Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

[APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Quote :
They're subject to light, they don't go outside during the day.

I missed that part. But then they would rarely even be played, seeing how the server's nights are during my day, and during my day, everyone else but the UKers are asleep or away.

Quote :
Illithids are much stronger then most races, but they're rare.
Quote :
They're not people, they're monsters.

Well then it would be creature. And if they're rare, and only out during the night, I fail to see why they should even be implemented. There would be maybe one, and he wouldn't be able to be RPed due to the limitations of light.

Quote :
And there are nerfs, if you guys bothered to read it. Since you like to preach so much.

I did read it through as to ensure my "preaching" as you call it would be justified. I always back my arguments up. I did not see a single nerf in the text. And really, having them night-only isn't much of a con, seeing how they can blow your mind away with a blink of the eye.

And really, Zaku. Stop calling it preaching, only because I don't like what you copy-pasted. It's offensive.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Well it certainly is hard to respond to this thread, considering the posts that pop into existence every time I try
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Drakeson, you fucking retard.

Speaking into people's minds, is Psyhic. And it ruined alot:

**Demon Hunter Fgt sits in his chair, grabs your thoughts, as an excuse to metagame**

And your shitty roleplay ruins shit for the rest of the community.

And on topic, before Drakeson throws another pussy-fit. If everything was balanced, there would be no foes. We need enemies, we need bad-guys. We need someone to fight. Besides ourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Quote :
So the little kiddies don't start attacking one another for the sake of it, Drakeson for example.

Quote :
Your shitty roleplay is going to end up ruining it for the rest of us, because people base everything on the terrible, retarded example you left.

Alright, Zaku. Now you're just flat out flaming. Calm the hell down. It's just a racial suggestion. Bloody hell. And you talk about being immature.

Quote :

So fuck off, I didn't leave shit.
So yet again
Get your facts straight buddy.

Drakeson, you too. Stop the fucking flaming. You're both entitled to a suspension from the forums now according to the rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Quote :

**Demon Hunter Fgt sits in his chair, grabs your thoughts, as an excuse to metagame**

Said it once, going to say it again. Stop the god damned flaming. You're both acting like kids.

Quote :
If everything was balanced, there would be no foes. We need enemies, we need bad-guys. We need someone to fight. Besides ourselves.

If they're that rare, there won't be much to fight. So, I suggest nerfing the powers a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Lulz, okay sure I ain't saying nothing more because I already stated my opinions ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:25 pm

If I nerfed the powers, they'd be weak. They're supposed to be rare, and strong. They're supposed to control others to do their work for them. They're leaders, king-pins if you will. They're not fighters, they don't do the work themselves.

And Drakeson, we didn't need a post to know you've shut up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Errr, I think I just wanted to posted as I said my opinions is that there to powerful. Thats all I have to say.

Psychic never worked, even before me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:26 pm

We've already heard it. You've already posted. Leave the thread open for others, please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Mack wrote:
Quote :
They're subject to light, they don't go outside during the day.

I missed that part. But then they would rarely even be played, seeing how the server's nights are during my day, and during my day, everyone else but the UKers are asleep or away.

Well there's a slap to your own face, bitching about people not properly reading the thread and then missing something like that?

Quote :
And really, Zaku. Stop calling it preaching, only because I don't like what you copy-pasted. It's offensive.

I think you should have to agree there Zaku, because if anyone knows what preaching is, it's Mack.

And honnestly are you guys going to drag us through all that bullshit between you two again? Because if so expect punishment to be both sooner and harsher. That being directed to Drake and Zaku.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm keeping my cool, I'm just awaiting for opinions, and expressing myself. But instead, people are revolving around Drakeson's little grudge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Quote :

Don't comment on it then. You're just feeding the flamewar. Bloody hell.

Quote :
If I nerfed the powers, they'd be weak. They're supposed to be rare, and strong. They're supposed to control others to do their work for them. They're leaders, king-pins if you will. They're not fighters, they don't do the work themselves.

If they're so powerful, then I don't think they should be roleplayed. I oppose the roleplaying of gods. I noticed what it did to me while I had Shar. I got too much power at once. And that's a bad thing.

No matter how good of a roleplayer you are, power was created for using, and in most cases abusing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
I'm keeping my cool, I'm just awaiting for opinions, and expressing myself. But instead, people are revolving around Drakeson's little grudge.

Do note;
I have no grudge I state my opinions then this happens ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Quote :
Well there's a slap to your own face, bitching about people not properly reading the thread and then missing something like that?

I did read it through. But I must have missed it. Either it wasn't there in the first place, or it was heavily encrypted in the text.

Quote :

I gave you opinions. But you drowned them by flaming Drakeson, and him flaming you back. And nobody's revolving around Drakeson's little grudge but you and him.

Quote :

I think you should have to agree there Zaku, because if anyone knows what preaching is, it's Mack.

Preaching and stating your opinions are two greatly different things, Ruta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Now you're just basing your opinion on the past, I already said, it's not going to be the same. The Illithids are here to bring a plot, to bring story. Not kill everyone. My god, I'm not going to go on a Rampage, and attack every fucking character. They don't fight, unless they have too. You'd be the one causing the fight, not them. They use others to do their bidding. And, they're not gods, for fucks sake. They have magic, yes, they have a different type of magic, yes. But I've seen so much worse approved in the past. Hell, Drakeson had a knight that was basically a god, went around trying to kill everyone, but that was fine. But as soon as I try to bring in a slightly stronger race, FOR STORY AND PLOT. To expand on YOUR roleplay. You bitch, and complain
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Fast thread is extremely fast.

It seems like Zaku intends these to be event characters or special characters, no to be used in every day RP--Which would mean that this powerful stuff would be fine, but not INSTANT domination.

Also, I don't like the somewhat cookie cutter feel. I'd like some customization, but mostly in the terms of the gods; Expand them- Are they true gods? Demi gods? Poser Gods? Power Elder Brains / God Brains?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Quote :
We're talking about your shitty demon hunter, you get the facts straight. You don't even know your own god damn characters. Your shitty roleplay is going to end up ruining it for the rest of us, because people base everything on the terrible, retarded example you left.

Quote :

And your shitty roleplay ruins shit for the rest of the community.

Quote :

Keeping cool, right. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Quote :
They don't fight, unless they have too

If they were to walk around town, they would have to.

Quote :
And, they're not gods, for fucks sake.

It was a loose comparison.

Quote :
To expand on YOUR roleplay. You bitch, and complain

Yeah, and I don't see the real roleplay in it. Seeing how they wouldn't be able to get into town without having to use their super-psychic abilities.

Quote :
Now you're just basing your opinion on the past, I already said, it's not going to be the same.

You lost me. What opinion is that?

Quote :
Hell, Drakeson had a knight that was basically a god, went around trying to kill everyone, but that was fine.

Stop bringing others into this and pointing people out of a crowd. Now you're the one basing statements on the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Their god is a single entity, it's not a god persay, but a creature. The Elder-Brain ,it's location unknown, but when an Illithid dies, they bring it's brain to this creature, and feed it to it. It's a giant computer, you could say. Stores information, memories, and the like. Illithids are here to research, and learn. So they can bring it back to their 'God'.

They only have one god, as stated. Their other diety, which was another brain was slain.

Mack, I said, they're not going to be in town. They're not people. *Facepalm*

THEY HAVE OTHERS TO DO WORK FOR THEM. They're just leaders. Not fighters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:35 pm

These characters fit into events and plots. If there were characters of them, they wouldn't be everydayrp characters, can tell you that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Rutabega wrote:
These characters fit into events and plots. If there were characters of them, they wouldn't be everydayrp characters, can tell you that.

I've been saying this, the entire time.

Ugh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Quote :
The Elder-Brain ,it's location unknown, but when an Illithid dies, they bring it's brain to this creature, and feed it to it. It's a giant computer, you could say. Stores information, memories, and the like.

A semi-hive-mind, in other words.

Quote :

THEY HAVE OTHERS TO DO WORK FOR THEM. They're just leaders. Not fighters.

Then you wouldn't be roleplaying them persay, but rather a victim to them? I could accept that. But yeah, rewrite it a bit. I dislike copy-pasta. It's too pasty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Quote :

I've been saying this, the entire time.

Ugh...

Well, then they should be creatures, not a race.

And really, the events with them would get pretty boring after a while.

Illithid walks into town, trying to suck some brains. Illithid flees/gets killed.
Illithid walks into town--
You get where I'm getting at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:43 pm

As I said, I know it's copy and paste. Kill me for it.

And yes, I'll be playing Victims, and the leader of a band of them. And if people want to be turned 'evil' persay, this would give them the chance. I can't do anything without anyones consent, so I don't see why you're against it. And I wouldn't, anyway. I'm not here to kill roleplay, but add to it. that's what I want to do.

And, Mack,

THEY DONT GO INTO TOWNS, FOR THE FIFTH TIME.
Ugh.

Last edited by Zaku350 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:43 pm

I could imagine they'd be constructors of plots, thralls causing chaos, moving things in his interest, ect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"   [APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[APPLICATION REQUIRED] Illithid ; The "Mind Flayers"
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next