Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race models

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:44 pm

So, while I was working on the new features of the script, I came to realize, having everyone with the HL2 citizen models, when now races are discernable by size and other things is kinda lame.

I was wondering, maybe we can get ourselves a modelpack with more lore based models ( Master Chief for guards? We could use this instead ), and specifically race based models, make it something like 100, 150 mb and set up an SVN and download for it. However, we need models, and that's where I need you guys' help.

Recommendations as to where to find Source compatible models

-Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Models are free to use for personal uses, we're not selling them)
-Age of Chivalry, free medieval HL2 mod.
-Eclipse, free HL2 mod (http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/eclipse/index.html)
-Any HL2 mod.
-www.garrysmod.org
-www.fpsbanana.com

NOTE:

Preferibably, find NPC models. Player models won't work as they are with the script. I however, can rerig them to have NPC animations. I can also hex (Make unique) reskins for them to not override stuff. I however cannot compile animations into models that don't use the standard citizen skeleton ( You'll notice, quickly, if it's for example a ragdoll that is bigger or smaller than a citizen).

Oh, also, if you find a model, make sure it is for HL2 (Source) engine, else it's very unlikely I'll be able to do anything with it.

Ideas? Model suggestions? Complaints? Post 'em up.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 pm

If you can get these to work, you'll be doing good.But, also.. We've been trying to limit our Content pack from beinghttp://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=64309
Back to top Go down

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:00 pm

TRUlyjuST wrote:
If you can get these to work, you'll be doing good.But, also.. We've been trying to limit our Content pack from beinghttp://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=64309

I personally don't think that everything should looks medieval. Fantasy isn't medieval, although it uses medieval elements. I guess I can extract some good models outta that.

Ness Tea wrote:
http://aeria.omgforum.net/recommendations-f4/armor-and-weapons-models-t1038.htm

Those models I'm suggesting on this thread.

As for the props and stuff, I actually have a script I and a friend wrote a long time ago, that allows welding stuff to player flawlessly and without much tinkering. I'll try to see if I can include it into the next update.
Back to top Go down

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:41 am

All depends on animaitons, being the user of Olden's buggiest model, that's all I can say.
Back to top Go down

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:22 pm

I did actually download those models to put on the server and was going to ask the admins should I put them on, but then I failed at FTP'n stuff Razz . Ness told me to get them, along with some weapon models, which were pretty neat. And lastly, take into consideration the amount of races we have in our gamemmode.
Back to top Go down

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Rossii, it's great that you provide the server, but please leave everything to the people who know what they're doing. To be honest, you haven't succeeded in installing anything but the map so far.
Back to top Go down

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Mack wrote:
Rossii, it's great that you provide the server, but please leave everything to the people who know what they're doing. To be honest, you haven't succeeded in installing anything but the map so far.

This.

Let the Technicians take care of it, please.
Back to top Go down

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:36 am

Mack wrote:

Oh god, agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race models   Race models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race models
Page 1 of 1