Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Empty
PostSubject: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Race: Human
Birthplace: Jheran
Skill:
-Adept at sword-fighting
-Dabbled in martial arts to improve his swordplay
-Full control over Tyr's Retribution (see "Favored Weapon" for description)
Biography:
Edward was born in Jheran along with her sister Ella. Living in a city filled with crime and corruption, their parents were both killed when Edward was 8, with Ella being 3. After they parted when Ella had ran away (eventually being taken under the Seers' wing), Edward pledged to go on a pilgrimage to be able to deliver justice and to find his sister.

Edward resided in a nearby church to start off his pilgrimage. Many years had gone by as he traveled from town to town to continue his pilgrimage and to search for his sister. When he had reached the age of 23, he had been visited in a dream by Tyr. Tyr told him he must sacrifice his right hand and forearm, and he would receive his gift which would ultimately be the answer to his 15-year search for the strength to defeat those who had murdered his parents. Edward awoke and began the sacrifice by removing his right hand and forearm. When he had felt near death, bright light had shone down upon him, forging his gift upon his arm - Tyr's Retribution. He had also heard Tyr whisper to him his new title - "Alasdair", or "man's defender". From there, he had set out again to return to Jheran to deliver justice to those who had killed his parents. After a few days of searching, he stumbled upon the home of the murderers, and he proceeded to slay them all, destroying them with much strength and ease. Part of his lifelong goal had been complete, and he set out once more to find his sister.

A year had passed, and now he has come upon Surna.
Appearance: He is 6' 3" with medium length brown hair and golden-brown eyes. He has minor facial hair (stubble).
Alignment: Neutral Good
Favored Enemy: Anyone who breaks the law, evil beings
Favored Weapon:
Steel Longsword: The sword, belonging to his father, is the only thing he has to remember him by.
Tyr's Retribution: Tyr's gift to him during his pilgrimage. His right hand and forearm are made of pure holy energy. He can cause damage to anyone with an impure soul, the more impure, the more damage. Undead suffer the most. He can also heal, the effectiveness dependent also on the purity of the soul. Undead cannot be healed (It's holy energy, duh). Also, the gift has blessed him with increased speed and strength, making him more effective in sword-fighting. Unfortunately, anything he touches with it also receives burning damage from the holy energy, so for that he has a special glove blessed to prevent him from causing damage to objects around him.
Deity: Tyr
Current Task:
Find his long-lost sister
Defend the town he visits
(Color denotes importance, blue being top priority)

Last edited by LawnJesus on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Quote :
Favored Weapon:
Steel Longsword: The sword, belonging to his father, is the only thing he has to remember him by.

My Edward has a silver trimmed steel longsword. His mother gave it to him, he got it trimmed later.

You'll get along just fine!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:04 pm

I'd like to know more about Tyr's Retribution.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:08 pm

What would you like to know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Kruggly wrote:
Tyr's Retribution.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:12 pm

Well, of course, I already provided a small explanation in the "Favored Weapon" section, but what more do you want to know?
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Hmmm... the page is well made, but the character seems abit.... much, for your first one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:03 pm

LawnJesus wrote:
Well, of course, I already provided a small explanation in the "Favored Weapon" section, but what more do you want to know?

Is it magic, is it weaved, and how exactly do you plan to make it balanced?
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:02 pm

What krug said, 'Tyr's retribution' seems like something a paladin would spend years getting, or trying to get, we're trying to cut down on the number of powerful right out of the box characters, make it prayer activated, and more of a nuisance, and maybe extremely draining, so it's less of a win button, and more of a decisive tactic.
I expect him to have trouble fighting(With weaponry) when it's active from how powerful it looks.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 pm

He spent 15 years on his pilgrimage to receive Tyr's Retribution.

His arm is magic.

I was thinking it would fatigue him greatly if he relied too much on it. To the point of near death, and prayer would be needed to restore his energy.
Also, if Tyr's Retribution was removed from his body (amputated arm) he would die instantly.

Last edited by LawnJesus on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:56 pm

http://aeria.omgforum.net/ability-applications-f25/
Apply for the arm, list pretty much everything about it.
And uhh...
Yeah, let the populace decide if they want another superman in five.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:19 am

Please don't insult my ideas.

Isn't this application section meant for character-defining things such as Tyr's Retribution, anyways?
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:35 am

I'm not insulting your ideas, purposely.(But I do apologize, sorry.)

And no, you stick that thing in the ability apps, bureaucratic I know, but it keeps things organized and in easy reach.
http://aeria.omgforum.net/accepted-f24/naria-s-light-form-t296.htm
http://aeria.omgforum.net/characters-f8/naria-daikun-updated-t298.htm?highlight=naria

If you look closely you can see both of those things WERE MADE ON THE SAME DAY.
Five minute superman.
(I don't mean to insult kaim, if I've been confused, but this is classic example.)
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:02 am

Alright, I see now. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 am

LawnJesus wrote:
Just play the character for a few days, once the character himself is accepted, and add in the special arm after a few days, that's probably the most effective way to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:16 am

Koliup wrote:
LawnJesus wrote:
Just play the character for a few days, once the character himself is accepted, and add in the special arm after a few days, that's probably the most effective way to do so.

What Koliup said.

Let people see your roleplay, and witness your skill, and responsibility. It'll be much easier to accept, after that.

Plus, you want to develop him a little, y'know?
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:29 am

Try to get a pardon from the admins to play him before approval, accept will be easier.
And you don't break and unsaid rules...
Actually, I think there's a rule on that...
I dunno.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:19 am

Quote :
Actually, I think there's a rule on that...
I dunno.

On playing unapplied/unaccepted characters? Yes. There is. But it's not been put up yet. But there's a post about it stickied in the Character forums.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:06 pm

I would assume this should be accepted, because Tyr's Retribution was accepted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:07 pm

I'd say so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire   Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edward "Alasdair" Sinclaire
Page 1 of 1