Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The server needs more people.

Go down 
+4
PuPeT-KaI
Munroe
Gambit
LawnJesus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

The server needs more people. Empty
PostSubject: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Y'all are tired of hearing this same old "GET ON SERVER" crap, but seriously. Munroe, Gambit, Blitz, Reager, and I have been the only ones that I've seen RPing. Either I'm just dumb, y'all are just on at bad times, or you're not on at all period.

Just because some dipshit like Zaku fucks us up for a bit doesn't mean we should lazy it up. We need more people, then hopefully with that we can get more people and stuff. Or not, and we at least try to RP with who we have. I don't know. Beats the hell outta me what the community should do to increase the playerbase..
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:13 pm

We just had a pretty long RP session.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:13 pm

This kind of problem is what killed Desertia. People aren't joining the server, often because it's empty. But the server's empty because no one joins it. See the vicious cycle?

The solution is getting the server populated, and then keeping the population entertained. Sitting around talking all the time gets old. To advance the plot, and bring characters closer together, there must be events and occurrences. There's tons of stuff we could do in-server besides passive RP.

I only hope this post won't fall on deaf ears this time around.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 pm

O GOD OFF-TOPIC BUT I LIKE OUR OLD THEME NOT THIS GRAY/WHITE SHIT
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Munroe wrote:
This kind of problem is what killed Desertia. People aren't joining the server, often because it's empty. But the server's empty because no one joins it. See the vicious cycle?

The solution is getting the server populated, and then keeping the population entertained. Sitting around talking all the time gets old. To advance the plot, and bring characters closer together, there must be events and occurrences. There's tons of stuff we could do in-server besides passive RP.

I could bring back a villain of mine?

Idea idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Gambit wrote:
Munroe wrote:

I could bring back a villain of mine?

Idea idea
Which villain?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Narran wrote:
Which villain?

Idk..

Never really had one that bad. The one that popped into my head was Cythanar, then again I hated playing his attitude.

I think everyone should post their ideas off these outlines I got by asking around

• Siege / Occupation

• Villain

• Other
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Maybe now would be a good time to bust out the Arcane Tempests. A big, dangerous one could keep the town pretty busy. Mages would have to fend it off, and everyone else would have to run like hell.

Some ideas are:

• Firestorm (fireballs and 'splosions)
  • Tornado (lol)
  • Ice storm (giant shards of ice plus freezing cold)
  • Vacuum (makes people explode)
  • Super-high gravity (splat)
  • Super-high reverse gravity (WAAAAGGGGHHHH...)
  • Lightning storm (Jesus will zap you any way he can!)
  • Intoxication (makes everyone act drunk and/or retarded)
  • Infatuation (make love not war)
  • Aggression (make war not love)
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:36 am

Aggression sounds like it would cause some troubles.
Back to top Go down
Icaso

Icaso

Character sheet
Name: Icaso
Race: Earth.

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:38 am

Same with Vacuum. People exploding? Probably not a good thing there.
Back to top Go down
OBrian001

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 am

I already got my evil character accepted, I'll begin wreaking havoc upon the populace. Dhampir style Razz
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:10 pm

We're getting motivation, now we just gotta stick to it.

I agree wholeheartedly with Munroe, because he and I both understand the situation (we're both from Desertia after all).

I've had a few ideas for some villainous characters, but I just gotta work on them a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:17 pm

I've got plenty ideas for events; The beginnings to some of the subplots I've been cooking up for the eons of olden inactivity.

However, because of a sudden rise in my school work load, I won't be able to do anything until the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 am

Quote :
Intoxication (makes everyone act drunk and/or retarded)

We've always been like that Razz

Also, we had a pretty good population...today or was it yesterday? There was like 6+ people on, fraid I don't remember too well, but yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:45 am

How about we have an event where aliens come to surna and abduct everyone, and then probe their brains and send them back unharmed.

THE PLOT TWIST IS.

THE ALIENS WERE ACTUALLY FROM EARTH.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 pm

But that's one day out of the many where there is minor population/none at all.

If we can keep the 6+ population going, that will be great. So don't drop all your ideas because of a single 6-player day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The server needs more people.   The server needs more people. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The server needs more people.
Page 1 of 1