Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Empty
PostSubject: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:18 pm

STOP

FUCKING

SAYING

DRAMA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Good fucking Jesus, can you people stop complaining about this "drama"? You're the ones causing it.

Just shut up and fucking RP. If you're not gonna RP, then what the fuck, don't say anything.

On a more interesting topic, I would really fucking like to see some stuff being done around here. Everyone proposed shit but nobody's doing anything, I want some action on the following topics:

Admins ( Who's an admin, admin ranks ).

Fucking bug reports ( How the fuck do I fix something I don't know that exists )

Removal of idiotic, outdated, not helpful, over the top idiotic, immature, you get my drift, posts and topics.

The above, only with lore.

SUGGESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS AND GODDAMNED SUGGESTIONS.

Punishment.

Refinement of the approval system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Well, I think all of this was pretty obvious.

And I've said all of this before, nobody does anything - how do you expect them to read this?
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Well, I think all of this was pretty obvious.

And I've said all of this before, nobody does anything - how do you expect them to read this?

That's why I put it in big friendly letters, everyone knows you can't evade big friendly letters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh, ok.

I get it.

Maybe we can lure the admins in to read it with bigger, badder letters.

And perhaps some cyber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 pm

The admins we got now are the admins we're going to be having. Minus one or two. Mod rank's gonna come back, being inserver admin only. Pat's spost to be back soon, then we can start subplots and such that are planned. And yah, bug report thread covers the bugs.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Rutabega wrote:
The admins we got now are the admins we're going to be having. Minus one or two. Mod rank's gonna come back, being inserver admin only. Pat's spost to be back soon, then we can start subplots and such that are planned. And yah, bug report thread covers the bugs.

Okay, since definitely you have no idea of the proposals that had been or are going on, I'll reinstate them to you.

1) Cleaning up the forum, removing sections that are not used, or are redundant ( Example, Dumps and Junk with Offtopic, or maybe make a single offtopic forum instead of having one for media, garrysmod stuff, and development. That's to remove clutter.

2) Unlock the forum registration, they are locked, so nobody can actually read the answers to the quiz.

3) Post the answers to the quiz ( I can't post on restricted sections )

4) Single admin rank, this isn't a monarchy, a corporation, and having such a division of power is wholeheartedly retarded.

5) ACTUAL removal of admins, as well as actually giving chosen admins their rights, their title, access in the forums, access to RCON, permissions in the server and so on, I had to do them for Narran, and as far as I know, I'm not an admin (Or so it seems, since it really looks like me and Nar are the only ones doing squat for this community).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Quote :
(Or so it seems, since it really looks like me and Nar are the only ones doing squat for this community).

Because anyone else with any sort've potential to help the community, is either shot-down on the spot, or just ostracized at this point. Perhaps if we expanded, and accepted one another with open arms, we can all help eachother - but no, we'd rather hand out power to the kiddies that we cyber with the most, instead of those that'd help the community. How a few of the 'admins' ; I pains me to even label them that, have any power what so ever is BEYOND me. And I'm baffled to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:22 pm

just.. shut up.
olden's gone through this phase over a thousand times now.
just fucking stop it and have fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Kallistia wrote:
just.. shut up.

And it'll keep going through this 'phase' over, and over again. For that exact reason, 'just fucking stop it, and have fun'

It's hard to enjoy yourself in a community that apparently doesn't want you around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Kallistia wrote:
just.. shut up.

And it'll keep going through this 'phase' over, and over again. For that exact reason, 'just fucking stop it, and have fun'

It's hard to enjoy yourself in a community that apparently doesn't want you around.
why would someone stay in a community that doesn't want them
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Rutabega wrote:
The admins we got now are the admins we're going to be having. Minus one or two.

So let's see... Kruggly and Kam still aren't admins, minus one or two... that leaves you and Phear.

Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Munroe wrote:
Rutabega wrote:
The admins we got now are the admins we're going to be having. Minus one or two.

So let's see... Kruggly and Kam still aren't admins, minus one or two... that leaves you and Phear.

Neutral

Kruggly and Kam need to become admins, - I don't see Phear on the server, and I can't say I've seen him act as an active admin, but hey, it's not my job to sit on my ass and do nothing Admin.

And, Narran, I ask myself that same question. All the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:26 am

Munroe wrote:
Rutabega wrote:

Neutral

Gotta talk to Pat about who he wants to promote, if anyone. Phear's gonna go down to a mod position, once we can get it approved. So as it stands until Pat gets here is Narran, Matt and me as BAs, and Phear as a mod, which'll probably be server only duties.

But yeah, Narran/Kam pretty much said it.
Quote :
just.. shut up.

Quote :
Good fucking Jesus, can you people stop complaining about this "drama"? You're the ones causing it.

Just shut up and fucking RP. If you're not gonna RP, then what the fuck, don't say anything.

You guys complaining ain't doing shit, you're just making new and more issues that we don't need nor want right now. We got four semi-active admins, which based on our usual numbers should be more than enough, especially when part of those numbers are made up by me and Narran, who're on the server more than most other people with the exception of a few members.

And incidently, the reason Olden keeps going through this phase is because the same few people are constantly bringing up issues that arn't really a priority and making a HUGE fuss over it. Kam doesn't currently have admin, may change in the future, until then he's got rcon and can police the server if there's no admins on to do so, which should suffice until he gets a admin position. Whereas I don't doubt what Krug is capable of, I don't see him being active at all, other than a few occasional posts, though granted it's hard for him to get on the server due to timezone issues. Point is, I personally don't think he should be an admin until he's atleast somewhat active, because in my opinion, if we just give him admin and he becomes active, as opposed to if not an admin, he wouldn't be active sends the wrong kind of message in my eyes.

Point is, right now we should be fussing over crap like who should be an admin, ranks of admin and other pointless nattering.
We have a server.
Kam fixed the player resize error//crashing bug (P.S, tyvm for doing so)
We should be on the server, trying to enjoy the thing we've been hoping for for so long now, not bickering and complaining about things that, at this time, hold little importance.

Oh, and for removing pointless bs topics, I myself think an autoprune in most sections would be the best idea until we change forums. Lemme know if you got a better one.

Summery of this whole rant...
If you have complaints, or suggestions for proposed changes, please sit on them a while until the appropriate time. Right now we should just be geared towards rping, and enjoying the server that Matt and Kam have worked so hard on. It's really not that hard, just get on the server and rp. I've been having fun on the server rping with the other handful of people that get on. It's really not difficult at all, and much less aggressive then sitting around the forums going on about problems that don't concern us at this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 am

Quote :
Whereas I don't doubt what Krug is capable of, I don't see him being active at all

I was under the impression you had abandoned the idea of me being an admin, so you can see why I haven't been posting too much.

I have been on every day though.
Back to top Go down
Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien

Character sheet
Name: Matthew Brandon O'Brien

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:14 am

I personally think Krug deserves admin. Kam, as well.

I'm a little butthurt about this comment
Kamitama wrote:
(Or so it seems, since it really looks like me and Nar are the only ones doing squat for this community).
Kidding, but still.

I'm trying to work on some new forums for us, and I'm still building them but After that I'll be Transferring any lore that we're keeping and then you can feel free to Transfer any posts that you have when I open the new Forums. Also, Factions need to be Redone. Indefinately. Factions are a great source of RP if done correctly. If any one is up for leading a Faction, talk to me about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mattspagebrigantine
Madcombat

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:47 am

/me walks in the room.

Orginisation is needed.
I am going to try to get on the server currently up, hope some of you do so too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:50 pm

***Dick walks into the thread, and immediately starts crying

All your contention makes me cry!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
***Dick walks into the thread, and immediately starts crying

Hmm, perfect word choice there. I do imagine you as a giant walking penis, after all.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Matt O'Brien wrote:
I personally think Krug deserves admin. Kam, as well.

I'm a little butthurt about this comment
Kamaitama wrote:
Kidding, but still.

Didn't really mention you since you're the server provider, the community wouldn't be up without you even if Nar, some others, and me are doing stuff.

Aside from that, I'm currently on the Fretta Gamemode contest, so it's probable I won't have that much time to code for the server. Once I get back on my game, I'll probably finish the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:39 pm

I don't see any real drama. Lots of favouritism and what have you, but nothing abnormal by Olden's standards. Though why contribute, when I have been inclined to be doing more worth while things than Olden, seeing as my posts are removed and I'm victim of bias for not being a kiss-ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA   STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT DRAMA
Page 1 of 1