Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guards, I am disappoint

Go down 
+3
Koliup
Munroe
♥Lithium
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Guards, I am disappoint Empty
PostSubject: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 am

http://aeria.omgforum.net/information-olden-library-f7/talibarian-lawbook-t269.htm

Been making me ANGRY, that these laws are rarely enforced.
Remember, you are not above the law. >: l
Honestly? The guard sucks, nearly every member has broken one or more of the major laws, before.
Hiring assassins over your girlfriend cheating on you? COME ON. You\'re supposed to PROTECT the citizens, not MURDER THEM. Hell, I believe one of the assassins WAS A GUARD.
God, Surna really is a chaotic hellhole.

Last edited by Kallistia on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
♥Lithium
President of the Gay Bar
♥Lithium

Character sheet
Name: Ahrian de Lioncourt
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:36 am

Apparently Zaku and Kard are.

D:<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 am

Zaku is above the law, in his mind-set. You think he cares for the law? He doesn't want to be in the guard, let-alone help people. What do you expect?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 am

The guards are corrupt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:48 am

Well, we all knew that.
Most of them deserve death sentences! Hell of a town, eh? Criminals for guards. Sure sounds like a safe place to live, hm?

Last edited by Kallistia on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 am

We should set up a team to kill all the corrupt guards. VIGILANTE JUSTICE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:51 am

Guards, I am disappoint 800px-Mechanist
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 am

Guards, I am disappoint Orson%20clapping
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 am

Lol..
I need to make a vigilante based off him.
**In the day, he is just an ordinary blacksmith.
BUT IN THE NIGHT, HE BECOMES THE ANVIL, THE SOLE PROTECTER OF SURNA!**
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:59 am

Kallistia wrote:

LOL. That's the best idea ever.

Also why is it the guard is made up of assholes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:01 am

Kruggly wrote:
Kallistia wrote:

LOL. That's the best idea ever.
Richard can be his sidekick. And jester can be his arch-nemesis.
I can see it now.. a battle on the rooftops, as the civilians stare in awe. (super heroes are epic.)

But ontopic, Zaku, and many others would have been dead, if it weren't for those incompotent guards. :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:27 am

I'll have you know there's only two in the field guards, being Stephan and Zaku, and 's true they're corrupt, but gimme some chars to recruit that a) can fight b) arn't OP c) can take orders and d) arn't corrupt. It's hard to make change when there's no material to change with, it's like asking me to build the great wall of china in the desert by myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:29 am

Rutabega wrote:
I'll have you know there's only two in the field guards, being Stephan and Zaku, and 's true they're corrupt, but gimme some chars to recruit that a) can fight b) arn't OP c) can take orders and d) arn't corrupt. It's hard to make change when there's no material to change with, it's like asking me to build the great wall of china in the desert by myself.

You totally need a recruitment drive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:34 am

Aye, should do that when my cousin heads out either tomorrow or five days from now...or whenever I got a minute. Must say I can't find anyone with all four of them traits.

I'm banking on the newbies to be my godsend.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:02 am

Rutabega wrote:
Aye, should do that when my cousin heads out either tomorrow or five days from now...or whenever I got a minute. Must say I can't find anyone with all four of them traits.

I'm banking on the newbies to be my godsend.

If Ruta needs X=1
Observe
X=Guards
Compute= if people: Draft. if things: Steal. if OP chars: KILL IT WITH FIRE.
People=X
End

Draft some people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:13 am

Can't take away their free will, as per the rules.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:16 am

Rutabega wrote:
Can't take away their free will, as per the rules.
ICly?
Give them a (very)short tour of duty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:30 am

Yeah but then I'm back at square one.

And yeah, no IC removal of free will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 am

Rutabega wrote:

Dull rules make for a dull Olden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:38 am

Easy for you to say, you wouldn't get flooded with complaints if we got rid of that rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:38 am

Rutabega wrote:
Yeah but then I'm back at square one.

You forced Zaku into the guard. >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:40 am

Rutabega wrote:
Easy for you to say, you wouldn't get flooded with complaints if we got rid of that rule.

Unfortunately, no.

And seriously some surprises in RP, even if you don't necessarily like them, would spruce things up a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:41 am

Quote :
And seriously some surprises in RP, even if you don't necessarily like them, would spruce things up a bit.

^This.

When you have to ask, and grab consent for EVERYTHING. And you're not allowed to change another person's character. It's just dull. And nothing really ever happens these days.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:40 am

Well, punishments and the like aren't a violation of the player's freewill, even if it's a death sentence--As long as the punishment isn't absolutely unavoidable, and only in the case of death does the player need to truly consent.

For example, if Thorn ordered a criminal or guard, (which seem to have become the same thing ever since...wayyy back), the player doesn't need to give consent, but it's ALSO not allowed if the punishment is completely avoidable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:24 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guards, I am disappoint   Guards, I am disappoint Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guards, I am disappoint
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next