Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self Evaluation / Response

Go down 
+2
Kain
Pat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Self Evaluation /  Response Empty
PostSubject: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:25 pm

This is, quite simply, a response to the claims in Zaku's recent thread, that admins show favoritism, laziness, are constantly absent, and generally seem to act as if their position is a right, not a job.

I will be the first to say that I have in the past and even currently, have fallen to favoritism and "cloisterism", tending to stay within a section of the community that I more or less know, sheltering myself, you might say. Although I believe I have tried to combat this by attempting to see everyone's point of view, looking at situations in an unbiased manner, I can see that it has slipped through.

I will also admit that I have neglected my duties at various points, sometimes shying away from important topics because of fear of conflict and hostility-- But I also believe that at times I have devoted much of my creative and personal existence to olden, which I hope will be recognized in my works with the lore, a revising of the rules, various events, attempts at reformation of olden, and other various things.

Many times I have also been absent, from both the forums and the server--In recent times, this is because of various credit recovery programs I am enrolled in until July 17th-- while, at others times, I have inexplicably vanished, either due to vacation or simple occupation with some other task or activity. Most of you will also know that I have never been very active on the forums, posting little-- Although I see nearly every post in olden, I often don't have much to say, either because I am nervous about expressing my opinions, desire to stray away from topics with intense, messy topics, or a simple impartiality. I hope this topic in itself will be seen as a commitment to involving myself more publicly in the issues and debates that take place in this community.

So, in the end, I truly place my evaluation to you--Do I deserve to be a head admin? Do I deserve another chance to right my wrongs, or should I give up the mantle of responsibility to someone else? Have what I done in the past shown that I can do the right thing for this community? I am extremely serious in saying that if you deem me unworthy, I will resign.

Things I have done in recent times (Last two weeks) :
Revised the forum rules to a more concise state
Done various work on my (hopefully) continuing project of revising, connecting, and customizing of the lore(Attempting to individualize olden, away from copy/pastes)
Attempted to investigate and come to a resolution on the accusations of "circlejerking". (I have heard this term for a while longer than just two weeks, but only in recent times have I attempted this.)

Things that I hope to do, if I retain my adminship :
Continue to revise the rules into a more concise state
Put the entire admin team through an evaluation of skill, not friendship
Take a more public role in the community, immersing myself into debates, resolving conflicts, and deciding unbiasedly
Continue my revamp of the lore
Take criticism to heart, instead of shying away from it

I give my entire position into your hands--Whether I am worthy or not. I say again, that I -will- resign if you deem it fit.

Oh, and please keep all discussion serious, and decide carefully.

(Note : This post may be prone to edits--I will tell you when I update it.)

Edit- Please also include in your response your own evaluation of me. It would help to see where I can be better, where I've gone wrong

Last edited by Pat on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 pm

DRAKESON MANLY VOICE ACTIVATE

If you are this busy and if there is this much pressure and much things messing with your hand, do take a break but do not step down from Head Admin I respected you as a head admin and you are still a good admin.

I Do not approve of which you are going to resign,

But I do wish that if you are going to be gone GET SOMEONE to be an admin during your absence of course, because we need admins that are willing and to go to the fullest extent of doing their best as an admin....

NO not best, there not going to try. they WILL do there best if they are to be an admin.

That is all I have to say Pat keep admin, but if your going be gone please get someone to take up position towards Admin that is worthy and heed these words out so that we all won't be tortured and one Head Admin doing all the work and stepping to sidelines.

There are people out there willing to take a step up and try help fulfilling an admin position.

Admin indeed as Zaku said is no privileged, no treat, its a curse.
But its a curse to be proud when you help the server, the people, and to make all others happy.
That is what is the con of a curse, for being an admin.

Like a story in VRP, as I am an admin I must daily go through a wave of fail trolls towards the heat of the battle storm to charge into a friggen trench and see all this trolling bull shit nonsense sprout out....
But I keep going because its a job.... And I'm still proud that I'm an admin... Though I don't know anymore about that.

Note: >.> I don't think you've gone wrong your good....
School gets to us all....
All that stuff...
Now I feel like I rambled on and I"LL SHUT UP *WALKS AWAY CRYING*

Last edited by Drakeson on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Editted with a small note
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:34 pm

Pat. If I am to be completely honest, you are one of those admins that are bloody hard to evaluate. Because whenever I speak with you, you seem like you know what you're doing, and something always seems to happen. But then, as you said, you aren't very active. And when I'm not speaking to you, I don't see much coming from your direction.

As you said, your problem is that you fear conflict. This sounds very plausible. I think alot of us do. Indeed, that's not the trait of an admin, but it can also easily be overcome. With enough will to do so.

And this post, is a sign of you realising that you might've gone wrong somewhere. And that you feel the need to ask us. The community. This is a good start in the right direction for change. And really, I feel all admins should ask the community this question.

"Have I done something wrong? If so, what?"

You only need to post more, and share your opinion. Because frankly, you only seem to share it over private SF conversations. Atleast to me.

I think you deserve to stay as a head, Pat. You've only got a small obstacle in your way. Just need to overcome that, and you would make a great head admin.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:59 pm

I like Pat. He's nice. He's fair. He tries hard. He's human, though. He needs support from the community a lot when he does things. But that's why I like him. That's my evaluation. Let's keep Pat.

Puttin' on the ritz....
Back to top Go down
Steveman12

Steveman12

Character sheet
Name: Bael Prosith
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 pm

While i dont like how the head's in general have been taking things recently, i believe that you pat should stay as a head admin.

My resons behind this are that out of the heads you are the one that i have seen the least of these unfortunate coincidences occoring about, and therefore have nothing to really worry about.

As a whole ive seen you do alot more good than bad on the forums, and elsewhere.

So to wrap this up you definatly deserve to be a head admin, and hopefully the head admins themselfs will finally figure out what they have been doing wrong and atleast attempt to fix it.

And one other small note, i find myself in agreement with Drake, having backup admins for when you guys either need a break, or are on vacation seams to be a great idea, and it should help to keep the community more stable and player friendly.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:58 am

Personally, I'd like to see more from Olden's admins. More enforcing of the rules, more respect for players, and more dealing with problems that need dealing with.

I don't have many complaints about you, Pat; you're not on often but that's not something you can control. You otherwise seem capable, if a little lacking in confrontational skills.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Pat wrote:
(Attempting to individualize olden, away from copy/pastes)
Time to get to work on copy pasta'ing my orcs back together then.
[/offtopic]

Anyway, from what we see you do, you do still deserve your head admin position(If you step down, you may create a power vacuum), however, i would suggest you help your staff cleanse themselves of impurities in way of guidance/doing their job.
And as for yourself, whenever you feel you should stay quiet on a topic, post anyway, it's how forum suspensions are made, and new ideas introduced.
Back to top Go down
Fyren338

Fyren338

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:18 am

LOLPAT I wouldn't think from back in age old times when epople actually knew me you would EVER be running 1/3 of the community's power but LOLpat u are there mah man. So like, if people be hating you, just ban them Very Happy you are teh admin nao! I'm jk pat is cool, everyone that is bitching at him is probably a bitch demselves! SHOW SOME RESPECT, it sucks to admin! It's true, everyone comes to you with shitty problems. Sure sometimes the admins stress the players but man players can seriously stress admins. B CHILL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self Evaluation / Response   Self Evaluation /  Response Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self Evaluation / Response
Page 1 of 1