, you're expressing the right things in the wrong ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 pm

I have to disagree with a few of the rules that Kam is suggesting

Quote :
Kid characters cannot be main characters

Then I (and I think another or two) wouldn't have a main character.

Quote :
Kid chars can't app for magic, they have to mature before magic can manifest in them

If this rule were put into place, I would litterely have to completely destroy Richard's RP since I made him.

There's not a single day I RPed him without using magic.

I don't really have a problem with the rest of what he's suggesting. (cause sex should be restricted to 16+)

(And orphans should either be taken in by a public service, or be adopted.)

(
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
I have to disagree with a few of the rules that Kam is suggesting

Quote :
Kid characters cannot be main characters

Quote :
Kid chars can't app for magic, they have to mature before magic can manifest in them

If this rule were put into place, I would litterely have to completely destroy Richard's RP since I made him.

There's not a single day I RPed him without using magic.

I don't really have a problem with the rest of what he's suggesting. (cause sex should be restricted to 16+)

(And orphans should either be taken in by a public service, or be adopted.)

(

And alot of people have a problem with your character. See where I'm getting at?

You shouldn't be the excuse of the rule, no one should, I think the whole thing has it's pretty considerate exceptions.

To be honest, I don't even know why you made that character 11, if all, he should be far older, considerably around the 14, 16 year range.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:

So make a new one!

Quote :

Richard Crimson wrote:

No, just from since the rule did. You could toss out his magic power and continue RPing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Say he got MAIDS. Magical AIDs. You can't cast until you're a certain age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:01 pm

If these rules are going to be enforced, what becomes of the Kids that got through the system the first time.

We know these people have proven themselves NOT-RESPONSIBLE for Child-Characters. I think we know which children we're talking about.

If we let them go on, prancing about with their skirts up, we're going to be contradictory. We have to fix the problem, instead of just letting it slide. Once you let one slide, you let 'em all slide. That's how it always works.

Kill the problem where it began, then fix it.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:11 pm

I vote we get a child serial killer/something to go around abducting/killing kids, to lower the population of them.
However.
Then we run into the OP kid...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm

I tried,

And Ness switched characters as soon as I got on him. So it won't work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Smile

I only go on Kitero now when Zaku isn't on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Not something you should be smiling about, seeing as you basically upstarted this entire hate against child-characters.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Remove the magic plague and make a child plague.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 pm

Working on it Donixs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Ness Tea wrote:
I only go on Kitero now when Zaku isn't on.

That's terrible RP. Consider changing your policies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:27 pm

I was kidding. >.<

Either way, Phenisys is my new main character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: lol   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:37 pm

lol, butt fucking kids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Children Characters - Period   No Children Characters - Period - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Children Characters - Period
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next